The Road To Scalp And Hair Recovery

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it depends how long you roll. When I stamp the first round there is no blood, but it comes after 15 or so minutes of stamping. I'm not using a roller though, but a stamp. I think a roller is faster.

I'm usually rolling for 10-15mins. Might need to try to apply even more pressure I guess.

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya, let me play Russian roulette with man tits and erectile dysfunction. P-A-S-S.

Last thing I want to do is pop a big pharma pill in my mouth when they can't tell me exactly why some people end up with embarrassing life-long side-effects causing them even more distress. Sounds fantastic.

That's like saying oh I'll never drive a car or fly because there is a tiny chance something bad might happen.
Even if you are in the small tiny percentage of people that do get side effects, you can just come off them, and then it's an even tinier percent that have problems after that.
Most people that get sides will probably have a predilection for ed anyway.
Or you could just carry on needling your head for the rest of your life, with no scientific reason to.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
That's like saying oh I'll never drive a car or fly because there is a tiny chance something bad might happen.
Even if you are in the small tiny percentage of people that do get side effects, you can just come off them, and then it's an even tinier percent that have problems after that.
Most people that get sides will probably have a predilection for ed anyway.
Or you could just carry on needling your head for the rest of your life, with no scientific reason to.

The literature is fully available online for everyone to see as to what effect dermarolling has on the scalp. It's pretty clear it creates a healthier environment and triggers neogenesis.

Fighting hair loss is a multi-pronged issue, but popping pills and demonizing DHT (the hormone that makes you a man) is an oversimplification and lazy attempt to circumvent the process. Which is why it doesn't help enough people, loses efficacy over time, and ruins the lives of others - the latter of which is not just some "tiny" percentage.

Until more reasons are known for the side-effects, it's just not worth the risk to me.

Last edited:

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you'll find its testosterone that makes you a man something that has been seen to actually increase in studies on people taking finasteride. Only a small amount of dht is required by the body, so seeing as finasteride only blocks up to 80%, that leaves plenty left for the rest of the body.
It has been scientifically proven that dht is the main cause and trigger for onset of male pattern baldness, so not addressing that issue seems counterproductive.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you'll find its testosterone that makes you a man something that has been seen to actually increase in studies on people taking finasteride. Only a small amount of dht is required by the body, so seeing as finasteride only blocks up to 80%, that leaves plenty left for the rest of the body.
It has been scientifically proven that dht is the main cause and trigger for onset of male pattern baldness, so not addressing that issue seems counterproductive.

That has NOT been proven.

What has been is that in balding men there are higher concentrations of things like DHT, prolactin, etc. The larger question is why? That is where the scalp environment comes into play. But obviously popping a pill and crossing your fingers is easier - oh wait AGAIN they still can't figure out why it works for some and not for others. Very confidence inspiring I must say.

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
All studies on finasteride show that the overwhelming majority of people who take it benefit from it both short term and long term. The majority of people you'll find on forums such as this are people who have not done well with it. On the hand there are thousands and thousands of others who have just taken finasteride had no side effects had positive results and just got on with their lives. Why would they come on here?

You'll find that almost all medications for any kind of illness are more effective for some more than others and have small risks of side effects, but that shouldn't mean people should be scared to take them.

I hope the dermo stuff is working for you and does prove effective, There was a study that proved dermo rolling plus rogaine was highly successful.

I just feel this forum is a breeding ground for paranoia and hear say.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
All studies on finasteride show that the overwhelming majority of people who take it benefit from it both short term and long term. The majority of people you'll find on forums such as this are people who have not done well with it. On the hand there are thousands and thousands of others who have just taken finasteride had no side effects had positive results and just got on with their lives. Why would they come on here?

You'll find that almost all medications for any kind of illness are more effective for some more than others and have small risks of side effects, but that shouldn't mean people should be scared to take them.

