The view from the top - for folk who shave or have shaved.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a shaved head for about 5-6months. I'm reasonably ok with it and overall, mostly received positive remarks about it.

I'm growing my hair back in just to see what it's like and to use some of my NW3 before it turns 5.

This is more aimed at folk who shave their head either with a razor or keep it to a very tight crop, and what experiences you have from it?
How about reactions from women?

A few things I noticed were;

-Every bald person who came on tv. Be it Telly 'Kojack' Savalas, Michael Jordan, Bruce Willis, Pep Guardiola,Billy Corgan,Billy Zane, Kelly Slater- I was that man. ''Look there's you'' etc - I've named mostly decent looking guys but the ugly ones too. Anyone with a shaved head was me.

-More respect - especially on the roads. People would let me pass easily on the roads, or wait and wave me on at blind corners or wherever.
Also people holding doors etc and men mostly too.

Be interesting reading other peoples views on how they see life either as a shaved person or when they had/have hair.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1) easier getting into clubs pubs etc etc
2) people tell me i look tough, a friend of my father thought im in the russian mafia :dunno: ...
3) i get less attention from girls, praticularly younger ones (up to 23-24 yo) and also the nice/cute girls tend to avoid me, i get along much better with the "sl*t"/bimbo type right now, at least its much easier to strike a converstation with these atm, usaully they would reject me on the spot.
4) i love to shave the head, the feeling and all that, with that being said, i wish i had a lower hairline, thats all i need, to frame my face, after doing so, even if i was NW1 i would still shave it very close... its just more fun, manly and freshing :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^ Granted, but we will see how "reasonably ok" you are when you have an nw5 horseshoe that can not be hidden no matter how far down you shave it.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
U_Man, do you shave it with a razor? I've read a few of your posts and I know you don't have a hairline, but have you tried shaving with a razor? I may be a miniority but I find a smooth shaved head looks better than the grown out buz cut on a diffuse or NW5.
You look fine by the way in your avator. You look like K-Fed in that photo when he was younger,slimmer and bangin' Britney!

Another thing that I noticed being shaved re: women. I didn't notice much of a change in interest although certainly younger women didn't seem so interested - I actually exprimented one night to try and guage intital 'look's - First nightout with a mohawk and constantly got told 'Aww Glee!' from the younger girls and then next time I went with a shaved head and didn't get so many glances or ''Aww's'' haha.

Although with a shaved head I was chatted up by an absolute MILF and seemed to attract older women 30plus women more than I do when I have hair.

waldo

Reaction score
my experience with women was similar, never had a problem chatting up girls, getting laid etc, i have pretty good social skills, good face etc and managed to hide my nw3 with longish hair and lots of wax. i dont mean to sound like a douche but i really could walk into a club and taken 90% of the girls there home with me.

then i shaved, and suddenly the 20-25 year olds didnt even notice me, felt rly bad. however i got so much attention from older women, it was scary because i wasnt really confident around women 5-10 years older than me. it also made me regret the decision to shave soon after.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Similar to me, waldo. I really should've been happy that the mother of all MILFS (bad pun) was up for me, but I kept thinking why don't the younger girls like me too, haha as greedy as it sounds.

Do you still shave waldo and how does it work out? Do you get the younger girls chatting you up? Have you tried a mohawk or a fauxhawk/high n' tight type cut with the NW3?
I'm NW3 with diffuse. I'm growing my hair out to see what I can do with it, I kept it too long when in denial about hairloss which is why I shaved it all off because I was fed up of the wind blowing it about.
I'm going to trim the sides reguarly and grow a 2/3 inches on top to see how it looks maybe with some dermatch/nanogen to sprouse it up too.

epictetus

Reaction score
When you have a shaved head, you're "the bald guy."

It doesn't matter if you're funny, witty, rich or athletic. The only descriptor that others will use to distinguish you is "the bald guy."

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
epictetus said:
When you have a shaved head, you're "the bald guy."

It doesn't matter if you're funny, witty, rich or athletic. The only descriptor that others will use to distinguish you is "the bald guy."

Yeah and for me "the guy with 9 fingers" and "the guy with a speech impediment" also apply. Life's grand!

epictetus

Reaction score
ghg,

You have good bone structure, including a large, angular jaw. Baldness suits you.

9 fingers? My grandfather was a carpenter. It was always strange to see any of his peers with 10 completely intact fingers. They were badasses.

Churchill managed to overcome his lisp to be one of the greatest orators of the 20th century.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
My other thumb didn't develop properly so it had to be removed when I was 4. The thumb was then replaced with the index finger for best possible practicality of the hand. It doesn't look pretty I can tell you that.

northnorth

Reaction score
keeping it clean always made me feel better. i buzz everyday on 0. i've gotten compliments such as, you actually pull off that look.

the only down side is that everybody usually assumes im a skin head due to my serious look on my face at all times until i speak.

cuebald

Reaction score
ghg said:
My other thumb didn't develop properly so it had to be removed when I was 4. The thumb was then replaced with the index finger for best possible practicality of the hand. It doesn't look pretty I can tell you that.

Yeah but girls ain't gonna be caring about your thumb when you have that NW1.5 on your head are they