The significance of missing a minoxidil application?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Missing one minoxidil application will make absolutely no difference in the world. I miss multiple applications per month and have seen no difference.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
Missing one minoxidil application will make absolutely no difference in the world.

I believe he is talking about missing 1 application per week, out of 7 total...which I am advising against.

IBM

Reaction score
In fact I had a strange effect of hair getting stronger after one miss.

rcom440

Reaction score
Missing a couple applications a month is actually a good thing. It can improve minoxidil effectiveness.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Missing a couple applications a month is actually a good thing. It can improve minoxidil effectiveness.

Really? That is interesting, I've never heard that before. Care to cite any medical studies?

rcom440

Reaction score
timbo said:
rcom440 said:

Really? That is interesting, I've never heard that before. Care to cite any medical studies?

Don't have any medical evidence to give you but there are already some people who noticed it, some form different forums as well.
I skip one or 2 application of minoxidil.

Nene

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
timbo said:
rcom440 said:

Don't have any medical evidence to give you but there are already some people who noticed it, some form different forums as well.
I skip one or 2 application of minoxidil.

If nothing else it's good because it gives your scalp a little break from constant bombardment of alcohol, minoxidil and other chemicals. Missing an application once in a blue is no big deal.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
I went about a month off minoxidil and didnt notice any more hair loss...
i was living with a gf and she couldnt take the smell of the stuff
i am on propecia tho

i defintley did grow more hair when i back on it tho applying 2 to 3 times a day