There are tons of happy people with hair loss!!

jeffsss

Reaction score
I made a thread on another forum i frequent (not a hair forum) and made a thread about hair loss.. I was suprised that soo many people have hair loss, but dont care?!

take this guy for example.. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 3C25138856

he's 20 years old and probabaly has less hair than a lot of people on this forum. he is so positive it's crazy..

he is just such an inspiration to me.. 6 years younger.. less hair.. happy as hell. i'm jealous.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who's really bald, but he doesn't shave his head, so it looks like old main bald style hair, and this guy always got girls. He's just so confident. I asked him how he does it, and i got drunk and forgot what he said. He married a really hot girl, he met her when he had a tiny bit more hair...

I wish I could learn confidence, but I read a post on Craigslist today about some 50 year old guy who is really confident, but has really bad transplants, and people laugh at him.

jeffsss said:
I made a thread on another forum i frequent (not a hair forum) and made a thread about hair loss.. I was suprised that soo many people have hair loss, but dont care?!

take this guy for example.. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... 3C25138856

he's 20 years old and probabaly has less hair than a lot of people on this forum. he is so positive it's crazy..

he is just such an inspiration to me.. 6 years younger.. less hair.. happy as hell. i'm jealous.

cateyes81

Established Member
Reaction score
oh whatever if you cannot pull off the "bald look" LEts not beat around the bush you are UGLY :hairy: When we get old it can look decent but if you are young and balding face it no decent looking girls are going to want you. You will have to lower your standards dramatically and come to term with being ugly. I know it sounds harsh but its true. :( Nobody likes young guys with a nasty receding hairline. :hairy: :hairy: :hairy:

jeffsss

Reaction score
cateyes81 said:
oh whatever if you cannot pull off the "bald look" LEts not beat around the bush you are UGLY :hairy: When we get old it can look decent but if you are young and balding face it no decent looking girls are going to want you. You will have to lower your standards dramatically and come to term with being ugly. I know it sounds harsh but its true. :( Nobody likes young guys with a nasty receding hairline. :hairy: :hairy: :hairy:

mr. optimism....
lol. I have a hot girlfriend, i have a nasty receding hairline.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Cateyes, you're wrong. I have a very beautiful wife. I'm not rich nor is my crank 12" long. I'm an educated, normal nice guy. Now that we have that out of the way....

The reason girls may be thinking you're ugly is that you've shut yourself in a little room moping around like a ninny. There's nothing more unattractive than someone who lacks confidence. I don't care if you have a third eye - if you're fun to be around, people want to be around you - including girls. If you slouch around like a loser, avoiding people, then yeah - you're ugly.

cateyes81 said:

jeffsss

Reaction score
very good advise. it's just real hard getting over that speed bump. I'm learning how to... lexapro is helping.. but so is a new hairstyel

hairwegoagain said:
Cateyes, you're wrong. I have a very beautiful wife. I'm not rich nor is my crank 12" long. I'm an educated, normal nice guy. Now that we have that out of the way....

The reason girls may be thinking you're ugly is that you've shut yourself in a little room moping around like a ninny. There's nothing more unattractive than someone who lacks confidence. I don't care if you have a third eye - if you're fun to be around, people want to be around you - including girls. If you slouch around like a loser, avoiding people, then yeah - you're ugly.

cateyes81 said:

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate a little more? I'm actually about to become a hermit because I came out of the delusion that my transplants looked okay.. They look bad, and I want to not leave my apartment except for work... You should see me in bright lights. It's like I'm a vampire.. I need confidence, but I don't know how to get it given that I am ruined for life hairwise.. My donor area is all used up on one inch of my hairline, and it still looks unnatural..

hairwegoagain said:

cateyes81 said:

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A lot of girls find recession to be a mature look.

I think a lot of people confuse developing a mature hairline with "hair loss." My hairline is that of a NW2 and that's ok, but the diffuse thinning is not ok.

jeffsss

Reaction score
-cj- said:

I think a lot of people confuse developing a mature hairline with "hair loss." My hairline is that of a NW2 and that's ok, but the diffuse thinning is not ok.
gee thanks.. :-x

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
-cj- said:

gee thanks.. :-x

Well for me personally, I hate it :(.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
recboi said:
Could you elaborate a little more? I'm actually about to become a hermit because I came out of the delusion that my transplants looked okay.. They look bad, and I want to not leave my apartment except for work... You should see me in bright lights. It's like I'm a vampire.. I need confidence, but I don't know how to get it given that I am ruined for life hairwise.. My donor area is all used up on one inch of my hairline, and it still looks unnatural..

