The true % of men who go bald young, somebody re assure me.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
note I said bald, not hairloss, a mature ghairline is not baldness.

I was just making plans for christmas there and ended up stalking on school friends profiles. Naturally there was a fair cross section of successful, poor, fat, fit, families etc among them but not one of about 50+ profiles I looked at was beyond a NW2.

This wasnt just me being unfortunate in missing the slapheads by chance, I actively went looking for them, they were not there. All of these people are 29-31 years old.

I have always questioned the percentages touted on the web for the number of people with severe male pattern baldness in their 20s as being far too high, using the broader definition of hairloss to bump the numbers up, I really think Im right to do so now.

Anybody care to guess the true percentage of bald people out of 100 random guys under 30? I'll go with 2% and say 3% with serious diffuse thinning.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes the percentage of people who have it that early and the worst are not more than 2%. I was the only guy in my high school, thinning in a male pattern baldness pattern. It started before my 14th birthday. The recession was significant by the 15th birthday. Now I'm 21 and in university, I'm practically bald, there are very few guys I see with thinning hair in the university. There is only one guy I have ever seen who is of my age and has the hair loss of my degree.

This 2% estimate is for the Caucasians as the baldness is common in this race compared to others. I don't think that the baldness even affect the other races by teen years. My guess would be like In Caucasians there is only about 1 guy every 250 to 300 guys who has it that early.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think 2/3 is over estimating.
I see fewer and fewer bald men.
I really think they are being bred out here in america.
wish it was before I was born.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
norwood 2 and 3, which, for all intents and purposes, is not loss at all is probably at least half or three quarters of that "2/3" of men that go bald

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
If the % of men who go BALD young is 2 %, the % of women who go bald at all is the same, but the % of women who go bald young must be 0,00000000000000000000000001 % and hey guess I'm lucky.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Come to England if you want to feel "accepted" or what ever...bald,balding people are everywhere.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Come to England if you want to feel "accepted" or what ever...bald,balding people are everywhere.

female too? i'm packing my bags if so. i feel like an outcast where i live, absolutely NO women with hair problems what so ever :(

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a baldness thread fred, not a hairloss one. I can accept 2/3s experiencing hairloss before 35, baldness is a hell of alot rarer.

The one positive from my trip down memory lane via facebook was that the best looking girl in my year of high school is still the best looking and is married to a full on NW7.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
female too? i'm packing my bags if so. i feel like an outcast where i live, absolutely NO women with hair problems what so ever :(

Dont see bald women but they are everywhere just look on youtube.

9tfrizzco

Established Member
Reaction score
i think the 2/3 before 35 sounds accurate. i've noticed many more balding men since i started losing it my self. so many men have a receding hairline/thin hair

jeremy from peep show for example. i never in a million years would have noticed he was going bald before i started to, but he's basically been a nw3 throughout the whole show

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Robert Webb has a big bald patch. You can see it in Fresh Meat. I think on Peep Show he either has a partial piece, loads of concealer and sympathetic camera angles!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
The prevalence of baldness depends on the area. Certain genetic segments of men are much more prone to baldness than others. Baldness is very common in western europe.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Baldness in an NW6 pattern is before 40 is still quite rare. I would say maybe one in 30 have it.