The Story Of BurningCoals 7 Words I Guess

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been here for some months, so I thought I'd might as well tell my story.

So I started balding HARD at around 16 years old. I looked back at some photos and it is f*****g astounding and chilling to see how fast my hair got destroyed by this plague.

Despite this, I did not want to believe it was in fact male pattern baldness, nor did I believe it to be possible. I had heard of people starting to go bald at 19-20, but 16? lol gtfo. I tried to shrug it off, thinking it to be "muh stress" or "muh vitamins". The hair then started to get even worse than the dreadful last pic, and by 17 the hair over my forehead looked like a barcode. At this point my mother at one point said "son your hair is not looking good lately. you need to see a doctor". So I did, and he said "yeah it's most likely balding, guess you could try vitamins or something tho idk". I kid you not, I still did not wanna believe it to be androgenic alopecia.

Then some months after that, a few weeks before I turned 18, we had picture day at school, under these stupid f*****g bright lights. I then saw the picture and HOLY f*** what they say about hair loss looking worse under bright lighting is no joke. When I saw that, it was almost as if something inside me just snapped, and I fell into a very depressed state of mind. The mere fact that I was experiencing something as aging-associated like f*****g balding before I had even graduated high school, and at a rapid pace as well, did not sit well with me at all. I felt like some freak or something.

I got on minoxidil soon after that incident, and nearly a year and a half into it it has actually done a fairly good job at maintaining (I'm 19 currently). But I know the results won't stay with minoxidil alone, so I will in the not-so-distant future have to look into getting on finasteride. If I don't respond to that or I develop brutal side effects... well idk what to do then.

I'll use this thread for potential updates and such if needed.

Last edited:

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any regrowth? Min is suposed to thicken or regrow some hair, not maintain it. But maybe you stabilize naturally.

Does your hair FEELS better? We always focus on temples and hairline, but baldness also destroy our hair quality. Having it back should also be considered a gain, even without much regrowth. I know that feeling of a once healthy bright hair turning into corn like hair.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any regrowth? Min is suposed to thicken or regrow some hair, not maintain it. But maybe you stabilize naturally.

Does your hair FEELS better? We always focus on temples and hairline, but baldness also destroy our hair quality. Having it back should also be considered a gain, even without much regrowth. I know that feeling of a once healthy bright hair turning into corn like hair.
I went through a small shed when I started the drug, and some months after when I felt through the scalp I could feel hair that was growing back, but it didn't make any cosmetic difference. I have lost some of the miniaturized hairs along my hairline that only grew for a few cm though.

Not really, I mean I have shorter hair now so it doesn't feel as stringy and thin as with longer hair, but it doesn't feel better, still have the corn like feel like you perfectly described. Sometimes when I wash my hair it feels like there is nothing there, which is a pretty damn uncomfortable feeling.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I hope you can eventually hop on finasteride and do well on it. You seem to be holding the line pretty well so far, and your hair looks nice the way you have it styled now. It sucks that you have been through this since your teens, I consider myself lucky since I took my hair for granted and never had to worry about it till I turned 20 and barbers always told me I would always have my dad's awesome hair since I was a kid.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I hope you can eventually hop on finasteride and do well on it. You seem to be holding the line pretty well so far, and your hair looks nice the way you have it styled now. It sucks that you have been through this since your teens, I consider myself lucky since I took my hair for granted and never had to worry about it till I turned 20 and barbers always told me I would always have my dad's awesome hair since I was a kid.
Thanks bro. Yeah I'm hoping for that as well, fingers crossed. I'm sort of amazed at how the hair loss has become stabilized through minoxidil, I always think "in x months I will have lost ground" but then x amount of months pass and it still looks the same. But like I said it won't last forever. Lol when I hear of people starting to lose hair at like 21-22 I almost feel envious (even though I sure af would not enjoy it) and wish it could have started then for me (not that I want it to start ever but you get the point). Oh well, there are people whom have legit started balding at 12 years old, I'm sure they feel envious of people like me.

Wish you luck on your journey as well, how's it been going with finasteride and growing out your hair since we last talked?

Last edited:

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish you luck on your journey as well, how's it been going with finasteride and growing out your hair since we last talked?

So far so good, I'll probably update my thread on Friday after I've been three weeks on 1 mg of finasteride thrice a week. Haven't noticed any difference when I exercise, if anything I'd say I feel stronger. I feel like the people who say they lost strenght or endurance after taking it are suffering from nocebo or freaking out, since the science doesn't support DHT being of much importance for your physique. It could be true that it may be a bit harder to lose weight and gain muscle on it since it can raise estrogen a bit and that tends to make you fatter.

My hair is starting to grow to a point where the thinning at the front isn't so noticeable anymore, I'll see if I can post some pics on Friday. Don't really see any clear patterns so far that couldn't be explained by angle or lighting, except for the thinning at the front that seems to point towards a NW2A/3A in the future.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, if this helps you become more comfortable with starting finasteride, I'm 18 and gonna get a script on Friday, I feel like taking finasteride is the only way to get hair loss off my mind.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I recently got a dermaroller, I have some miniaturized hairs in the NW1-2 area and I'm curious as to whether it will actually be possible to convert those to thicker terminal ones with microneedling.

Never thought I would be stabbing myself with needles to grow hair but here I am lol.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I recently got a dermaroller, I have some miniaturized hairs in the NW1-2 area and I'm curious as to whether it will actually be possible to convert those to thicker terminal ones with microneedling.

Never thought I would be stabbing myself with needles to grow hair but here I am lol.

Hope it works out for you, I've seen some impressive dermarolling/microneedling results on reddit. It seems worth it to me since doing it once a week doesn't take much time and it could be useful according to some studies. I hope I can get a dermapen in a couple months.