The Superior Moral Position on Torture

kilgore

Reaction score

If the CIA torture memos tell us anything, it’s that Americans still have a long way to go towards civility. When disenfranchised youths flew planes into buildings, it should have been a time of quiet introspection. Instead, Americans gave into baser emotions and demanded vengeance against our “attackers.†Since we had the barbaric Bush administration in charge, they gave into those demands and soon loosed the sadistic Cheney, who took a break from blasting his friends in the face with a shotgun to turn his violence on foreign minorities. Pretty soon our intelligence agencies had grabbed some random Arab terrorist masterminds off the street and started inconveniencing them, making them uncomfortable, and — dare I say it — torturing them.

And now we are no better than they are. Less better even.

A civilized nation should never torture. Period. Ever, for any reason. No matter how many lives are at stake. It always just reduces us to animals that thirst for the pain of others. We say we want it to stop “terrorists†from killing us, but if in the process we murder our own humanity, what’s the point? And anyway, torture doesn’t work. I don’t care what basic logic or common sense or history tells you. It never works. Ever. That’s what studies say. Scientific ones where, to test the efficacy, they tortured monkeys to see if they could get the monkeys to talk, and none of them ever did. So with that issue settled, for what other reason could we be seeking torture but inhuman sadistic pleasure?

Yes, some are claiming that the torturing of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed saved thousands of people from a plot to blow up the Library Tower in Los Angeles, but that’s ridiculous. First of all, if they really got useful information, then they obviously didn’t use torture because it’s a well-known fact that torture doesn’t work (remember the studies I mentioned). But they claimed they used waterboarding, which they say is not torture but we all know is totally torture. I mean, they hold someone down and pour water — real water — on his face; try that on a cat and see if it acts like that isn’t torture. Thus, since waterboarding is torture, it obviously didn’t cause KSM to give up information because torture doesn’t work. Thus, he must have given up the information for reasons completely unrelated to the waterboarding.

Now look at what we (and by we, I mean you, because I’m not a part of this) have become. Torturers. And what did we gain? Information on a terror plot that was probably never going to happen in the first place. And even if it was going to happen, it’s not like thousands of people don’t die in LA every year anyway. Plus, “Library Tower†isn’t actually a library. So we gained nothing, and we debased ourselves by becoming nothing more than common Cheneys. Just because someone masterminded a plot that killed thousands doesn’t make it right to pour water on him.

So I hope your bloodthirst has been quenched, you mindless barbarians. You may say Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is “evil,†but then I ask, “Who is holding whom hostage and pouring water on his face?†No wonder the rest of the world looks at us and sees who the real terrorists are. This is what our torture has done to us. And I weep.

So what can we do to get information from those who supposedly want to kill us while not destroying our own humanity? Just because we think someone has some information we want doesn’t mean we have a right to tear into him like a three- year-old with a Christmas present. First, we should take a long look at ourselves. Second, we should examine whether we have any right to restrict their freedom in the first place. Third, more introspection. Finally, we use civilized means to get to the information: We ask. First we say, “Well, Mohammed, how are you? Can we get you a drink? Are the uncovered female guards offending you? Would you like us to do something about that?†Then we ask if he has any terror plots he’d like to tell us about. See, we relate to him, and instead of extracting the information, we get him to share it.

Now, some people may still not give up the information because they cling to some very valid grievances against us. In those situations, we may resort to pestering. We will ask the detainee to “please†give us the information. If he refuses, we are then allowed to ask him to “pretty please†give us the information. If that still doesn’t work, we can have a court review the situation and decide whether to allow us to ask him to “pretty please with sugar on top†give us the information. Any more questions than that would just be pointless annoyances, which is the same as torture and thus demeans us as a nation.

If there is a ticking time bomb situation (which is pretty much just TV fiction, anyway), then there is one more extreme measure to use. We will withhold the things terrorists desire the most: hugs. Terrorists feel they have been oppressed by all of society (especially the Jew part of society) throughout their lives and thus are always in dire need of hugs. But if lives are at stake (and only if), we may withhold those hugs until information is given.

On second thought, that’s inhuman. They are just all in such need of hugs!

Anyway, this is how civilized people behave. We are nothing but worthless, stupid savages if we support roughness against those we label as “evil†just because they blew up our citizens for what we consider to be unjust reasons. Thus I applaud President Obama for ending our mean treatment of detainees, but I also urge him to really show the world America has turned a new leaf. We must give the rest of the world what it demands to show we are ready to join the civilized. Thus, all of the Bush administration and every CIA agent must be arrested and publicly beaten for their extreme evil.

