Then and now

martrix

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm 22 years old living in the center of Europe. I have been thinking about hair loss for a long long time now, first startet at about 17 when I noticed thinning of hair in the temple areas. Since my father is bald I had a lot of worries.
3 Years later, not mich had changed I got into this phase where I wanted to do something against it so I went to see a Hair-Loss-Doctor. He told me that there are many options but he would not do anything against it in this stage.
1 year passed in which I tried out a "hair growth kit", basically a derma roller and a natural solution which claims to enhance hair growth. I'm not sure if it really helped but I thought it did so nothing wrong. I again visited the doctor which noticed that there are miniaturized hair that havent been there last time, so he recommended Finasterid.
Now I'm a little over half a year on finasteride, 1mg/day in the morning. I haven't had any side effects and I did not lose mich hair since then.
Attached are a few pics, number one me at 18, second one year ago and the last two are from today.
What do you think of the progress?
Screenshot_20240525_204813_Gallery.jpg
1000031102.jpg
20240525_203116.jpg
20240525_203016.jpg

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a lot of hair.. So you have great starting point..Yes.. we all want perfection. There is some regression hairline & sides.. Perfectly normal.. but you want it to regrow & sprout like other hairs..I would concentrate on those regressing areas with the typical hair growth products.. I’ve tried them all so have my go-to’s .. but you are in very good shape to start ..so don’t panic

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 year passed in which I tried out a "hair growth kit", basically a derma roller and a natural solution which claims to enhance hair growth. I'm not sure if it really helped but I thought it did so nothing wrong. I again visited the doctor which noticed that there are miniaturized hair that havent been there last time
If you had good results with derma roller, why start finas? I dont understand it.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Well done. Keep popping that finasteride every day. Your results will just get better as time goes on.

martrix

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had good results with derma roller, why start finas? I dont understand it.
It was hard for me to determine if the results were "real" or just my imagination. Since the derma roller is kind of an alternative treatment and my Doctor was not to sure about it I just wanted to be sure and have something I believe really works. You know what I mean?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was hard for me to determine if the results were "real" or just my imagination. Since the derma roller is kind of an alternative treatment and my Doctor was not to sure about it I just wanted to be sure and have something I believe really works. You know what I mean?
Then, a lot of luck