Recboi, there's really not much on which to elaborate. It really is as simple as it sounds. I'll try though.

The concept is simple. DO NOT BE A SHUT-IN. You seek to hide from the world because you're self-conscious...but by doing so, you are the one rejecting others - not the other way around. You sit alone looking in the mirror, going through your collection of precious baseball caps, punching the clown on the internet, driving yourself crazy. You grab onto every little bit of commentary from complete strangers as if it was carved in stone in the Ten Commandments, then you analyze it to pieces in your mind. That makes you even more depressed, so you're even less likely to go out and live. It's a self-defeating cycle. The longer you do it, the more difficult it is to pull out of it.

Give yourself a break. Give those around you a break. Can you honestly say that your current state is benefitting you, your relationships, your hobbies, your career....your life? Most likely, it is harming all of the above...perhaps doing more damage than you recognize...but you're probably not paying attention to others, are you?

I'm not coming down on you whatsoever...I'm just trying to give you an objective view of what I see. I also have the perspective of a guy with hairloss. It hasn't slowed me down - I'm prospering. You can too. It's your choice - and don't come back and say it's not... because I know.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've had adults make fun of me before because of it. People notice, and they let me know that they know. That's humiliating. So if I follow your advice, and obviously it's noticeable, I'll just have people talking about me behind my back.. The fack is, it looks like sh*t now. It's only going to get worse. I have no relationship, I haven't even began a career job yet, and this fact , and you cannot deny it, will make both of those MUCH more difficult than a person who was not butchered.

Sure, I could go out, but I"ll be the guy everyone makes fun of. I'll be the one where the girls are thinking "why would he even bother talking to me?".

Is there anyone on this BBS who had bad hair transplants and got a signifcant other AFTER the fact, and not before? I highly doubt it..

hairwegoagain said:
recboi said:

Recboi, there's really not much on which to elaborate. It really is as simple as it sounds. I'll try though.

The concept is simple. DO NOT BE A SHUT-IN. You seek to hide from the world because you're self-conscious...but by doing so, you are the one rejecting others - not the other way around. You sit alone looking in the mirror, going through your collection of precious baseball caps, punching the clown on the internet, driving yourself crazy. You grab onto every little bit of commentary from complete strangers as if it was carved in stone in the Ten Commandments, then you analyze it to pieces in your mind. That makes you even more depressed, so you're even less likely to go out and live. It's a self-defeating cycle. The longer you do it, the more difficult it is to pull out of it.

Give yourself a break. Give those around you a break. Can you honestly say that your current state is benefitting you, your relationships, your hobbies, your career....your life? Most likely, it is harming all of the above...perhaps doing more damage than you recognize...but you're probably not paying attention to others, are you?

I'm not coming down on you whatsoever...I'm just trying to give you an objective view of what I see. I also have the perspective of a guy with hairloss. It hasn't slowed me down - I'm prospering. You can too. It's your choice - and don't come back and say it's not... because I know.

jeffsss

Reaction score
like i said in other posts.. your hair isnt as bad as you think it is.
have you tried a concealer or antying like toppik or whatever?

there is nothing wrong with going out with a hat either.. i do it all the time.

recboi said:
I've had adults make fun of me before because of it. People notice, and they let me know that they know. That's humiliating. So if I follow your advice, and obviously it's noticeable, I'll just have people talking about me behind my back.. The fack is, it looks like $#iT now. It's only going to get worse. I have no relationship, I haven't even began a career job yet, and this fact , and you cannot deny it, will make both of those MUCH more difficult than a person who was not butchered.

Sure, I could go out, but I"ll be the guy everyone makes fun of. I'll be the one where the girls are thinking "why would he even bother talking to me?".

Is there anyone on this BBS who had bad hair transplants and got a signifcant other AFTER the fact, and not before? I highly doubt it..

hairwegoagain said:
recboi said:

asdf2

Reaction score
cateyes81 said:

That's bollocks. I'm 21 and have a lot less hair than that guy in the pic. I've got nasty recession on top of extreme diffuse thinning all over the top and temples and I get hot girls all the time. I'm lucky cause I can pull off the skin head look, but even when I let it grow for a few weeks cause I'm lazy and it looks so obvious how much i'm losing I can still do well. Its all about the confidence. If you believe you can get any girl you want then it won't matter how much hair you have, except in the really shallow girls, but who wants that anyway. Besides, I'm dead shallow. I don't want no fat or ugly girls.

Britannia

Reaction score
I have hairloss. Im happy :) .