The Role Of Estrogen In The Preservation And Regrowth Of Frontotemporal Hairline

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just oestrogel, tbh I’ve not experienced any severe sides. The only sides I’ve noticed so far are a reduced libido and sometimes I might get a headache after applying the gel.
Mmm estrogen will do that. You should keep an eyes on the headaches. Generally if a woman experiences these for a prolonged period on the pill or estrogen HRT she would be advised to cease medication. I myself wouldn’t use it because i know that the E2 gels are pretty powerful and don’t want to risk throwing off my hormonal balance even further. I’m gonna give 17-alpha in El Cranell a go I reckon (in conjunction with RU, Cetirizine and minoxidil).

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just oestrogel, tbh I’ve not experienced any severe sides. The only sides I’ve noticed so far are a reduced libido and sometimes I might get a headache after applying the gel.
yikes! I've never experenced headaches after applying the gel.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
yikes! I've never experenced headaches after applying the gel.
The worry is the increased risk of blood clotting with any sort of estrogenic medication. Heck, they even have warnings about such symptoms on therapeutic/natural medicines which are only plant derivatives. Why I say, watch those headaches. If they worsen, stop using it immediately.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
The worry is the increased risk of blood clotting with any sort of estrogenic medication. Heck, they even have warnings about such symptoms on therapeutic/natural medicines which are only plant derivatives. Why I say, watch those headaches. If they worsen, stop using it immediately.
the risk is much higher for smokers and obese people who take estrogen. I don't think its that risky, millions of women take birth control without getting blood clots. still its a possibility, headaches aren't a good sign.
Are you applying topical minoxidil everyday And the gel? maybe you're putting too much alcohol on your scalp.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the use of sometimes overstated the occurrence of the headaches, I’ve experienced maybe 3 since starting in early November, The headaches were mild lasting only minutes.

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting thread fellas.
Many thanks to @Georgie
So why not just applying estrogen topically then?

"Before treatment the average estrogen level of all patients with AA was 23.3 mum/24 hrs (individual data ranged from 9.4-45.6 mum/24 hrs) and was thus slightly elevated but still within the normal range. 3 and 6 months after treatment no significant differences of the urinary estrogen level were found between the controlled patients of the two groups and, similarly, no clinical side-effects of the estrogen application (gynecomasty etc.) were recorded. It seems, on the basis of this study, that a long-term topical treatment with estrogen does not involve considerable risks regarding side-effects on male adults, ..."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1213890

DavidsDome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's say we want to apply estrogen topically, what would be the preferred method?
I hear people talking about Oestrogel.
In my country this exists, but it's a way of delivering estrogen throughout the whole body of a woman.
I don't know which vehicle is being used but it must be something that delivers the substance through the skin systemically into the body.
This doesn't sound like something men would want to take, we need something to stay in the skin and follicle, not go all the way through.
@BetaBoy , do you use this type of oestrogel? Or do you have a gel that won't go systemically?
Maybe Alpicort would be the better way of getting it to the follicle? Sadly this isn't available in every country.
So do we need to turn to alibaba and make a vehicle ourselves, just like with RU for instance?
The Dex thing is also interesting but, as being said already, doesn't sound good long-term for the skin...

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let's say we want to apply estrogen topically, what would be the preferred method?
I hear people talking about Oestrogel.
In my country this exists, but it's a way of delivering estrogen throughout the whole body of a woman.
I don't know which vehicle is being used but it must be something that delivers the substance through the skin systemically into the body.
This doesn't sound like something men would want to take, we need something to stay in the skin and follicle, not go all the way through.
@BetaBoy , do you use this type of oestrogel? Or do you have a gel that won't go systemically?
Maybe Alpicort would be the better way of getting it to the follicle? Sadly this isn't available in every country.
So do we need to turn to alibaba and make a vehicle ourselves, just like with RU for instance?
The Dex thing is also interesting but, as being said already, doesn't sound good long-term for the skin...

Yes, I'm using Oestrogel® (0.06% 17β Oestradiol). The fact this product was designed for systemic absorption is less than ideal for the purposes we are hoping to use it for. Though I'm unsure what vehicle we could possibly Heisenberg to mitigate these unwanted effects. There certainly are hairloss products/formulations that have achieved the localised administering of otherwise harmful compounds when absorbed systemically; Eucapil® a topical NSAA employs a novel vehicle for the administering of Topilutamide; Hasson & Wong's topical Finasteride uses a lipsomal formulation to carry the active compound.

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
At school we refer to Therapeutic effect as the response of a treatment aimed at curing a disease and restoring the patient/subject back to health, if I'm not mistaken.

I meant to say is; at which dosage for which E is at a high enough concentration to have significant effects on the body? :p
this is different for everybody and probably depends some on metabolism rate too. some can greatly increase E levels with just 2mg but some require higher amounts. I think if you are young your hair will more likely respond better. The E will have a stronger effect if combined with reducing/blocking androgens.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info bro. Why did you switch from Diane 35 to estradiol given the former is more potent?
It was just a temporary thing. Diane is powerful but its said to be too powerful and increases chance of complications, like blood clots. as Dht police has stated, and also i too think the risks are exaggerated since many women use it for birth control and even then the risk is much higher for the women who smoke or are obese.
Also, I know it is stronger technically, but i do not know if ethynl E behaves the exact same way as Biological Estrogen. Like there are two estrogen receptors Alpha and Beta, I haven't found any info which is better for hair, and different types of estrogen can have different % binding preferences for one type of receptor over the other. and maybe they are both good for hair and with synergy to take both, i don't know. but I was taking diane 35 at the same time with 1.5mg estrogel just in case.
Also, I believe the diane really is very effective from what i've experienced. but I am afraid to take long term in case it wears out my receptors from being too strong, don't want to get dependent on it. recently gyno has developed more probably from the ethynlE. maybe bio E is just as effective if the dose is increased? Im going to try taking 4mg of buccal E now.

I will probably use diane occasionally sometimes to give me an extra boost every now and then. keep in mind though that Ethynil E does not show up on blood tests and the liver has to proccess it.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was just a temporary thing. Diane is powerful but its said to be too powerful and increases chance of complications, like blood clots. as Dht police has stated, and also i too think the risks are exaggerated since many women use it for birth control and even then the risk is much higher for the women who smoke or are obese.
Also, I know it is stronger technically, but i do not know if ethynl E behaves the exact same way as Biological Estrogen. Like there are two estrogen receptors Alpha and Beta, I haven't found any info which is better for hair, and different types of estrogen can have different % binding preferences for one type of receptor over the other. and maybe they are both good for hair and with synergy to take both, i don't know. but I was taking diane 35 at the same time with 1.5mg estrogel just in case.
Also, I believe the diane really is very effective from what i've experienced. but I am afraid to take long term in case it wears out my receptors from being too strong, don't want to get dependent on it. recently gyno has developed more probably from the ethynlE. maybe bio E is just as effective if the dose is increased? Im going to try taking 4mg of buccal E now.

I will probably use diane occasionally sometimes to give me an extra boost every now and then. keep in mind though that Ethynil E does not show up on blood tests and the liver has to proccess it.
1.5 mg estrogel is topical?