The Ultimate Stack For Fighting Hairloss (2018)

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey quick question about your experience with RU. I started thinning and shedding a week in. I’m afraid to stop and make it worse. What happened when you stopped?
Tbh the day I stopped ru, I started finasteride like 3 days later so it might not be accurate, but my shedding decreased and hair is looking a lot healthier. Who knows tho, it might have been a shedding phase followed by thickening but I didn't want to risk it because there's still so much unknown with RU

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just lol at calling it the "ultimate stack" when the androgen receptor antagonist is RU58841, one of the weakest in the entire class. CB is even weaker than RU.

See strength comparison of androgen receptor antagonists here:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...conversion-of-ru58841-to-darolutamide.109065/

Also you have no estrogen (ER-beta) signalling, are neglecting topical antihistamines (which reduce PGD2 among many other inflammatory mediators), and aren't including minoxidil, which while "ugly", is still the best proven growth stimulant.

What is CB? Do all, or any other (than ceriterazine), topical antihistamines block Pgd2--Like benedryl?

H2, tagamet?

Also, topical estrogen needed on scalp? How, without buying with prescription, or from Eastern block women (who always had a reputation for manliness during the cold war) ?

Last edited:

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is CB? Do all, or any other (than ceriterazine), topical antihistamines block Pgd2--Like benedryl?

H2, tagamet?

Also, topical estrogen needed on scalp? How, without buying with prescription, or from Eastern block women (who always had a reputation for manliness during the cold war) ?

Cb-03-01 is a super weak antiandrogen being trialed for acne and hair loss. It is weaker than RU so likely not going to be game changing for many guys.

Desloratadine is in my opinion the best topical antihistamine as it is clean, modern, stable in alcohol, and does not need to be activated by the liver to work.

You can buy estriol and estradiol creams on Amazon easily without a prescription if you want to try applying either to your hairline.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think that diagram is sufficiently complex to allow for it to illustrate the "ultimate stack". That diagram is a marketing gimmick for seti. It doesn't remotely encompass how complex hair loss is.

But if you want to put together a nuclear "kitchen sink" approach, with the strongest agent from every class, while still controlling side effects to possibly tolerable levels, this would be it in my opinion...

ULTIMATE HAIR LOSS AGENTS BY CLASS
  • Androgen Receptor Antagonist
    • Mechanism: Blocks DHT and testosterone from binding to androgen receptors
    • Agent: Topical Darolumatide
    • Rationale: Strongest medication in the entire drug class, does not cross blood brain barrier, topical use focuses effect at the scalp and should reduce systemic side effects
  • 5-AR Inhibitor
    • Mechanism: Reduces DHT levels by blocking 5-AR enzyme
    • Agent: Dutasteride
    • Rationale: Reduces serum DHT by 95%
  • Anti-Histamine
    • Mechanism: Decreases PGD2 as well as many other downstream inflammatory mediators triggered by androgen binding, likely should help male pattern baldness itch
    • Agent: Topical Desloratadine
    • Rationale: Cetirizine has better evidence but has potential stability problems in ethanol based solutions
  • PGD2 Inhibitor
    • Mechanism: Blocks PGD2 which is one downstream mediator of inflammation triggered by androgen binding
    • Agent: Oral Setipiprant
    • Rationale: No published evidence for any drug in this class yet exists, but at least we have some field reports from people trying oral seti that have noticed benefits, and it seems to be safe so far.
  • Estrogen
    • Mechanism: ER-beta stimulation has many positive effects in the skin and can prolong anagen of hair follicles
    • Agent: Topical Estriol
    • Rationale: Estriol has the greatest ER-beta predominance of all natural estrogens. Topical administration avoids excessive liver metabolism, reducing risks, and allows the effect to be focused at the scalp.
  • Prostaglandin Stimulant
    • Mechanism: Manipulation of prostaglandin signalling, particularly towards PGE2 can promote hair growth through inflammation
    • Agent: Oral Minoxidil
    • Rationale: Minoxidil is the best proven growth stimulant on the planet. Topical concentrations are limited to 5% traditionally due to poor solubility. Oral dosing allows greater delivery to the follicles, but with more side effects and risks.
  • Stem Cell Stimulant
    • Mechanism: Wounding in combination with growth stimulants triggers a stem cell response which leads to follicle neogenesis.
    • Agent: PRP
    • Rationale: PRP combines traditional wounding with the injection of natural growth stimulants from your own centrifuged blood and has good published evidence
  • Tension Reducer
    • Mechanism: Therapies to reduce scalp tension reduce tension-mediated androgenic inflammation and improve blood flow to the scalp
    • Agent: Botox
    • Rationale: Two sessions of scalp muscle Botox spaced 6 months apart gave equal results to finasteride by 1 year in one published study

That’s gold. We need some kind of web place where we could gather unconventional knowledge like this

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh god @sunchyme1 quiet down. lol. Please. :) Cut me some slack.

And besides you already know what you need to do for your hair. You're a good responder. You just need to do it.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
About RU vs CB0301, i really wonder if RU is powerfuller than CB.
I already saw people getting real regrowth on temples with CB-0301 who didn't get these results with RU....( legit RU)...

So....it's to reflect...

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 month in concerned RU (mixing my one) has done more damage than good. Overall hair quality has become horrible and frail. Some regrowth at hairline. Also added iron so that could be the positive factor.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 month in concerned RU (mixing my one) has done more damage than good. Overall hair quality has become horrible and frail. Some regrowth at hairline. Also added iron so that could be the positive factor.

Could this be upregulation, any1 knows?

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could this be upregulation, any1 knows?

Do we still consider AR upregulation to be a real threat ? If so, do we know the odds of this happening ?
I am debating whether to add RU or daro to my regime for an anti androgen and I need to make a decision soon. Like.................... today.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we still consider AR upregulation to be a real threat ? If so, do we know the odds of this happening ?
I am debating whether to add RU or daro to my regime for an anti androgen and I need to make a decision soon. Like.................... today.

Yup, same here. I’ll probably add RU and up the dose of duta, but because of anecdotes like this I’m scared to even try

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, same here. I’ll probably add RU and up the dose of duta, but because of anecdotes like this I’m scared to even try

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-about-androgen-receptor-upregulation.110125/

I found this thread by ideal and its pretty encouraging suggesting that upregulation is real but not likely ever going to be powerful enough to make a difference when using the right treatment. I just need a word of advice on wether or not to pick daro or ru because my hairloss and shedding is so aggressive. (150 - 300 hairs a day)

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-about-androgen-receptor-upregulation.110125/

I found this thread by ideal and its pretty encouraging suggesting that upregulation is real but not likely ever going to be powerful enough to make a difference when using the right treatment. I just need a word of advice on wether or not to pick daro or ru because my hairloss and shedding is so aggressive. (150 - 300 hairs a day)

Yeah you need some anti androgen in your regimen if it’s up to date. I’ll probably try with RU first, if it does not work still have daro as a backup plan