TheMoose's Story

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Not too bad at all. Stay away from products or at the most use a a volume increaser like Fructis Volume XXL. Also rememeber that the longer hair gets, the more the scalp shows through. The old roman flat style works best, but that is up to you.
Are you on finasteride and minoxidil? If so, how long?

Steve4263

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this considered the vertex part of the head?
mehair5.jpg

I would agree with Alpunk1 about the diffuse thinning. I myself have a filling in bald spot on the crown of my head thanks to Finpecia and minoxidil Start on the Propecia, Minoxidil and Nizoral Shampoo. Sooner is better than later.

G

What do you guys think of the forehead sized....kinna massive eh...to put stuff in proportion...that battleship is just shy of being 3 inches from eyebrows to hairline...and I stand about 6'1"=quick conversion= 73 inches.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I think your forehead looks fine.

6'1" is a height I wish I was at.

I'm 5'11" now... Still want to be over 6 feet, though. Height matters.

G

I got lucky more than anything with height...hurray one genetic blessing amongst my many curses...my dad is 5'8" and my mom is 5'3" with me being the only person in a very long line of family members to break 6'...I think my face is like this man's shape...Adam sandler...aka oblong head shape

sandler2.jpg

Oh and before I forget, once again, thanks for your contributions Aplunk1.

thiningattop

Established Member
Reaction score
TheMoose, I think u have the same type (or at least very close to the same type) of hair loss i have. I dont really see anyone else on here with my type of hair. I have very very very fine hair. Kinda born like that, but now that i started to loose a little, it really became noticable. Anyways ... here are my pics...

hair3.jpg

hair2.jpg

hair1.jpg

Guys, do i stand a chance? I dont think its possible to get any fuller hair. I just have a hard time believing that hair from the sides can grow back too. Am i wrong?

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
People with really thin hair will benefit greately (although only cosmetically) by dying their hair.

This will bascally coat the hair and give it more volume.

thiningattop

Established Member
Reaction score
doesnt dying your hair kill it?

If not ... do u mean i should go to a lighter color? As this will hide the contrast more with my scalp? Or should i go with a darker color and will that make my hair look thicker? Or the same color and just hope it coats it and makes it look thicker?

Please give me more info.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
i would think dying your hair would be bad for it. but if you do dye it, i would go with a lighter color to match your skin, don't you guys agree?. i, unfortunately, have really dark hair and very pale skin, so the contrast is my enemy. i see tons of blond guys with less hair than me that hide it very well by the simple fact that you can't see any scalp contrast. though, i don't think the scalp on your sides looks bad. the hair is short there and i think it's acceptable to see side scalp. top scalp is what you want to hide.

moose and thinning at top, how have you done on finasteride. i've been on it for about 10 months. i can't really tell how it has worked. up until about a week ago i would think i had atleast maintained, if not got better. but yesterday i took a mirror out in the back yard and looked at my hair in the sunlight. it is about a 100 times worse than i thought. and since i never did that before, i have no idea if it's always been like that or what.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
photos dude. Keep track of it. But remember only thing worse than evil sunlight is evil evil evil evil son of a b**ch upclose flash photography.

G

Holy CRAP thinning..for a sec I thought you stole my pics wow that's freaky we got really similar hair even tho I think mine's a bit lighter...mine is defintely thin...always has been...my mom has fairly thin hair and my dad did as well...hes around Norwood 3.5 now I'd say...contrary to what most people think I think maternal genetics do have a stronger say in hair @ least in guys...my 2 friends with really thick *** manes have hair resemblant of their mothers in color and texture and everything..

G

oh and jumped the gun it's too early to say IMO, I've only been in on it I guess 4ish months...@ month 6 i have a checkup with my derm. I really dont know what to think though...it looks crappy in the shower but great when its dry...other days it looks awful...sometimes i can pull off a great hairdo, other days I cant...sometimes with tugging my hair I pluck out 0 hairs sometimes 3-4...the only good thing is that I wake up with almost no hairs on my pillow...basically close to none most come out in the shower or when I scratch my head. Ohhhh I'm going to throw soemthing in here ppls...for w.e. reason even though overall I am quite resistant to pimples...like my skin for most part is generally clean I do seem to get a high % of my pimples ON MY SCALP!!! could this in effect damage my follicles when i pop them or even by them being there?