The Road To Recovery From Propecia Side Effects

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I would check back in here with my story on getting my life back together after getting side effects from Propecia, I hope it gives some guys some hope, as for me in the early days I was frantically searching for positive recovery stories but wasnt finding many.

I'm just at the year mark since I took finasteride for a very short period of time, less than a week was my usage, this is a true story, no bullshit. Basically my side effects were numbing of penis, loss of touch sensation (that was particularly distressing to me) that was the first, then came the rest, severe anxiety and depression not like anything I'd experienced, collapse of sex drive/libido, severe insomnia days without sleeping, bad curvature of penis to the left (i had a straight penis before touching finasteride) basically a total system crash.

The early months were hell and I became suicidal as all i was reading were horror stories and getting the sh*t scared out of me by guys telling me they've been suffering for years and that I was fucked, there's not much light in the Propecia side effect world, I basically was facing living years as half a man, something I could not accept, I almost took my life, doctors could not help me, doctors were useless in fact and I wasted a lot of money on them, please note I was a stable guy before this, doing well in personal life, I wasnt in great physical shape at the time but definitely not severely out of shape, my diet was pretty sh*t, life wasn't perfect but I was content but hairloss bothered me for some time and thats what brought me to take finasteride.

The turning point for me was finding a website called swole source and a regimen by a guy called cdsnuts, the site is awesome, theres no fear or negativity , I completely shut myself off from visiting any sites with horror stories, the mind is a big part of bouncing back, I knew if i stayed at my computer everyday wallowing in the misery I could not get better so I made the decision to cut off any negativity and go at cds method, I fully got on board with this since early summer and the last couple months my sides are fading, sensitivity much better, curvature much better, i feel very close to being back to my old self. The regimen is basically an initial juice feast, then paleo diet and t boosting herb rotation, exercise, weights, no fap, no alcohol, along with mindfulness techniques, thats a simplified version anyway.

Why im posting this is to tell guys who get severe sides DO NOT go near any other propecia side effect sites, you will only traumatise yourself, DO NOT f*****g listen to guys saying its irreversible and you cant get better, thats a weak approach and if you go down that road it's very hard to come back from, if you do get severe sides go straight to swole source follow what the guys are saying and you will eventually get better, it does take time but you will get your old self back.

I don't fully understand the science of what happened to me and honestly now I dont care, again I read so much on PFS in early stages but nobody really agrees on what causes it, the scientific community haven't cracked it and have published reports which offer differing opinions, it was all a complete headfuck to me, and for me parking trying to understand it and just focusing on bringing my body back to health has worked for me anyway, Im not 100% but feel very close.

Finally, I now look back on the past year and think how the f*** did that happen to me, I think the psychological scars from this whole episode will stick around for a while but they are fading and I know they will be gone in time. I see so many do well on it and never encounter a problem with finasteride, its crazy especially because I took it for a short period, I see guys saying they take it for years without issue, all i can say is good for them and I wish them well most don't seem to have a problem but after my experience I can say PFS is very real HOWEVER you can definitely get better from its effects, it just takes work. My days of treating hairloss with drugs or with anything are over, I couldn't possibly recommend it after my experience but for guys who are considering taking it I'd say get yourself in very good physical shape beforehand also if you are a worrier about health anxiety etc best to avoid it.

Thats it from me fellas, again if youre suffering from its effects dont listen to the horror, focus on positivity and hold onto the thought that you will come out of it a better stronger version of you.

g.i joey

Reaction score
How common are those kinds of side effects?

According to studies, persistent sides are less than 1%. Actual side effects that are only present when on the drugs can be seen anywhere between 2-5%

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much any man that isn't a virgin lol, wtf kind of retarded question is that?

Anyone who values sex and the ability to partake in it would freak the f*** out of they couldn't do that anymore

Studies were done by Merck, on a rather small amounts of people during a small amount of time.These are the results people keep in my mind and are saying again, and again, and again.

Why did Merck have added depression as side effect only in 2012 ? Why did a study come out in 2008 saying that ED can be persistent in some cases ? Propecia was approved back in 1997.

Average Joes talking about their sides to their local family doctors are not reported in those numbers you like to give, and Merck will not admit it anyway.

Only FDA may order an investigation.

Btw, on Wikipedia
"A meta-analysis and systematic review found that sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, and reduced ejaculate, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride"

3.4% to 15.8% ? What kind of range is this sh*t ? Seems perfectly legit

Huge safe drug here, all PFS cases are just hypochondriac neurotic

g.i joey

Reaction score
Studies were done by Merck, on a rather small amounts of people during a small amount of time.These are the results people keep in my mind and are saying again, and again, and again.

Why did Merck have added depression as side effect only in 2012 ? Why did a study come out in 2008 saying that ED can be persistent in some cases ? Propecia was approved back in 1997.

Average Joes talking about their sides to their local family doctors are not reported in those numbers you like to give, and Merck will not admit it anyway.

Only FDA may order an investigation.

Btw, on Wikipedia
"A meta-analysis and systematic review found that sexual dysfunction, including erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, and reduced ejaculate, may occur in 3.4 to 15.8% of men treated with finasteride or dutasteride"

3.4% to 15.8% ? What kind of range is this sh*t ? Seems perfectly legit

Huge safe drug here, all PFS cases are just hypochondriac neurotic

Idk what study to believe anymore to be honest.. i don't think it's the safest drug in the world, but I also think the danger of this "toxic poison" people pan it out to be is way overhyped. To be frank, for a drug that reduces a hormone by 70% it's quite mild in terms of side effects, if your side effects really bother you, just taper off t. If you have persistent sides follow protocols, there's ways out of this, idk why you're so mad about me using professionally done studies numbers.. I trust that over Wikipedia lol

Though I don't discredit people who get sides and even persistent sides are pretty believable in my opinion, I don't think any of the sides are permanent, rather persistent for an unknown amount of time at worst, besides the famous Titty syndrome

You're dealing with a delicate scenario when you correlate balding to depression and propecia to depression, which I believe can be caused by propecia imo also you should keep in mind about half or even the majority of users who go onto finasteride probably have some sort of existing depression when they report depression as a side effect of the drug. Imagine being depressed, being on the drug, getting side effects and then being depressed about the fact that you can't use the only viable option... that's a depressing scenario to me.

Anyways it's not as complicated as you think, all thensode effects people talk of are symptoms of raised estrogen, each and every one you read about correlates to an increase in estro.

MattyNJ1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that finasteride is an absolute risk, a calculated risk for me, that i took and came out of. I also agree they need to find a BETTER drug to fight male pattern baldness...

JohnD212

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jimmy...thank you for sharing your story. Your story actually finally made me join this site after almost a month of reading site after site trying to find some hope. I took my first dose on Oct. 20th and within an hour my entire head was burning including my face and chest. I was having hot flashes. They continued for the entire day. The next day, figuring maybe it was the first dose effect, I took another dose and again...burning and misery. I stopped. I'd sooner shave my head then deal with that. I'm finally going to go see a doctor just to get an understanding of what this drug did to my hormone levels. I just want my life back on track.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a shame of a drug...Mother of god...And the FDA "Big Pharma" what does it do? Nothing.

I was being totally sarcastic in the post you disliked you know, i hate this drug and i feel like a sh*t every time i take this