I hope the dermo stuff is working for you and does prove effective, There was a study that proved dermo rolling plus rogaine was highly successful.

I just feel this forum is a breeding ground for paranoia and hear say.

I agree that some of the internet can behave in paranoid fashion when it comes to health issues, but I'm simply speaking from experience. I've had a few run-ins with lazy son of b**ch gen prac's and doctors. It forced me to become my own healthcare advocate and to remain as informed as I possible can.

I take nothing at face value and I certainly am not willing to risk things like ED, fertility, and gyno on a pill that sometimes works. I don't consider those just a pesky side effect like a headache or nausea. You've been referring to the amount that have been helped compared to a minority who have experienced sides - but it's simply anecdotal at this point.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
So my scalp finally saw some speckles of blood last night after I rolled with the 1.5mm. That's a first. Not sure if it has anything to do with the cold water therapy I'm also employing on my scalp every night before bed.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Recently added topical taurine by itself and my hair noticeably thickened up. I then doubled down and added MSM and now my scalp is itching me like crazy today. It's been such a long time since that's happened. My hair also feels like complete crap.

Going to remove it from my topical immediately and go back to using MSM internally-only.

Last edited:

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that some of the internet can behave in paranoid fashion when it comes to health issues, but I'm simply speaking from experience. I've had a few run-ins with lazy son of b**ch gen prac's and doctors. It forced me to become my own healthcare advocate and to remain as informed as I possible can.

I take nothing at face value and I certainly am not willing to risk things like ED, fertility, and gyno on a pill that sometimes works. I don't consider those just a pesky side effect like a headache or nausea. You've been referring to the amount that have been helped compared to a minority who have experienced sides - but it's simply anecdotal at this point.

Dude what do you mean "sometimes works?" Long term studies including the latest 10 year finasteride study shows that at a minimum finasteride alone stops hair loss in about 90% of people.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Currently still dermarolling once a week with the 1.5mm. My scalp finally bleeds from it - say perhaps that's a good sign.

Also, the only thing I'm using topically is Aloe Vera gel (Lily of the Desert brand). It is amazing how many different minerals, amino acids, etc that it contains - many of which I've seen mentioned as a part of other peoples' topical regimens.

http://alternativa-za-vas.com/en/index.php/clanak/article/aloe-vera-composition

So far it's been the only thing that has consistently kept my hair looking fuller than it normally would. Not sure if it's due to the nature of it being a gel or if it's actually thickening up the hair. Sadly though my front area has receded quite a bit more over the last month or so ..... which depresses me.

Last edited:

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
If this aloe vera gel is doing anything - it's definitely vellus-related. I've got a ton of clearly visible vellus hairs growing in the previously receded temple areas.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sadly though my front area has receded quite a bit more over the last month or so ..... which depresses me.

Dude the aloe Vera gel does nothing.

Get on Ru asap. It's super safe compared to finasteride, as it's out of your system after two days.

Don't risk loosing your hair by not addressing androgens.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Officially quitting the Aloe Vera gel.

As it would turn out Aloe has estrogenic properties. I've lost at least a couple of centimeters on my temples (the left side taking quite a bit of damage) since I've started and it hasn't even been a month. Prior to that I was maintaining on just the TeaTree Oil & Rosemary hair shampoo/conditioner I was using.

I've decided to re-chart my course and start following methodologies outlined by Ray Peat and Danny Roddy. In order to battle prolactin/cortisol/estrogen/serotonin (which is believe to be root cause of hair loss) I will be using a variation of the follow:

- Topical caffeine/aspirin/niacinamide (I've located someone who already sells the mixture)
- Oral dosage of tyrosine

I'm debating adding in thyroid but will wait until I do my next hormone labs.

