There is hope dudes

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
How time can change things...

When I first joined this site in 2003, I was an insecure, lost 23 year old who was losing his hair. I had recently left a relationship with a girl I was crazy about, around that same time and thought the world was coming to an end. I didn't leave the house, I couldn't bare to think what others thought of me. I shaved my head and stayed indoors as much as possible. Wasting my time listening to songs I could relate to and getting high. I did this for years

In 2005 I had a seizure from the drugs I got hooked on and ended up in the ER. I lost my license for a little while, but I was able to kick the habit. I also got a bunch of Cisco certifications and landed a Network Administrator job. This helped my confidence a little. I still felt hopeless with regards to the life I wanted....

I decided to stop being a sucker. I did something I always wanted to do. I bought a used race bike (yamaha R6), went to race school and got my amateur race license. I raced for 4 or so years, it was a great hobby and more importantly, a great distraction. It did wonders for my self esteem. During the years I raced, I thought less about my hair.

In 2007, at the grocery store, I met the women of my dreams. Drop dead gorgeous. Well my friends, she is now my wife and we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world last summer.

My message to all of you is that there is hope. Do not give up. Do something you always wanted to do, don't waste your life. It can be great.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Its good to know there's light at the end of tunnel. There's a lot of negativity on the board and this makes a change. Thank you :)

shootingguard

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm glad things worked out for you, but it's much easier to look at the bright side when you're already there.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
shootingguard said:
I'm glad things worked out for you, but it's much easier to look at the bright side when you're already there.
That's true, but I for one am glad he made it there.

Good for you buddy. It's awesome things turned out the way they did for you.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
shootingguard said:
Perfectly said; haven't read something so profound in a while.

@Stabber, congrats though :bravo: it's good to see when things work out for someone who's been through a tough period.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Lovely little post indeed :)

Congratulations on your marriage and daughter and thank you for making this post; it would be fantastic if even one person takes some encouragement from your positivity.