The world's most expensive minoxidil?

Polarity

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm mid-thirties with a family history of receding hairlines. I've noticed my front hairline creeping up so booked a free consultation with the Belgravia clinic in London.

They did a check and said that there's thinning at the front and a little on the top as well. They recommended five percent min as there's still a decent number of follicles.

Now, this all seemed fairly reasonable up until we spoke about prices. This has definitely been brought up on this forum before, but I'll mention it was over 500 British pounds for a year's supply. They claim their product is better than the generic version, but, well, they would.

Anyway, I get that price is a con, but the thing they do have going for them is that while you are ordering their overpriced minoxidil, they will see you every three months for appointments. This does feel quite appealling. I think I'd spend a lot less time stressing about the issue if I knew that experts where taking a look at it, and potentially adjusting my dosage. At least for the first year or so.

So I guess I'm interested as to whether others actually get their hair checked by professionals? Are there alternatives, like buying the generic medication and finding a dermatologist to see occasionally?

Cheers

THairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't bother, just purchase a generic Minoxidil and if you want to stick with that singular treatment, then also throw in daily deep scalp massages. You can get plenty advice on this forum regarding your progress or lack of.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They are seeing you every 3 months for what? Are they charging you for the visit? I think they just want to get you to come in to sell you more overpriced treatments.

Dermatologist are useless in my experiences for hairloss. Better to see a respected hair transplant surgeon that can go over your non surgical options which are limited.

You can buy generic rogaine at Walmart for like $20 a month and it's 5 percent. I'm sure you can buy it much cheaper than what they are selling it for.

Polarity

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the consultations are 'free'. It's kind of odd, because I guess that's what you're really paying for instead of the minoxidil. It would sound a bit less ridiculous if they presented it that way.

The consultations will supposedly check my progress and see if they need to recommend a different concentration of min or any other further medications.

It's obviously overpriced for what it is. Just trying to weigh up whether it will give me peace of mind. They at least ask questions about my medical history, if my partner is pregnant, etc. which I may not get from a forum.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm mid-thirties with a family history of receding hairlines. I've noticed my front hairline creeping up so booked a free consultation with the Belgravia clinic in London.

They did a check and said that there's thinning at the front and a little on the top as well. They recommended five percent min as there's still a decent number of follicles.

Now, this all seemed fairly reasonable up until we spoke about prices. This has definitely been brought up on this forum before, but I'll mention it was over 500 British pounds for a year's supply. They claim their product is better than the generic version, but, well, they would.

Anyway, I get that price is a con, but the thing they do have going for them is that while you are ordering their overpriced minoxidil, they will see you every three months for appointments. This does feel quite appealling. I think I'd spend a lot less time stressing about the issue if I knew that experts where taking a look at it, and potentially adjusting my dosage. At least for the first year or so.

So I guess I'm interested as to whether others actually get their hair checked by professionals? Are there alternatives, like buying the generic medication and finding a dermatologist to see occasionally?

Cheers
I am from the United Kingdom and i started with the Belgravia Clinic and their programe, 12.5% Minoxidil + 5% Azelaic acid cream. The cost is crazy, that’s when I found compound pharmacies in America that prescribe and ship to the United Kingdom.

My mixture i buy from MAA in America contains more better ingredients for less price.

See the thread i created below you can also purchase and save money, compound the mixture to your requirements.

Send me a message should you want any guidance,

Attachments

• 0E9A6997-54D7-49F0-834A-F858085B0363.png
    0E9A6997-54D7-49F0-834A-F858085B0363.png
    652.4 KB · Views: 61