There is HOPE for genetic alopecia!

AngD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been experiencing progressive thinning of my hair since my twenties, maybe even earlier (I am now 54). Here I must mention that I never had thick locks to begin with ... I tried a couple of things (Minoxidil, onion juice:oops:, essential oils (Rosemary and Peppermint), dermarollers, PRP, topical olive oil, LLLT, Hair Regrowth Injections and many, many other therapies that are too useless to mention). Today I'm here to give hope to all my fellow sufferers of genetic alopecia. My thinning was extreme and if I can achieve success, so can you!

IMO, olive oil and essential oils are GREAT, inexpensive, and extremely effective for promoting hair regrowth. However, they only work to a point. You will experience noticeably thicker hair but not enough for you to be able to say that the days of having thin hair are over.

Minoxidil caused such extreme inching on my scalp and resulted in facial hair (the minoxidil gets onto your pillow when you are sleeping and from there onto your face). I gave this up very quickly so can't attest to the efficacy of this treatment ...

The hair regrowth injections are excruciatingly painful :eek: but extremely effective. I quickly noticed the appearance of very fine hair regrowth. They are definitely worth a try if you have a very high pain threshold and are very, very, very desperate for a full head of hair!

The best and most effective therapy is without a doubt, is LLLT. I use a helmet for 25 minutes every second day. My hair has filled in beautifully and I no longer have any areas where the scalp is visible. LLLT is amazing but quite a pricey initial investment.

Good luck to everyone. This was a very long, lonely and very embarrassing road to travel but there is hope ....

htalk

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AngD How long were you using the iRestore before you noticed an improvement.

I've been using another helmet for 3.5 months and haven't noticed any improvements yet.

Thank you!

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@AngD How long were you using the iRestore before you noticed an improvement.

I've been using another helmet for 3.5 months and haven't noticed any improvements yet.

Thank you!
Most reviews I've read said anywhere between 2 months and a year to know if it is working. I picked up the iRestore about 2 weeks ago after doing a bunch of research. I went with iRestore because of the return policy. They give 6 months, but people have had it extended by customer service by up to 2 years because the company would rather have you try it longer in hopes that it starts working than for you to give up... but the money back option seems very real.

AngD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got mine in April 2020 and have been using it every second day (religiously) for the past 8 months. I would say that I noticed a real difference after 4/5 months. The hair is still very thin but it's there. I'm hoping that the 'hair vitamins' and protein that I'm taking will make it stronger in time ...

Marion

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been experiencing progressive thinning of my hair since my twenties, maybe even earlier (I am now 54). Here I must mention that I never had thick locks to begin with ... I tried a couple of things (Minoxidil, onion juice:oops:, essential oils (Rosemary and Peppermint), dermarollers, PRP, topical olive oil, LLLT, Hair Regrowth Injections and many, many other therapies that are too useless to mention). Today I'm here to give hope to all my fellow sufferers of genetic alopecia. My thinning was extreme and if I can achieve success, so can you!

IMO, olive oil and essential oils are GREAT, inexpensive, and extremely effective for promoting hair regrowth. However, they only work to a point. You will experience noticeably thicker hair but not enough for you to be able to say that the days of having thin hair are over.

Minoxidil caused such extreme inching on my scalp and resulted in facial hair (the minoxidil gets onto your pillow when you are sleeping and from there onto your face). I gave this up very quickly so can't attest to the efficacy of this treatment ...

The hair regrowth injections are excruciatingly painful :eek: but extremely effective. I quickly noticed the appearance of very fine hair regrowth. They are definitely worth a try if you have a very high pain threshold and are very, very, very desperate for a full head of hair!

The best and most effective therapy is without a doubt, is LLLT. I use a helmet for 25 minutes every second day. My hair has filled in beautifully and I no longer have any areas where the scalp is visible. LLLT is amazing but quite a pricey initial investment.

Good luck to everyone. This was a very long, lonely and very embarrassing road to travel but there is hope ....
I have androgenetic alopecia also. Mine started at 17 abd im now 61. I was very lucky to have very thick curly hair so it has just recently got really bad. Was just wondering what kind of injections did you get. I recently had exosomes and it hurt like hell! But if it works I’d do it again. Only 3 weeks in so too soon to tell.

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have androgenetic alopecia also. Mine started at 17 abd im now 61. I was very lucky to have very thick curly hair so it has just recently got really bad. Was just wondering what kind of injections did you get. I recently had exosomes and it hurt like hell! But if it works I’d do it again. Only 3 weeks in so too soon to tell.
Hey dude I am 54 and started thinning at 20 but still have decent head of hair just harder to style. Would like more volume, please let me know how that works for you. PRP FKED ME UP one treatment in August & then Sept

Marion

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude I am 54 and started thinning at 20 but still have decent head of hair just harder to style. Would like more volume, please let me know how that works for you. PRP FKED ME UP one treatment in August & then Sept
I’m not a dude lol but that’s ok. Hair is hair. They used some prp on me for a boost. How did it fk u up?? I will post after pics if it helped. I will invest in the LLLT THAT AngD talks about
DB77A90C-D7FC-4151-8A1E-C4929157E76C.jpeg

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Marion, What were the results of the exosomes for you? I did adipose stem cells with platelet rich plasma a few weeks ago. Somehow I feel doubtful it will help. The dermatologist told me I need to wait 3 or more months to notice improvement. She will evaluate my progress.

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm new on here. Just wondering is anyone here has tried IPRF which is the latest version of PRP. With PRP it is difficult make and lot of clinics get the procedure wrong which why I think some people don't get results. IPRF similiar to PRP is a very simple procedure to make and has 5x the concentration of PRP. I just did my first session.