The sheddin' just don't stop, till all the hair's dropped.

ChiaPet

Reaction score
Oh man.... so I'm just finishing off month 10 of treatment on the Big 3 and ...well...I'm STILL shedding. I considered myself a Norwood 2 when starting treatments....and I have no idea what Norwood i'd be right now...hair is looking weird...

Reading those labels on the boxes saying "shedding in the first couple weeks is normal and just getting rid of weaker hairs, to prepare for new, stronger hairs to grow in" make me laugh... I've been taking pictures every 2-3 weeks and comparing them to older pictures. This is the conclusions I'm drawing...

Months 1-4 : Massive shed. Hair flying all over the place. Lost maybe 5% density, give or take. Initially, libido skyrocketed...amongst other things .... :eek:

Months 5-6: Shedding stopped. Saw some peach fuzz on the temples. Hair thickened up slightly towards the end of month 6. Crown completely filled in. Things were looking good. Libido stabalized.

Months 7-Present: Shedding roared again. Dropped below baseline. 3 months of constant shedding and it's now starting to slow down, but STILL shedding.

My libido is all over the place. I'll go through a week of absolutely no drive, followed by a couple days of wanted to hump every pair of t*tties that walk by. Don't really know what's up with that....maybe it's my diet.
I've been so busy in my final year of undergrad Elec Engineering that I haven't been eating or sleeping well.. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

I'm just wondering if this hair timeline sounds right on par with what 'should' happen..Also, have any of you gotten better results when approaching the 1 year mark?

Trying to get a bursary from my school to support my regimen
Now that's putting education to good use :lol:

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right.

Good on you for sticking through it.

Keep us updated. Things should look rosier by January, I'd say.

souldoctor

Reaction score
hi,

i think i'm just about getting to the same stage as you, although a month or two behind.. i.e i've been at this 7th or 8th month shedding period which you described for a month or so now and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at the moment....

the other poster said things should be better by january....i want decent hair for new years eve though!!! if things change for u in the next few weeks, just post it up here, i wouldnt mind some idea of what's gonna happen to me over the next month or so..!! cheers

SD