Never again should we turn to torture no matter how we are tempted. When once again innocent people are dying, our weaker and more brutal citizens will demand we use torture against the enemy to try and save them. But those of us with superior morals should not listen. I will not feel the need to harm a terrorist just because I see people dying. I’m not a psychopath. I can watch innocent people die and not bat an eye.

HughJass

Reaction score
So you won't mind if American soldiers get tortured then?

"We got more information out of a German general with a game of chess or Ping-Pong than they do today, with their torture," said Henry Kolm, 90, an MIT physicist who had been assigned to play chess in Germany with Hitler's deputy, Rudolf Hess..............

The interrogators had standards that remain a source of pride and honor.

"During the many interrogations, I never laid hands on anyone," said George Frenkel, 87, of Kensington. "We extracted information in a battle of the wits. I'm proud to say I never compromised my humanity."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 92_pf.html

The Gardener

Reaction score
Did you know in the aftermath of WW2, the US tried, convicted, and hung 8 Japanese servicemen for war crimes, for using waterboarding against American POWs?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01170.html

In 1983, Philipino dissidents won a civil case IN US COURT against the Ferdinand Marcos estate for $766M, claming that they were subjected to waterboarding?

Soooo... what changed here?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:

I think one important factor is the advent of a new, irrational, implacable, fanatical enemy. One that will respond only to extreme measures like waterboarding.

kilgore

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Did you know in the aftermath of WW2, the US tried, convicted, and hung 8 Japanese servicemen for war crimes, for using waterboarding against American POWs?

No you idiot.

The US did not try a single Japanese for waterboarding. This is simply a falsehood peddled by a law professor writing for WaPo and repeated by a hapless, feckless John McCain. Seriously. Find a single indictment for this in the Class A, B, or C war crimes indictments by any of the Allied Powers. This statement is just nonsense. What the Japanese were tried for was killing people via water torture which involves the forced ingestion of large quantities of water.

It's not the same thing you assclown.

Water cure is a form of water torture in which the victim is forced to drink large quantities of water in a short time, resulting in gastric distension, water intoxication, and possibly death.

Often the victim has the mouth forced or wedged open, the nose closed with pincers and a funnel or strip of cloth forced down the throat. The victim has to drink all the water (or other liquids such as bile or urine) poured into the funnel to avoid drowning. The stomach fills until near bursting, and is sometimes beaten until the victim vomits and the torture begins again.

Terror of drowning
Waterboarding refers to a technique involving water poured over the face or head of the subject, in order to evoke the instinctive fear of drowning.Often,a wet cloth is placed in the subjects mouth,giving them the impression that they are drowning.

The US didn’t sentence anyone to anything for waterboarding because no one was accused of doing so.

If you insist on beclowning yourself please provide the names and cite the indictment counts of the Japanese soldiers that were allegedly executed for waterboarding. This should be pretty easy to do after all there are actual books out there on the Class C war crimes trials in the Far East. They have the indictments and everything.

And no sorry, a WaPo article by a lefty professor with an agenda does not qualify as a factual source.

Read a history book sometime.... That way you won't sound so idiotic when you come here.

The Gardener

Reaction score
kilgore said:
No you idiot.
kilgore said:
The US did not try a single Japanese for waterboarding.
kilgore said:
Oooh, looks like someone is getting pi ssed off!

Sorry but increasing use of profanities does not help the credibility of one's arguments, and usually is a sign indicating an awareness of a loss of a debate.

The US DID try Japanese POWs for waterboarding. Waterboarding, defined as "simulated drowning". The American POWs were not killed. They were waterboarded, just as we are doing now to our "detainees". Link below has the summary. John McCain's statement was ABSOLUTELY correct:

"in 1947, the United States charged a Japanese officer, Yukio Asano, with war crimes for carrying out another form of waterboarding on a U.S. civilian. The subject was strapped on a stretcher that was tilted so that his feet were in the air and head near the floor, and small amounts of water were poured over his face, leaving him gasping for air until he agreed to talk."
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2009/04 ... rican-pows

Oh, and you bring up the point that Japanese torturers engaged in waterboarding practices that bordered on death... implying that the American waterboarders did not? WRONG:

