The Trichophytic Closure In Fut Surgery

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a nice scar. Trichophytic closures are very important for other types of hair surgery. Like they are critical for forehead reduction which I am getting.

One of the biggest factors that control the scarring you will get from any type of strip transplant or scalp/forehead reduction surgery is the tension of the scalp once the closure is made.

Tension will create a larger and uglier scar no matter how the closure is done, as the skin will attempt to pull itself apart during healing.

That is why for forehead reduction, as I am doing, it is important to use an expander first unless you have a very lax scalp first.

Good FUT scars are likely as much related to having a lax enough scalp before the procedure and getting a closure without tension from this as they are from how well the edges of the skin are opposed during suturing.

Unfortunately, laxity cannot be controlled too much. My scalp is tight as f***. Some people have very loose ones. Everyone's different.

My point is trichophytic closures are important, but I think if you want a minimized scar, you need to think about tension as well, as that is likely an equal or bigger factor.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a lax scalp, and you can have an 'excellent' scar? how do you know if your scalp is lax or not?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a lax scalp, and you can have an 'excellent' scar? how do you know if your scalp is lax or not?

Surgeons assess laxity routinely. There are youtube videos on it. Wound healing is also an individual thing. Everyone makes different kinds of scars, even if everything else is the same.

shookwun

Reaction score
That's a nice scar. Trichophytic closures are very important for other types of hair surgery. Like they are critical for forehead reduction which I am getting.

One of the biggest factors that control the scarring you will get from any type of strip transplant or scalp/forehead reduction surgery is the tension of the scalp once the closure is made.

Tension will create a larger and uglier scar no matter how the closure is done, as the skin will attempt to pull itself apart during healing.

That is why for forehead reduction, as I am doing, it is important to use an expander first unless you have a very lax scalp first.

Good FUT scars are likely as much related to having a lax enough scalp before the procedure and getting a closure without tension from this as they are from how well the edges of the skin are opposed during suturing.

Unfortunately, laxity cannot be controlled too much. My scalp is tight as f***. Some people have very loose ones. Everyone's different.

My point is trichophytic closures are important, but I think if you want a minimized scar, you need to think about tension as well, as that is likely an equal or bigger factor.

you must be new to this industry. forhead reduction doesn't work for baldies such as yourself who will continue to receed. Then what? went from a weird hairline scar to a fully exposed joker scar along your forehead. makes a FUT scar look minimal in comparison.

In which you will then require a scar revision, and in most cases FUE to cover the scar.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
you must be new to this industry. forhead reduction doesn't work for baldies such as yourself who will continue to receed. Then what? went from a weird hairline scar to a fully exposed joker scar along your forehead. makes a FUT scar look minimal in comparison.

In which you will then require a scar revision, and in most cases FUE to cover the scar.

Uhhh I'm not receding. I'm reverting to a NW1/1.5. ie Reverse Norwooding. And I don't intend to ever change from there. Hair loss does not have to be progressive.

If I ever did recede minimally (ie by a centimeter at the corners when I'm 50) I can always get minimal FUE to cover it. If there was ever some catastrophe and I had to stop all treatment and go bald completely, I'd wear a wig as I can't walk around with a bald/shaved head with my ugly structure. I'd look like a short weird Frankenstein bald.

So it's zero concern for me. My hairline looks better every week that passes. And I'm prepared for the worse should catastrophe somehow strike.

Last edited: