The Scenario...The Question?

samuel

Reaction score
I was on Propecia/minoxidil. for 3 yrs (2002-05). I began with begining stages of a receding hair line and a bit of thinning in the back. Six months ago I decided to stop. I had a healthy head of hair for a 35 yr old guy. About a month ago I started seeing some signs of thinning, so I decided to restart the treatment. My doctor concurred there had been signs of shedding within those 6 months.

So now Im back on and a month into the treatment again. My hair was alot longer 3 yrs ago, so shedding just seemed normal at the time, But now, it seems as if Im shedding alot (shower/Bed). Which I hear is good cuz it means im reacting to the drug. Question, how long and how much do most people normally shed (i know everyone differs, but a ballpark answer will suffice) and has anyone had any sucess or failure with restarting the treatment...based on prior success to restarting?

I still got hair but the shedding is become apparent to me esp. in the frontal area. Not sure if I can deal with much more. Please Advise. Thanks.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
A rather large and noticeable amount. I'm sorry, my friend. It's really tough, especially going on two major hairloss drugs.

Just ride it out. Give it 6 months, and you'll probably have what you once had.