The significance of missing a minoxidil application?

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just added minoxidil, I use it one a day, in the evening, around 0.75ml to the hairline like clockwork.

However, once a week I stay at my girlfriends, and naturally don't want to be applying minoxidil there.

What I try to do is, either apply if early in the morning of the night I stay over (e.g. 3-4am if I wake up to take a piss (Around 6 hours after application from night before) - Or apply it twice the following day.

Do you think this is going to have a significant negative effect in the long run?

Thanks.

beaner

Reaction score
It isn't going to make one bit of difference.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sweet as.

I suspected it wouldn't, but I'd seen several posters joke 'You miss a dose and that's it!'.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:

Beaner, very informative answer.

I actually disagree. First off, the recommended usage for minoxidil is 2x/day. Some people might see results in the crown area with a 1x/day application, but I don't think it's going to do anything for the hairline. Most people don't even see results in the hairline with a 2x/day application of minoxidil.

If you are going to stick with 1x/day and skip one night a week, I doubt you will be satisfied with your results. I don't mean to be a downer, just trying to be realistic. :)

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd say most of us 'miss' a dose lots of times, its way too difficult to be consistent with application of the liquid or foam.

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
first off i'd recommend you start using it twice a day....i doubt you'll see promising results with once a day.

as with missing it once a week, i dont think it should be that big a deal. After all whats better: using minoxidil 6 days a week or no days a week?

I probably miss 2-3 applications a month, and im still seeing improvement.

beaner

Reaction score
timbo said:
beaner said:

Beaner, very informative answer.

I actually disagree. First off, the recommended usage for minoxidil is 2x/day. Some people might see results in the crown area with a 1x/day application, but I don't think it's going to do anything for the hairline. Most people don't even see results in the hairline with a 2x/day application of minoxidil.

If you are going to stick with 1x/day and skip one night a week, I doubt you will be satisfied with your results. I don't mean to be a downer, just trying to be realistic. :)

Ok should I have said, "based on personal experience, missing one minoxidil application per week out of a once daily regimen did not make a difference in my personal results." ?

My answer was fine. You obviously have your own opinion.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Beaner is right. It's perfectly fine to occasionally miss a dose. Consistancy is key to long term results but let's not go too far.

I love it! Let's put this into perspective, shall we?

He is talking about using less than half of the recommended dose for a drug that has mediocre results. In addition, he's using it on the region of the scalp where it is least effective (the hairline). I am being very realistic.

6 applications instead of 14 per week, think about it.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well am I also using finasteride and spironolactone.....

I will try and use it twice a day. I was using it twice a day on weekends also anyway.

beaner

Reaction score
Fundi said:

I will try and use it twice a day. I was using it twice a day on weekends also anyway.

Once a day is fine, especially if you're using finasteride. I've been using minoxidil for 8 years, I know what I'm talking about even if Mr. Timbo disagrees. If you take a look around you will find stories of guys having success with once a day.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
Fundi said:

Once a day is fine, especially if you're using finasteride. I've been using minoxidil for 8 years, I know what I'm talking about even if Mr. Timbo disagrees. If you take a look around you will find stories of guys having success with once a day.

You seem to have some reading comprehension problems. He's applying it to his HAIRLINE. Most people don't see satisfying results on the hairline with a 2x/day application. You are just speculating. You have no idea how well minoxidil works on the hairline when used 1x/day, nobody does!

Telling someone "you're fine, it'll be o.k." isn't helping them, just setting them up for failure.

beaner

Reaction score
timbo said:
beaner said:
Fundi said:

You seem to have some reading comprehension problems. He's applying it to his HAIRLINE. Most people don't see satisfying results on the hairline with a 2x/day application. You are just speculating. You have no idea how well minoxidil works on the hairline when used 1x/day, nobody does!

Telling someone "you're fine, it'll be o.k." isn't helping them, just setting them up for failure.

Dude, take a valium and quit being a fukking douchebag--especially when I'm not "talking" to you. I already stated that I had success with once a day--and that includes the hairline. If you even bothered to do any research on old posts you will find others that have had success on their hairline with once a day applications. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems along with that attitude problem.

IBM

Reaction score
I'm diffuse thinning and i'm using 1ml/day. I'm satisfied with the results.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
Dude, take a valium and quit being a fukking douchebag--especially when I'm not "talking" to you. I already stated that I had success with once a day--and that includes the hairline. If you even bothered to do any research on old posts you will find others that have had success on their hairline with once a day applications. Apparently you have reading comprehension problems along with that attitude problem.

Well, I should have expected the full scale insult war seeing how your hiding behind a racially derogatory user-name. But let's get one thing straight, telling someone that missing one day a week "won't make one bit of difference" is reckless. If you want to disagree, that's fine. But you certainly don't have any evidence or science to back up your claim!

beaner

Reaction score
timbo said:
beaner said:

Well, I should have expected the full scale insult war seeing how your hiding behind a racially derogatory user-name. But let's get one thing straight, telling someone that missing one day a week "won't make one bit of difference" is reckless. If you want to disagree, that's fine. But you certainly don't have any evidence or science to back up your claim!

My username is in reference to marijuana joints which we called "beaners" in college and which was also my nickname. You're the first person who has mentioned that it was "racially derogatory".

You need a serious attitude adjustment or do you enjoy picking online fights for no reason?

Good luck to you in life. You seem like you need it.

Nene

Reaction score
Although I was personally not offended by beaner's name, I could see how it could be interpreted as a racial epithet. Google beaner and you'll see in what context it's usually used.