The Top 10 Worst Heredity Conditions

bubka

Reaction score
i saw this on digg on my daily top science story read:

The Top 10 Worst Heredity Conditions
Although baldness is common in men, scientists don't understand much about why so little is going on up there. Genes do play a role, but your mom is not the only one at fault. Baldness is likely due to abnormalities in several genes from one or both parents. People with a rare type of permanent baldness called alopecia universalis, lose hair all over their bodies and carry defective 'hairless' genes.
http://www.livescience.com/health/top_1 ... ons-1.html

i don't know about it making a top 10 list, it seems kind of just thrown in there like they were looking with something that people know about to start off the list... anyways, nothing too exciting here

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Half of those conditions are not even that bad. I don't like going bald, but it doesn't begin to compare to genetic predisposition to certain cancers or mental illness which were not even mentioned. Same goes for Lactose intollerant, colour blindness and having twins.

docj077

Reaction score
More like the top 10 BEST hereditary conditions to inherit except for breast cancer. Everything else there can be treated or compensated for pretty easily.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
A real list should be like this:

1.-diabetes
2.-Alzheimer
3.-epilepsy
4.-down syndrome
5.-hypertension
6.-hemophilia
7.-Batten Disease
8.-hereditary cancer (like breast cancer or colon cancer for example)
9.-Marfan Disease
10.-hemochromatosis

in no particular order.

docj077

Reaction score
Bet24 said:
A real list should be like this:

1.-diabetes
2.-Alzheimer
3.-epilepsy
4.-down syndrome
5.-hypertension
6.-hemophilia
7.-Batten Disease
8.-hereditary cancer (like breast cancer or colon cancer for example)
9.-Marfan Disease
10.-hemochromatosis

in no particular order.

Even everything that you listed is still mild with the exception of hereditary cancer.

I would put various metabolic disorders on my list.

powersam

Reaction score
pfft. the conditions that don't even let you live past infancy are obviously worse.