“Most seriously, for reasons of physical fatigue of psychological resignation, the subject may simply give up, allowing excessive filling of the airways and loss of consciousness,†Bradbury wrote. “An unresponsive subject should be righted immediately, and the integrator should deliver a sub-xyphoid thrust to expel the water. If this fails to restore normal breathing, aggressive medical intervention is required….’â€

The memo says CIA doctors were on hand with necessary equipment to perform a tracheotomy if necessary during waterboarding sessions: “[W]e are informed that the necessary emergency medical equipment is always present—although not visible to the detainee—during any application of the waterboard.â€
"US interrogators may have killed dozens"
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/06/ ... group-say/

Bryan said:
I think one important factor is the advent of a new, irrational, implacable, fanatical enemy.
And the Japanese Imperial Army was not? If that is the case, would you advocate the US resorting to "asymetrical", "terrorist-style" warfare because our enemies are engaging in the same?

Frankly, if situations force us to resort to this, then I question whether or not we are on the "right side of history", so to speak. For people to engage in such grievous conduct against us makes me wonder what the stimulus was that caused us to be the target of such hatred?

Generally speaking, when a national entity is on the "morally correct" side of an issue, throughout history, they AREN'T the side that is needing to resort to questionable tactics such as this.

I'VE actually got a whole nother take on your response, Kilgore. You seem like the type who believes in the "clash of civilizations"... the type who really couldn't care whether or not global stability is maintained... you care more about your fear of "those Muslims". You have a paranoid fear that they are out to take over the world. In your heart of hearts, you would love for them to give the US some sort of rationale that we could use to "nuke 'em all" and rid the world of this menace.

Hate to spread the word to you, but the US, nor the entire combined armed might of the Western world has neither the manpower, the riches, nor the might to forcibly use military power to force everyone in the world to act like we want them to act, or think like we want them to think.

This means, by logical deduction, that we are in a position where we need to learn to get along with each other. This means we need to re-learn the art of diplomacy, an art long lost during the Bush regime. Military action is EXTREMELY expensive, and diplomacy is free.

I'm not sure where your anger stems from... you are obviously very angry, as evidenced by your quick resort to profanities. Maybe you lost a relative in overseas action, maybe you lost a loved one in 9/11... if so, I ask, do you really want a world full of continuing retribution after retribution, a spiral of violence? Or do you want a world that strives for some semblance of stability. A world where the US doesn't have to impoverish its peoples in order to remain "king of the mountain".

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Bryan said:
I think one important factor is the advent of a new, irrational, implacable, fanatical enemy.
And the Japanese Imperial Army was not? If that is the case, would you advocate the US resorting to "asymetrical", "terrorist-style" warfare because our enemies are engaging in the same?

The Japanese Imperial Army was similar but not the same. They were fanatical however they were part of an identifiable government. They did not have cells of Japanese Americans ready to carry out attacks on American soil once the command was uttered. And eventually they surrendered and order was restored on a global level at least temporarily.

Our methods of investigation or interrogation may be similar or even the same as the terrorists, but that makes no difference. I never understood the argument: "But we're doing the same thing they are, so aren't we the same?" The answer is no. Simply because our reasons for employing these tactics are fundamentally different. They attempt to justify their actions with beliefs and religion. Our justification is the preservation of human life. People act as if we're attacking them unprovoked. It's really laughable. I understand that it's a popular idea to try and see all sides of an argument and that's fine. The problem is that people like you never concede, you're so hell bent on the idea of being progressive enough to try and "understand" the reasons for why the terrorists hate us that you forget that they hate us. All the while you find yourself attempting to find fault in how we deal with them and lose sight of the fact that they do not need provocation to carry out their actions.

People always ask, "When does it stop?" The slippery slope argument is their most powerful tool. They idiotically decide to make assumptions that we'll bring these tactics home and use them here on the common citizen in order to obtain confessions in a twist of medieval extremes. There is an answer to the above question however. Going back to the Japanese. It stops when they surrender. We're not still bombing Japan are we? Once people cease to kill others without provocation we'll stop defending ourselves against such. And hopefully then we can stop defending ourselves against those who vocally chastise us for defending ourselves. Bryan is correct, this is a new enemy and must be dealt with as such.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
The Gardener said:

I think one important factor is the advent of a new, irrational, implacable, fanatical enemy. One that will respond only to extreme measures like waterboarding.

you really believe that?