Last edited:

zarazakka

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're honestly wasting your time mate and you're already pretty far gone in hair loss terms... I tried a bunch of things like you before getting on finasteride/min and honestly you're wasting your time. I know you think 'it's Russian roulette' but just shave it off if you're not willing to go that route, you're wasting time and money on all this stuff you're using. You sound like someone that has his mind set and won't take it from people who have been there and done it though so, probably just wasted a minute of my life

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
You're honestly wasting your time mate and you're already pretty far gone in hair loss terms... I tried a bunch of things like you before getting on finasteride/min and honestly you're wasting your time. I know you think 'it's Russian roulette' but just shave it off if you're not willing to go that route, you're wasting time and money on all this stuff you're using. You sound like someone that has his mind set and won't take it from people who have been there and done it though so, probably just wasted a minute of my life

I think I've got my understanding of it narrowed down pretty well right now. If this doesn't work than I may consider an FUE.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
Haven't had much to report until now.

Polysorbate 80 has been a Godsend for me. I fully expect some one-size fits all shill to come in here and shout this stuff down, but I can't even begin to express how much better my hair/scalp quality are now - especially the diffused region up top. That area to me was the most embarrassing and made it such a pain in the *** to style every day.

Not anymore though. I'm about a month in and all I can say is I wish I had stumbled upon this stuff much sooner. Even the painful scalp acne on the back of my head is nowhere to be found. I'm not experiencing any regrowth at the moment, but this has silenced the shedding and diffused, whispy lifeless texture that used to be my hair. It's to the point where after I style it (which takes me half the time now) I can actually stand under the fog lighting in my bathroom and not be freaked out - especially in the area near my right temple.

Again - this has not regrown anything to this point, but I'm fine with that. For any of you diffused thinners, I highly suggest you get your hands on some. It's extremely cheap. Since it's an emulsifier and surfactant you must apply it with water. I typically wet my hair in the shower then massage the stuff in for 2-3 minutes, then leave it in for a couple more before shampooing it out.

I can't even imagine the nastiness that had accumulated in my scalp the last 10-12 years. I gave up chemical hair straighteners around 3-4 years ago, but have always relied on heavy doses of hair spray and other styling agents. Those along with the oily, excess sebum was not healthy. The first time I used P80, you should've seen the white foamy substance coming up out of my pores. There was an initial shed that almost scared me away from using it again, but I went back to it and it's been a serious improvement. I cannot say enough. I need to update this thread with pics soon.

Last edited:

Argan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Polysorbate 80 has been a Godsend for me. I fully expect some one-size fits all shill to come in here and shout this stuff down, but I can't even begin to express how much better my hair/scalp quality are now - especially the diffused region up top. That area to me was the most embarrassing and made it such a pain in the *** to style every day.

Not anymore though. I'm about a month in and all I can say is I wish I had stumbled upon this stuff much sooner. Even the painful scalp acne on the back of my head is nowhere to be found. I'm not experiencing any regrowth at the moment, but this has silenced the shedding and diffused, whispy lifeless texture that used to be my hair. It's to the point where after I style it (which takes me half the time now) I can actually stand under the fog lighting in my bathroom and not be freaked out - especially in the area near my right temple.

Again - this has not regrown anything to this point, but I'm fine with that. For any of you diffused thinners, I highly suggest you get your hands on some. It's extremely cheap. Since it's an emulsifier and surfactant you must apply it with water. I typically wet my hair in the shower then massage the stuff in for 2-3 minutes, then leave it in for a couple more before shampooing it out.

I can't even imagine the nastiness that had accumulated in my scalp the last 10-12 years. I gave up chemical hair straighteners around 3-4 years ago, but have always relied on heavy doses of hair spray and other styling agents. Those along with the oily, excess sebum was not healthy. The first time I used P80, you should've seen the white foamy substance coming up out of my pores. There was an initial shed that almost scared me away from using it again, but I went back to it and it's been a serious improvement. I cannot say enough. I need to update this thread with pics soon.
How has the last year gone? What are you using now and how are the results?

Chuck1989

Reaction score

Bump. Any news since this last post?