The Ultimate Gyno Treatment For Hairloss (2020)

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am long battler against gyno due hormonal hairloss medications and i've tried multiple treatments.
Tamoxifen and Raloxifene were the best against gyno but the problem is always the same, hairloss picks up while on anti-gyno treatment (even on hairloss medications).

While we try to battle hairloss locally with topicals (RU, minoxidil, CB etc) we dont have any good topicals against gyno locally. I couldnt find any results here on the forum but i've done some research in hopes to find a anti-gyno treatment that might be used while on hairloss medications.

Might topical tamoxifen be the answer?
Please read the text below and let me know what you guys think?!!

"Seema Khan, MD, professor of surgery, found a new skin gel that reduced the growth of cancercells minimizing dangerous side effects. A gel form of tamoxifen applied to the breasts of women with noninvasive breast cancer reduced the growth of cancer cells to the same degree as the drug taken in oral form but with fewer side effects that deter some women from taking it, according to new Northwestern Medicine research."
Source: http://www.womenshealth.northwestern.edu/blog/tamoxifen-gel-form-effective-less-side-effects

"To explore alternatives to oral tamoxifen that might have fewer side effects, researchers are testing a topical form of the drug in two clinical trials. These randomized placebo-controlled studies are evaluating a gel formulation of tamoxifen called 4-hydroxytamoxifen (4-OHT) that waomen apply directly to the breasts.
Source: https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2018/tamoxifen-gel-breast-cancer-prevention

"Our trial is testing 4-OHT gel, which is an active form of tamoxifen, in women with DCIS.When tamoxifen is taken by mouth, it goes through the gut and into the liver, where it’s broken down into two main active forms, 4-OHT and endoxifen. If we put any drug on the skin that goes directly into the breast, it has to be an active form like 4-OHT, because it won’t pass through the liver to be activated.
I can say that the circulating gel levels in the body are extremely low compared with oral tamoxifen.
If it passes and goes to phase 2, they’ll start looking at its effectiveness. As an oral drug, this was too toxic to use in healthy women. "
Source: https://www.curetoday.com/publicati...19/getting-under-your-skin-with-tamoxifen-gel

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am long battler against gyno due hormonal hairloss medications and i've tried multiple treatments.
Tamoxifen and Raloxifene were the best against gyno but the problem is always the same, hairloss picks up while on anti-gyno treatment (even on hairloss medications).

While we try to battle hairloss locally with topicals (RU, minoxidil, CB etc) we dont have any good topicals against gyno locally. I couldnt find any results here on the forum but i've done some research in hopes to find a anti-gyno treatment that might be used while on hairloss medications.

Might topical tamoxifen be the answer?
Please read the text below and let me know what you guys think?!!

"Seema Khan, MD, professor of surgery, found a new skin gel that reduced the growth of cancercells minimizing dangerous side effects. A gel form of tamoxifen applied to the breasts of women with noninvasive breast cancer reduced the growth of cancer cells to the same degree as the drug taken in oral form but with fewer side effects that deter some women from taking it, according to new Northwestern Medicine research."
Source: http://www.womenshealth.northwestern.edu/blog/tamoxifen-gel-form-effective-less-side-effects

"To explore alternatives to oral tamoxifen that might have fewer side effects, researchers are testing a topical form of the drug in two clinical trials. These randomized placebo-controlled studies are evaluating a gel formulation of tamoxifen called 4-hydroxytamoxifen (4-OHT) that waomen apply directly to the breasts.
Source: https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2018/tamoxifen-gel-breast-cancer-prevention

"Our trial is testing 4-OHT gel, which is an active form of tamoxifen, in women with DCIS.When tamoxifen is taken by mouth, it goes through the gut and into the liver, where it’s broken down into two main active forms, 4-OHT and endoxifen. If we put any drug on the skin that goes directly into the breast, it has to be an active form like 4-OHT, because it won’t pass through the liver to be activated.
I can say that the circulating gel levels in the body are extremely low compared with oral tamoxifen.
If it passes and goes to phase 2, they’ll start looking at its effectiveness. As an oral drug, this was too toxic to use in healthy women. "
Source: https://www.curetoday.com/publicati...19/getting-under-your-skin-with-tamoxifen-gel