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
If you allow your govt to go to these extreme measures you are opening a can of worms. Just a few weeks ago the DHS sent out a report stating people with my beliefs and my recent actions on firearm purchases define me as a 'terrorist'

theres a fine line between liberty and tyranny be careful

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
The Gardener said:

Perhaps so, let's just hope however the Democrats behave better than their predecessors.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
All I know is, if someone came at me with the intent of waterboarding me, I'd sing like a canary!! :)

As to the OP:

The author of that piece against torture said this in his final remarks:

Never again should we turn to torture no matter how we are tempted. When once again innocent people are dying, our weaker and more brutal citizens will demand we use torture against the enemy to try and save them. But those of us with superior morals should not listen. I will not feel the need to harm a terrorist just because I see people dying. I’m not a psychopath. I can watch innocent people die and not bat an eye.

WTF!! :shock:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's simple.
America does not torture.
We did, we made a huge mistake, and it should never happen again. Period.
You do not adopt your enemy's morals.

"All I know is, if someone came at me with the intent of waterboarding me, I'd sing like a canary!!"

They do, and apparently, they just make sh*t up.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
It's simple.

"All I know is, if someone came at me with the intent of waterboarding me, I'd sing like a canary!!"

Its funny how everytime someone in ffice breaks the law 9national or international law) we just turn a blind eye and forget about it

its bullshit if you ask me

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dblbass128 said:
ClayShaw said:
It's simple.

Its funny how everytime someone in ffice breaks the law 9national or international law) we just turn a blind eye and forget about it

I agree, its scary.
I'll admit, I'm a lot less worried about the breaking of international law than I am American law.
Bush's warrantless wiretapping is, in my opinion, the worst thing to happen in America in a very long time.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Dblbass128 said:
ClayShaw said:
It's simple.

I agree, its scary.
I'll admit, I'm a lot less worried about the breaking of international law than I am American law.
Bush's warrantless wiretapping is, in my opinion, the worst thing to happen in America in a very long time.

Indeed the military commissions act or the suspension of Posse Commitattus gets me

The Gardener

Reaction score
To be honest with you all, my fear of allowing the govt to torture is not so much related to some international standard of human rights. My TRUE fear is that once a torture infrastructure is put in place within a regime, it will increasingly be used against domestic citizens. This troubles me, when paired with the Patriot Act, which allows the government to detain US citizens with NO legal recourse, no legal "spotlight" allowed, to ensure that abuse of this infrastructure is not being committed.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kilgore said:
The Gardener said:

No you idiot.

The US did not try a single Japanese for waterboarding. This is simply a falsehood peddled by a law professor writing for WaPo and repeated by a hapless, feckless John McCain. Seriously. Find a single indictment for this in the Class A, B, or C war crimes indictments by any of the Allied Powers. This statement is just nonsense. What the Japanese were tried for was killing people via water torture which involves the forced ingestion of large quantities of water.

Water cure is a form of water torture in which the victim is forced to drink large quantities of water in a short time, resulting in gastric distension, water intoxication, and possibly death.

Often the victim has the mouth forced or wedged open, the nose closed with pincers and a funnel or strip of cloth forced down the throat. The victim has to drink all the water (or other liquids such as bile or urine) poured into the funnel to avoid drowning. The stomach fills until near bursting, and is sometimes beaten until the victim vomits and the torture begins again.

[quote:3a4eneku]
Terror of drowning
Waterboarding refers to a technique involving water poured over the face or head of the subject, in order to evoke the instinctive fear of drowning.Often,a wet cloth is placed in the subjects mouth,giving them the impression that they are drowning.

The US didn’t sentence anyone to anything for waterboarding because no one was accused of doing so.

If you insist on beclowning yourself please provide the names and cite the indictment counts of the Japanese soldiers that were allegedly executed for waterboarding. This should be pretty easy to do after all there are actual books out there on the Class C war crimes trials in the Far East. They have the indictments and everything.

And no sorry, a WaPo article by a lefty professor with an agenda does not qualify as a factual source.

Read a history book sometime.... That way you won't sound so idiotic when you come here.[/quote:3a4eneku]

Wow... Ok, wasn't going to respond, but then I read the "assclown", and "idiot", and all that.
Nice. Good arguments.
This is the kind of guy that is ok with the bush administrations wiretapping without a warrant, to which the response is, "Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither".
McCain, is in my opinion, more of an authority on torture than Kilgore. What with being in a prison camp for years and all.
America does not torture because we are better than that. Its actually pretty simple.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Bryan said:
And the Japanese Imperial Army was not?

