The Reason Why Setipiprant Failed In Trials

AllerganSaveUs

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that tretinoin works even without minoxidil, I am wrong ?

At really lower doses, fevipiprant was more effective, much more, than Setipiprant in Asthma . For me, is like comparing something even weaker than saw palmeto to dutasteride.

Lets put this for example, We know that DHT cause hair loss, what about a drug that will only inhibit 30 % of the systemic DHT ( compare to 70 % finasteride, almost 100 % of dutasteride ) it should work ? For me, setipiprant have to be see it in this way.

Hi James,

I think you are right, but I am not sure. It seems the PTGDS angle is still alive, but I wonder if any company will pursue it. Maybe inhibiting PTGDS is too unsafe. Or hard to do. I don't know. Here is the quote from a 2/2019 study for those that have not seen it yet "It has been suggested that inhibitors of PTGDR2 may reverse hair growth through inhibition by PGD2 activity[6]. A multicenter, randomized, double -blind, placebo -controlled, Phase 2A study of setipiprant (oral PTGD2 receptor antagonist) 500 mg tablets BID in Androgenetic Alopecia is being performed (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02781311). It is interesting that this receptor is not overexpressed in our patients. Perhaps research on treatment should focus on drugs that target PTGDS activity and not PTGDR2."

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tm30089 is better and cheaper than setipiprant. But we need a reliable source ,kane and other chinesse source dont sell pure product always.Its a lottery
The role is CRTH2 antagonist as tm ,PEG2 and wnt promote as way316606 .No need anything else

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi James,

I think you are right, but I am not sure. It seems the PTGDS angle is still alive, but I wonder if any company will pursue it. Maybe inhibiting PTGDS is too unsafe. Or hard to do. I don't know. Here is the quote from a 2/2019 study for those that have not seen it yet "It has been suggested that inhibitors of PTGDR2 may reverse hair growth through inhibition by PGD2 activity[6]. A multicenter, randomized, double -blind, placebo -controlled, Phase 2A study of setipiprant (oral PTGD2 receptor antagonist) 500 mg tablets BID in Androgenetic Alopecia is being performed (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02781311). It is interesting that this receptor is not overexpressed in our patients. Perhaps research on treatment should focus on drugs that target PTGDS activity and not PTGDR2."

Retinal (not Retinol) also inhibits PTGDS and would be much milder on the skin compared to tretinoin. However no one is going to do commercial research on this as it is not patentable.

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You would have to drop dutasteride for a lot longer than a couple weeks.

As for the OP, I agree that the Seti test didn’t kill the theory for me. I always knew Seti would at best maintain and guess what? The subjects that used Seti maintained. It’s just a shame they didn’t use a finasteride group for comparison.

I have used OC topically with succes. Although it’s expensive as hell and kills my sleep quality. Btw not getting sleep with kill your testosterone levels and can contribute to ed.

I would be very nervous taking something from Kane orally but I’ll look into TM again.

What's OC?

Screeech

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The role is CRTH2 antagonist as tm ,PEG2 and wnt promote as way316606 .No need anything else

Any chance you could attempt to articulate this once again in the English language?

Seriously. I am trying to work out the treatments you are listing.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tm30089 is better and cheaper than setipiprant. But we need a reliable source ,kane and other chinesse source dont sell pure product always.Its a lottery
i am Chainese.where can i get tm?Thank you

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't say it completely failed, just was overestimated.
The same for other potential fibrosis prevention remedies:
OC000459, AZD1981/Timapiprant, Ramatroban/3405, TM30089, MK-8318

Setipiprant is a pgd2 receptor antagonist, ie fibrosis prevention stuff. It's able to prevent, but not to revert fibrosis.
According to DWAT hypothesis, androgens can provike lypolysis and fibrosis in the dermal adipose tissue. Prevention is good, but could be not enough, if you already baldy. Seti effect could be similar to finasteride, but without hormonal sides.

To cure balding you need to include fibrosis reversion stuff!

See more in the thread "DWAT: Dermal White Adipose Tissue Hypothesis":

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how 10mg orally could do anything for your hair. I do think potent PGD2 inhibitors can help some people.

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What be nice to know from the researches:

How Seti/Fevi or another pgd2-resceptor-based inflammation antagonist affect dermal adipose tissue status (thickness changes? fibrosis changes?). If there is no dramatic changes, hard to expect any results. Maybe we need to tweak regimen or so. Have anyone came across something like this?

balda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would like to talk to anyone experiences the same gains:

If i get it right, it's a pretty typical pattern for Seti users. Is it from Seti or something else?
Anyway, in my opinion, there is a VERY good sign there: same time "regrowth" across all the bald area. That's how i expect the real cure would work. Why? Because if you fix dermal adipose tissue issues, the hair should sprout everywhere, not matter for how long specific area has been bald.

Something is missed in that treatment. Will write more thoughts about in the "dwat" thread.