As far as i can tell this treatment is still in trials and we need 4-OHT Gel to test this. I am currently looking for a source.
http://empowerpharmacy.com/index.php/drugs/tamoxifen-cream
this is a potential

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried 2.5mg letrozole for two months to get rid of gyno, it helped a tiny bit but it absolutely wrecked my hair, im off it for about month and a half now and my hair is still a mess. Would be interesting to see what other people think about tackling gyno. Right now im pretty comfortable with my gyno, i'll never have a flat chest again but it's an acceptable trade off for me.

Last edited:

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried 2.5mg letrozole for two months to get rid of gyno, it helped a tiny bit but it absolutely wrecked my hair, im off it for about 1 month 15 days now and my hair is still a mess. Would be interesting to see what other people think about tackling gyno. Right now im pretty comfortable with my gyno, i'll never have a flat chest again but it's an acceptable trade off for me.
Yes, getting rid of gyno is never the problem.
The problem is that letro and other stuff (oral tamoxifen) most def. wreck your hair and what I justed posted a
potential treatment that might not (that much).

finasteride and duta gave me gyno but it wont maintain me. Thats why i need extremer stuff, but i need to be on anti-gyno treatment as well since i am prone to gyno.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is why it's best to try estriol before estradiol if you are concerned about gyno. Estradiol might work faster, but not after you factor in the setbacks from raloxifene treatments. Slow and steady wins the race.
Yeah but the problem is that i get gyno on finasteride anyways.. so im f*cked. Might as wel cycle estradiol and have setbacks now and than. Tough choice

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats the theory anyway that estriol has little effect on breast growth but good om hair compared to estradiol?

Estradiol has similar affinity for ERα and ERβ, but estriol is highly selective for ERβ which seems to be responsible for the hair growth properties of estrogen. https://academic.oup.com/edrv/article/27/6/677/2355194
ERα is predominant in breast tissue, so gyno is less likely with estriol as it has a weak binding affinity toward ERα.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've tried a lot of sh*t, letrozole cycles, tamoxifen, raloxifene, but nothing really got rid of the puffy nipples I got on Finasteride. If you don't act on time, it's permanent.

I've lost a lot of weight so with lower estradiol levels they are less noticeable (due to less water retention), but ultimately the only thing you can do to have a normal flat nipple is surgery.

As far as preventing it from happening again, other than the obvious - never use anything anti-androgenic or estrogenic again - I have no advice. When you're this sensitive to gyno you really are fucked, treatment-wise. Sad but true.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you loss weight? i gt some gyno, but loss weight and train and i can live with it, its not the best, if i am with no tshirt i have to be in a good position all the time, but well, at the moment no other solution than cirugy

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to update on the letrozole shed, still hasn't improved, i'd strongly advise people try tamox or ralox instead of letrozole, it's just not worth the damage it does to your hair.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to update on the letrozole shed, still hasn't improved, i'd strongly advise people try tamox or ralox instead of letrozole, it's just not worth the damage it does to your hair.

Yep, Raloxifene and if it doesn't work, get booked for the knife. It's the only way unfortunately.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, Raloxifene and if it doesn't work, get booked for the knife. It's the only way unfortunately.

Did tamox f*** up your hair as bad as letrozole? i hear while still bad for your hair compared to ralox it's still nowhere near as bad as letrozole.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did tamox f*** up your hair as bad as letrozole? i hear while still bad for your hair compared to ralox it's still nowhere near as bad as letrozole.

Not as bad as letrozole, but still had some increase in hair loss on it. To be honest with Raloxifene, I did not notice any increase in hair loss and in fact I'm pretty sure my hair looked & felt a bit better on it - probably due to its SERM properties, I think it may agonize estrogen receptor in the skin (not sure, look it up).

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if ralox powder will dissolve in PG? I can't find the tablets anywhere but can find powder, was thinking of dissolving it in PG and taking 1ml.

Thanks