The Sinister Gray Menace Of Over Correction

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My over-analysing of every possible angle of a scenario would bore 90% of people if I was stupid enough to ever talk like that around them. There are plenty though who are similar to what you're describing (I consider 10% still "plenty) but probably less than that who got to the point of realising that it was leading to isolation, and had to actively do something about it.

You can mark me down as that as well I suppose, except it's an on-going battle rather than one big blowout of a "traumatic experience", more a realisation I've come to acknowledge nearly all of the time, but sometimes I still feel that isolation that it's difficult to find others who relate to you in this way and can understand your compulsion to keep going until the end of the line, in pursuit of what is correct.

It is definitely not universal however. People are definitely more analytical than we borderline OCD'ers would give them credit for, but in most cases not to the point where they overthink something from every possible angle and scenario.

That being said, indeed this forum may attract that type of person. I'm here, you're here, there's others.

But while I like the idea of the thread I don't really agree. I'm also not naming names, but a significant amount of the "red pillers" have brief and rather simplistic views. I think a decent amount of their posts are practically quoted from their sluthate meme folders.

I don't even mean "simplistic" as a dig, rather that the theories are straight forward, and there's not much to talk about or analyse. It is exactly how they see it, and that reality is unshakeable, anything that questions it is garbage and blue pilled. That's all.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've told the story before how I used to be quite delusional and prone to fantastical notions of how things worked. This created a great deal of problems for me in my youth, some of which still haunt me today.

Eventually I suffered a breakdown and had to rebuild my entire worldview from scratch. I got obsessed with logic and scientific skepticism and essentially turned into a mirror image of what I used to be.

However, this obsession with the "truth" has sent me deeper and deeper into an intensely probing and inquisitive mental state that is alien to others. For some reason I thought a more rational way of thinking would make others like me more, and alleviate my loneliness. But it hasn't. I'm still just as apart from society as I was before. Though admittedly a great deal more stable and financially successful.

Lately I've had several experiences with other people who seem to have done something similar. They've had a traumatic experience and over-corrected, turning their former problems into new ones.

In the context of this forum, I can't help but think of the red pill crew, many of whom seem to be former "white knights" who had a similar over-correction when they found girls are just as shallow as men and that all the huffpo articles about dating that they read were just bs.

Maybe this is something universal to humans, or at least the kind of messed-up freaks who would end up posting on a hair loss forum? Certainly, many here (this includes myself, I won't name names) would do well in considering whether the way they see things now is a result of drawing the wrong lessons from something in the past.

Give it some thought, as blackg would say.

A significant change I notice in you since your last sojourn here is that you're again strongly emphasizing the role of personality, whereas about one year ago you were discussing looks.

I don't know what motivated the change nor if it fits with the excessive self-aware autocorrection mentality discussed in your post.

blackg

Reaction score
I've told the story before how I used to be quite delusional and prone to fantastical notions of how things worked. This created a great deal of problems for me in my youth, some of which still haunt me today.

Eventually I suffered a breakdown and had to rebuild my entire worldview from scratch. I got obsessed with logic and scientific skepticism and essentially turned into a mirror image of what I used to be.

However, this obsession with the "truth" has sent me deeper and deeper into an intensely probing and inquisitive mental state that is alien to others. For some reason I thought a more rational way of thinking would make others like me more, and alleviate my loneliness. But it hasn't. I'm still just as apart from society as I was before. Though admittedly a great deal more stable and financially successful.

Lately I've had several experiences with other people who seem to have done something similar. They've had a traumatic experience and over-corrected, turning their former problems into new ones.

In the context of this forum, I can't help but think of the red pill crew, many of whom seem to be former "white knights" who had a similar over-correction when they found girls are just as shallow as men and that all the huffpo articles about dating that they read were just bs.

Maybe this is something universal to humans, or at least the kind of messed-up freaks who would end up posting on a hair loss forum? Certainly, many here (this includes myself, I won't name names) would do well in considering whether the way they see things now is a result of drawing the wrong lessons from something in the past.

Give it some thought, as blackg would say.
I agree with everything you say.

When interacting with society I always have to remind myself to try and not mind read what others are thinking.
Because the conclusions I come to are, of course, heavily biased by my own very self centered worldview.
My worldview is obviously determined by past experiences.
Some traumatic.

Last edited: