Theracell - New Stem Cell Hair Loss

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Website looks pretty legit but there's no specific information as to how the procedure is done. It only mentions '3D culture' which is what we've heard from Dr. Roland Lauster nearly 5 years ago. If anyone has any information on these guys, please share! I'll be doing some digging around soon.

Here's the site:

http://theracell.eu/?page_id=2470

Theracell is currently working on the development of a new approach for hair regeneration. This treatment involves the collection of cells found around hair follicles in order to grow them in a lab. This cell-based hair follicle regeneration, is an injectable cell therapy product for hair regeneration through the creation of pre-follicular units, using a specific population of stem cells found in the hair follicle. The procedure is used for the generation of new hair follicles and the activation of existing ones.The process is as follows:
  1. A small amount of hair follicles (10-20) is collected by the plastic surgeon.
  2. The samples are transferred to our GMP certified laboratories, where a special type of stem cells that reside within the hair follicle are isolated and cultured for several weeks. The purpose of this stage is to end up with a large amount of cells.
  3. After the cell expansion stage, the hair follicle stem cells are grown in a 3-D culture, in order to obtain pre-follicular units.
  4. These pre-follicular units are then injected into the scalp. The scope is to generate new hair follicles and to activate the existing ones.
The main advantage of the therapy is the fact that it is a minimally invasive and virtually painless technique.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think we are better off following cryogenics research so we can freeze ourselves and awaken in 50 years when something actually works
25hhnxj.jpg

Leto

Reaction score
Well, competition is good. At least something is happening. Something is ALWAYS better than nothing. Are there any documents about it? How advenced it is? Maybe someone will give them a call?

dps

Banned
Reaction score
the research and development page says they are using dermal papilla cells, this is essentially the same approach as replicell.
as leto said, competition is good.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
the research and development page says they are using dermal papilla cells, this is essentially the same approach as replicell.
as leto said, competition is good.

No its not. Replicel uses DSC cells. Aderans used dermal papilla cells.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's their office, looks rather nice;

143iz55.jpg

*Picture taken from Google Street Maps, hence the weird sky at the top.

Reaction score
you would think there are bunch of old rich mega millionaires that want their hair to grow back and be thicker than ever to fund mass research

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you would think there are bunch of old rich mega millionaires that want their hair to grow back and be thicker than ever to fund mass research

well these old rich guys probably have enough gold diggers swarming after them that they are deluded into thinking women dont mind bald guys when really they are just trying to dip their fingers into his bank account

Reaction score
well these old rich guys probably have enough gold diggers swarming after them that they are deluded into thinking women dont mind bald guys when really they are just trying to dip their fingers into his bank account

makes sense

but what do you think of this stem cells?

our best bet?

Ulti

Reaction score
Yeah no kidding. I don't get why multimillionairs who are balding don't donate to hairloss **** charity, if I was rich all my money would go to male pattern baldness research.
I had a large spinal tumor for years..think I gave two ****s about that tumor? No, I was too worried about my hairloss. **** cancer research too.

Sorry grandma god rest your soul, but I want my hair back.