As I was typing that response, I was wondering if anybody was going to cite the Japanese Army in that regard! :) As PersonGuy said, the Japanese were pretty fanatical in their war-making, too, but at least they were (mostly) rational people; at least, compared to some of the really far-out Muslim fanatics who seem to be beyond rationality.

The Gardener said:
If that is the case, would you advocate the US resorting to "asymetrical", "terrorist-style" warfare because our enemies are engaging in the same?

No. But on a closely related issue, do I think we should resort to something like waterboarding a captured terrorist, if we have good reason to think that (for example) he knows the location of a "ticking" nuclear bomb that's been hidden somewhere in a large American city? Probably. I think every reasonable person, every reasonable American, can think of such scenarios where waterboarding might be justified. To our horror, such terrifying scenarios as the one above are starting to seem more and more possible.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Bryan said:
do I think we should resort to something like waterboarding a captured terrorist, if we have good reason to think that (for example) he knows the location of a "ticking" nuclear bomb that's been hidden somewhere in a large American city? Probably. I think every reasonable person, every reasonable American, can think of such scenarios where waterboarding might be justified. To our horror, such terrifying scenarios as the one above are starting to seem more and more possible.

Let's go back to the John McCain scenario. John McCain is on record saying that we should not torture because its immoral and it doesn't work.

I heard last week, on a conservative radio talk show, the host absolutely HOWLING about how much of a hypocrite John McCain is. This host was saying "how could John McCain say that torture isn't effective when even John McCain HIMSELF admitted that the torture 'broke' him?"

A caller gave about the best rebuttal to this that there is. The caller reminded the host that after John McCain was "broken" by the use of torture, what did he do? He wrote letters, and taped Vietnamese television sessions in which he admitted that he thought the US was an immoral and imperial power, and that the US cause in Vietnam was unjust.

John McCain doesn't really believe that. He didn't give the Vietnamese any "true" testimony. He gave them a bunch of BS in order to protect him from further pain!

What exactly does "torture" do? Does it illicit truth from a captive, or, does it merely give him an incentive to admit claims that are total BS?

Lets say there was a ticking nuclear bomb planted in the Lincoln Memorial. You find a "terrorist" and torture him. What's the terrorist gonna say? Is he going to say the truth? Or is he going to say whatever he thinks you want to hear, whether it be true or not, in order to end the torture? And even if he knows the truth, he could easily fashion a story that is NOT true, but is something he knows that you'll believe, with the intent of throwing you off track completely.

Sorry, but even in the "ticking time bomb" scenario, it doesn't work. The movie "The Usual Suspects" was released in Arabic countries too (wow, you KNOW Keiser Soze?!?)... and besides, the concept of BS'ing an interrogator is probably not a solely Western phenomenon.

kilgore

Reaction score
Quit being a such a dishonest debater and a whiny little b**ch at that too, gardener. I simply called you out on your lies and then you answer with a total non sequitur. I really thought someone who likes to proclaim himself as a "master debater" would not exhibit such a pitiful performance.

Now let me explain to you, how to debate on the facts:

You made a claim:
The Gardener said:

Now I told you that if this claim is true as YOU SAY then you should be able substantiate it. These are trials that actually happened you know and there is a factual record of them. Provide the names and the indictment counts of these 8 Japanese servicemen that the US "tried, convicted and hanged for waterboarding". Cite an appropriate governmental archive such as the Truman Library. No links from far left activist sites such as HuffPo or MotherJones. I am not interested in reading some tripe from HuffPo. This should be no problem for someone of your "superb debating skills" and "powerful intellect".

The Gardener said:
The US DID try Japanese POWs for waterboarding. Waterboarding, defined as "simulated drowning". The American POWs were not killed. They were waterboarded, just as we are doing now to our "detainees"

Prove it. Cite the indictment count from the International Military Tribunal for the Far East from a suitable non biased governmental archive such as the Truman Library

By the way, someone of your "high intellectual caliber" should know that neither YOU nor a lefty lawyer with an agenda get to define waterboarding ex post facto, the tribunal does.

The Gardener said:
Link below has the summary.

