The story of how I reversed my hairloss

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWdude

Reaction score
I think it is about time that I add my story to the Hall Of Fame of success stories. I came to this site unsure of what to do about my hairloss, and each day I was in denial I was just losing more and more hair. I was going through this site quite a bit and reading about what works, and what doesn't work and I finally decided to start a Regimen of 1 MG of Propecia daily and Nizoral twice a week. After about the one month mark I picked up a kit of american crew shampoo/conditioner and I have been using it ever since as my main shampoo/conditioner when I am not using Nizoral. I've had a history of itchy/flaky scalp and just in a few days of starting propecia it was gone... and I said to myself "I hope this is a good sign". Mind you I have been suffering from scalp irritation for years and for it to suddenly go away I was incredibly happy! Just after a few weeks of my fight with male pattern baldness with propecia, I noticed a MASSIVE decline in shedding and the best part is I never had any side effects. I would say it took about a good 3 months to notice the awkward thining spot in the crown to start filling in. My hair was getting difuse and I began to notice it was starting to do the exact opposite the more that time goes by while I am on my regimen. Right now I'm just past the 6 months mark and what a difference... my hair is alive, I notice that the individual strands of hair are thicker and my hair can even stand up on its own now. I can look in the mirror now and notice a big difference and people that know I am battling my hairloss are making comments like "dude, your not even balding anymore". The denisty has improved and my hair is growing faster and longer. I understand that there is still TONS of room for improvement since I'm only roughly at the 6 months mark, but to see these kind of results in this time frame.... I am totally in awe. One thing that has become of all this is that I finally have peace of mind. I can go out now and not think about it.... I can go to sleep and not think about it... and I dont have to spend time infront of the mirror looking at my crown and hairline. Speaking of the hairline, it is indeed responding but not as fast as the crown. But it has infact thickened up significantly that it doesn't look bad in direct light. Overall density has improved and my hair has not been this healthy in a LONNNNG TIME. I can let my girlfriend play with my hair now and massage my head (not that head) lol and i'm not insecure about it anymore like I used to be. I am so hyped up about life in general because I know that I am beating male pattern baldness and its giving me back the confidence I once had before all of this happened. I go to bars, clubs etc and I get compliments like ohhh nice hair. I look forward to family functions and outings with my friends more than ever. I feel like a million bucks after I get out of the shower and style my hair, I can honestly say I have never felt so alive... Too fight hairloss and to actually begin to progress and to show improvements is a beautiful thing, I've learned so much through this battle and I believe it made me stronger.

Now here I am 6 months later into my regimen

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=19687

this is the thread for anyone who hasn't seen
the pics I posted. And there will be more pics to come as time goes by!

This website has been a great resource for me, it got me off on the right foot and because of it I am seeing the results that I have been anticipating.

To all my fellow HairLossTalk.com buddies, I just want to say that if there is a will there is a way and I strongly advise anyone on a regimen not to give up hope and to continue to think positive.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.