the White Bulbs

wild eyed

Reaction score
when im drying my hair after shower i see about 15 hairs in the towel. im on a my 3rd month of 1.25 finasteride and 5%minoxidil. anyway, is this hairloss to be considered normal, or is it cause im on finasteride i.e. a shed..

also the white bulbs , what to they signify? the total end of that hair? or sumthing else?

Stingray

Reaction score
Funny how no one EVER notices those things before they start noticing their hair fall out.

The bulb is just the end of the growth cycle of the hair...when it goes into it's resting phase. The lack of the bulb is a bad thing :)

bombscience

Reaction score
wild eyed said:
when im drying my hair after shower i see about 15 hairs in the towel. im on a my 3rd month of 1.25 finasteride and 5%minoxidil. anyway, is this hairloss to be considered normal, or is it cause im on finasteride i.e. a shed..

also the white bulbs , what to they signify? the total end of that hair? or sumthing else?

The "white bulbs" are the root of your hair after a natural cycle. Take a look at the general thickness of the hair. Does it decrease in thickness from tip to root?

Also, 15 hairs on the towel does sound like a bit much, it could be a "shed". Depends on more of the quality, not quantity of the hair lost.

ChiaHead

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
The bulb is just the end of the growth cycle of the hair...when it goes into it's resting phase. The lack of the bulb is a bad thing :)

Interesting.....I do remember noticing tons of hairs with white bulbs on them during the first few months of treatment.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
Soem of the hairs I notice have dark brown/black bulbs at the end of them, but most are white. Anyone know what that's all about?

Stingray

Reaction score
Umm... no reason? Just the color of the bulb I guess.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My guess is its grime/dirt