The Swimming Pool And Effects On My System

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last summer was my first summer wearing a system - and in hindsight I spent a lot of my time working to find a bond process that worked for me. We finally did.

Fast forward to this year - and I'm back to doing summer sport things I like (as much as we can with Covid). Well, I have spent alot of time in the pool this year. I really expected the chemicals, the heat and excessive direct sunlight would wreck hell on my system. To my surprise it did not. Not at all. Now, I'm not one to just stand in the pool and chat - I like to play games, Marco Polo, Best Dive, Largest Splash - so I am in and out of the water constantly. Through all of this, my system was fine.

The only thing I have noticed is my adhesive bond. It doesn't last as long so I need to do touch up more often. HOWEVER the cleanup of the bond on my scalp and the lace is easy. It really is a simple swipe with alcohol an my scalp and mesh and it cleaned up. I spend more time waiting for the adhesive to cure before I can press it down, than I do to clean and reapply adhesive.

BUT THE BIGGEST BONUS - MY HAIR FEELS GREAT!

Has anyone Else noticed this? I did mention this to my salon, and they said others have made the same comments.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is odd! Though a great result for you :)

Summer holidays have ruined my hair system in the past. The sunlight, heat, pool / ocean water... all these things attack the hair and leave it brittle, dry, faded. My holiday last year in 40 degree (Celsius) heat turned my black hair green!

I did jump into the ocean plenty of times and that really didn't help my hair in any way.

BUT I don't get my hair wet in pools so much because I fear the chlorine. Maybe that's what we've been doing wrong all this time :D

I've only ever read that heat/sun/pool water will wreck our hair. Was there anything special/different that you did, to make your hair feel great?

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is odd! Though a great result for you :)

I've only ever read that heat/sun/pool water will wreck our hair. Was there anything special/different that you did, to make your hair feel great?

I'm as surprised as you are. Aside from UV sunscreen for hair - I did nothing special. These are chlorine pools, not salt water pools.

I am now on my second system this summer - and both of them seem to do well with the pool. I've been in the lake - and that was no big deal - but of course is fresh water and no chems.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I swam a lot in in the pool w/ my first unit, last summer. (It was closed this year). No issue either.

I was using tape then.

@Diesel guy - How is your glue cleanup so easy? You just hit the lace w/ alcohol and wipe it and it's gone just like that? How long do you keep a piece on?

I do notice that, in the few times I've used ghostbond, much more residue is left on my scalp than on the lace - but I remove after only a few days.