The link you post is from MotherJones: a far left activist site which in turn links to HuffPo and the HuffPo piece links back to your original WaPo article from your lefty lawyer. So in addition to it being a BIASED source it is not even ANOTHER source as it links back to your original. If this was for a high school paper you would get an F.

"in 1947, the United States charged a Japanese officer, Yukio Asano, with war crimes for carrying out another form of waterboarding on a U.S. civilian. The subject was strapped on a stretcher that was tilted so that his feet were in the air and head near the floor, and small amounts of water were poured over his face, leaving him gasping for air until he agreed to talk."

Wow at least you provided a name here.
Is this one of the alleged 8 Japanese servicemen that YOU claim the "US tried, convicted, and hung for waterboarding", huh?

I am sorry to inform you that it is not true. This guy was not executed but sentenced to 15 years hard labor for the following charges: "beating using hands, fists, club; kicking; water torture; burning using cigarettes; strapping on a stretcher head downward." Link

Again I repeat myself the Japanese water torture involves the forced ingestion of large quantities of water into the lungs and stomach until the victim loses consciousness followed by the torturer jumping on the abdomen or beating it with fists or a club in order to force the water out and repeat the process. This is not waterboarding by any stretch of the imagination.

I quote from the : International Military Tribunal for the Far East Judgment Chapter VIII

Water torture. The victim was bound or otherwise secured in a prone position; and water was forced through his mouth and nostrils into his lungs and stomach until he lost consciousness. Pressure was then applied, sometimes by jumping upon his abdomen to force the water out. The usual practice was to revive the victim and successively repeat the process.

Quit being a disingenuous troll.
Your malicious intent to draw a false equivalence between the Japanese water torture and waterboarding is offensive to people like me who have actually read the indictments. Co-opting the word torture to include waterboarding is an Orwellian perversion of the word that once had a meaning in an attempt to smear the past administration for your petty grievances. By doing so you demean people who have actually been tortured and are left with no word to describe the unspeakable atrocities they have suffered. Thinking people do not fall for your garbage.

You are an ignoramus and you thought that your rubbish would go unchallenged.
By the way notice that unlike yours all my quotes are from a reputable governmental archive.

Even if you succeeded in your Orwellian attempt to rewrite history and impute Asano with waterboarding and not with the Japanese water torture which is what he did, your argument will still fail because the charges ascribed to Asano include several forms of torture like beating with a club and burning with cigarettes which have always been recognized as torture.

So NO sorry, even by twisting history, it would not set a precedent. Awwwwww. Too bad.

And didn't you claim that the US EXECUTE 8 Japanese servicemen for waterboarding? Asano was sentenced to 15 years hard labor. Wasn't he HANGED for "waterboarding"?

I am still waiting for the names and the indictment counts of the alleged 8 Japanese that the US hanged for waterboarding from a suitable governmental archive such as the Truman Library
Come on gardener, don't make me wait.

The Gardener said:
Oh, and you bring up the point that Japanese torturers engaged in waterboarding practices that bordered on death... implying that the American waterboarders did not? WRONG:

"US interrogators may have killed dozens"
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/06/ ... group-say/

You forgot to write the rest of the title:
"US interrogators may have killed dozens, human rights researcher and rights group say"

In other words, far left activist says that US interrogators may have killed dozens. For real, who do you think you fool with this garbage? If you want to be taken seriously quit reading the Huffington Post and pick up a history book sometime.

The Gardener said:
I'VE actually got a whole nother take on your response, Kilgore. You seem like the type who believes in the "clash of civilizations"... the type who really couldn't care whether or not global stability is maintained... you care more about your fear of "those Muslims". You have a paranoid fear that they are out to take over the world. In your heart of hearts, you would love for them to give the US some sort of rationale that we could use to "nuke 'em all" and rid the world of this menace.

The insane ramblings of a severely emotionally disturbed man.
Seriously. Is this what passes for "superb debating skills" in your mind? Typical liberal projection. This is what leftists do when they cannot win an argument based on facts. They resort to ascribing the emotions that they themselves feel to their debating opponent in order to shift the focus of the debate. I don't care for this crap but since we are in the business of psychoanalyzing people, I strongly suspect based on the paranoid conspiracy theories that you have posted here many times in the past that you have the paranoid fear that the US is out to take over the world and install a -what is it your type call it?- oh yeah a "New World Order". 9/11 was an inside job, right? Tell us about how the US are the real terrorists gardener.