The Power Of The Mind With Propecia

amac40

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last year I decided to quit finasteride, I stupidly thought that minoxidil would be enough to maintain my thinning front. After a year my hair has been thinning massively so I went back on it again. I'd always been scared of sides, towards the end of my last stint with finasteride I got massive ball ache and felt that 'disconnection' between my brain and downstairs.

However, after only taking three or four tablets this time around, I'm feeling the same sort of thing which tells me that this whole thing is in my mind. No way can three or four tablets have this sort of effect so therefore it must be my mind.

I actually find it quite funny how your body can bring out these psychosomatic symptoms. Would your advice just be to plough through it and forget about it?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last year I decided to quit finasteride, I stupidly thought that minoxidil would be enough to maintain my thinning front. After a year my hair has been thinning massively so I went back on it again. I'd always been scared of sides, towards the end of my last stint with finasteride I got massive ball ache and felt that 'disconnection' between my brain and downstairs.

However, after only taking three or four tablets this time around, I'm feeling the same sort of thing which tells me that this whole thing is in my mind. No way can three or four tablets have this sort of effect so therefore it must be my mind.

I actually find it quite funny how your body can bring out these psychosomatic symptoms. Would your advice just be to plough through it and forget about it?

A single tablet is enough to reduce your DHT by ~70%.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
wow that's an eye-opener and enough to cause sides too I'm guessing?

It's not well understood exactly how finasteride sides happen.

If it's due to DHT reduction in the blood, then yes, a single pill will give you sides for 1 or 2 weeks.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL I wonder what OP what think of me when I tell you I get brain fog and fatigue within 1 hour after taking 0.2 mg finasteride.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is reduced by 71% after 24 weeks of usage.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/au/2012/530121/

No.

2637.jpg

A single pill does the trick. Subsequent pills are to maintain the DHT inhibition.

Zulu89

My Regimen
Reaction score
No.

2637.jpg

A single pill does the trick. Subsequent pills are to maintain the DHT inhibition.
The difference between 1.5/5 mg dosages does not look that significant. No? As going above 1 mg is known to cause severe side effects from anecdotal reports. Could you elaborate please..

Zulu89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, the chemical inhibition of 5ARs shows to have an impact on neural functions; mood, stress, anxiety, depression that subsequently affect sexual function. Perhaps maintaining a healthy level of the mind alongside the treatment through non-chemical means such as Yoga practice, spirituality, and healthy mindset may mitigate those undesirable effects.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The difference between 1.5/5 mg dosages does not look that significant. No? As going above 1 mg is known to cause severe side effects from anecdotal reports. Could you elaborate please..
Higher doses of finasteride have no effect on hair loss, that particular pathway saturates.

In Japan the standard dose is 0.2 mg/day, and it's been shown to yield indistinguishable hair growth.