The perfect copper-peptide regimen

Cassin

Reaction score
At least I think so anyway. :)

In my opinion, based on the theory of "mixing things up" the best copper-peptide regimen would be to rotate bottles of Tricomin and Folligen.

When one bottle is done, lay off copper-peptides for a few weeks and order the other. Repeat. This would give you a nice range of copper-peptides covering everything copper-peptide. This would only take 2 bottles a year to do (even though ALL the sites that sell it state it takes about 1 bottle per month which is nonesense. )

I would do this in a hearbeat with folligen if I didn't live with my girlfriend. I love her to death and we are very close, I even cut up my proscar in front of her with a razor blade and mirror :hairy: , but I am not ready for the "Honey, let me explain my green head and hairloss" conversation.

Damn I wish Dr Pickart would do something about the color.

What do you guys think? Anyone do this?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
I'm too new at this male pattern baldness war Cassin to go a few weeks without taking the "heavy" hitters IMHO. But what you said makes sense for guys at your stage Cassin.

I don't know about a few weeks, might be too long, but you're the better judge of that than me.

Btw, "lasts one month" is ridiculous. They last WAY longer.

Cassin

Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
I'm too new at this male pattern baldness war Cassin to go a few weeks without taking the "heavy" hitters IMHO. But what you said makes sense for guys at your stage Cassin.

Agreed, I only think folks on treatments a year + need to take breaks to give the scalp a breather.

Old Baldy said:
I don't know about a few weeks, might be too long, but you're the better judge of that than me.

Well, possibly. I am basing this off Dr Pickarts statements on "over healing the skin with copper-peptides."

Someone like me, who MUST use copper-peptides if they want to use Minoxidil would be able to tell very fast how long copper-peptides maintain scalp health. I am currently giving my scalp a break as we speak. I am curious to see how my sensitive scalp feels.

Old Baldy said:
Btw, "lasts one month" is ridiculous. They last WAY longer.

I cant fathom why all of these sites say that. I use a VERY generous amount of Copper-Peptides and I still make my bottles last a very long time.

wils said:
mmm Whats your opinion on A crew CP spray?

It is the weakest form, but it still kept my irritation at bay and that speaks to the strengh of Copper-Peptides even at lower levels of cencentration. I use to water my Folligen spray down 40/60 with distilled water and it was still very strong.

American Crew spray is a solid product.

Jacob

Reaction score
I wasn't ever going to post here again.... but I'm hoping maybe here there will be some serious discussion of liposomal SOD. Yep..that's my excuse for posting. Why not use liposomal SOD instead of SOD mimetics?

There's obviously the price issue..but I feel liposomal SOD is the way to go. I'm currently using Elsom Research's Glut/SOD combo. Smells like sulfer on fire(because of the glutathione) but maybe with their "Formulator" one could add SOD to their own combo.

(somebody distract Kevin)

Cassin

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Why not use liposomal SOD instead of SOD mimetics?
......... "Formulator" one could add SOD to their own combo.

Well imagine this, spotting you here. Most shocking!

Jacob, post away on this one, you have my attention.

EDIT: Hey when you get a chance please check your PM, I need an email address from you. :)

A

Administrator

Jacob -

Welcome back to the forums. No hard feelings.

Admin (Kevin)

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers for that.

Anyone road tested all 3 and can REVIEW and compare CP with folligen and tricomin?

cheers

Jacob

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin..same here. For now LOL..just kidding.

Cassin...every time I bring this up the threads die. Whenver I see discussions of cu peptides and even the latest Proctor product(not really sold for hairloss I guess) I wonder..why not just plain SOD?

Maybe it's slowly catching on. There's that minoxidil product that contains SOD- Nanogaine I think it's called. Not liposomal though but maybe it doesn't have to be. Alterna's topical(their previous version at least) seemed to contain both cu peptides as well as SOD.

I've asked Dr Pickart and the Tricomin folks about using SOD in place of cu peptides....they never said it wouldn't work. They just explained why they use what they use.

Cassin

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Cassin...every time I bring this up the threads die. Whenver I see discussions of cu peptides and even the latest Proctor product(not really sold for hairloss I guess) I wonder..why not just plain SOD?

It's a complicated subject Jacob, we barely even understand Copper-Peptides let alone what your stating. We need studies studies and more studies.

No don't roll your eyes Jacob............ :)

Jacob said:
I've asked Dr Pickart and the Tricomin folks about using SOD in place of cu peptides....they never said it wouldn't work. They just explained why they use what they use.

I am surprised Procyte even reponded to be honest!

Oh and thanks for your reply to my PM. I guess we are both in the same boat, I will try again.

Glad your here Jacob.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:

Probably the expense factor, I would imagine. Also, I wonder if the copper _might_ really also have an extra benefit for hair follicles other than just its role as a SOD. Pickart certainly implies that on his site.

Bryan

Jacob

Reaction score
Cassin...the Procyte response was well over 2 years ago. I may try again though just to see if I can get anything else out of them.

Have you noticed the "study" on SOD and UV mentioned on the cu peptide type sites.....they used liposomal SOD? It's been awhile since I've researched SOD(I just use it instead of thinking about it!) so maybe I'll look into it more. I wonder if in the beginning it was because of the high cost and the possible need for something like liposomes for it to be effective. Could be there were patent issues as well.

Bryan...that could be true about cu peptides working in other ways. LLLT increases SOD activity but the Lasercomb folks don't even mention it. I'm not sure the price is even an issue anymore though. It's not like such a product would be a hundred dollars more than say..Tricomin. I purchased a product called OxiCell- 2oz for $29.99. They had a higher potency one for $39.50. They contain liposomal SOD, glutathione..etc.

Alterna used lipo SOD..and I think Nioxin uses it too.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
... In my opinion, based on the theory of "mixing things up" the best copper-peptide regimen would be to rotate bottles of Tricomin and Folligen.
When one bottle is done, lay off copper-peptides for a few weeks and order the other. Repeat. . . .

That's my plan - I have slightly less than 1/2 bottle of folligen left and when that's gone I'll give a bottle of Tric a whirl.
Speaking of CUs - I still smear several dabs of Iamin Hydrating Gel on my scalp every so often - especially when my scalp gets irritated from all the other topicals.

Welcome Jake (See, I told you I wasn't Kevin :).