The people on Toplace forum seem pretty happy...

FTank

Reaction score
Good post man. I am going to try it soon when my hairloss gets a little bit worse and see if I like it. I was pretty unhappy with the shaved head thing. Basically for me it will be like a woman getting breast implants. If I can make it look good I will feel better about myself and most likely get easier access to life's resources. Maybe not as easy if I had real hair or Patrick Stewarts strength of character but you get what I mean. Other than that I will keep working on improving everything about me within my control and try to be adaptable.

chancer

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd love to visit a real hairpiece shop and see a good hairpiece on a man in the flesh... if they are that undetectable these days.... then i want one...

but i would have to find a new job first.. i work in a office with 50 other people... i couldnt go through that.... would have to start all over again....

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
chancer said:
I'd love to visit a real hairpiece shop and see a good hairpiece on a man in the flesh... if they are that undetectable these days.... then i want one...

but i would have to find a new job first.. i work in a office with 50 other people... i couldnt go through that.... would have to start all over again....

So you're not willing to go through much hassle just to wear a wig? :roll: . "I definitely want a toupee but I'd have to change my name and job first and then move 1000 miles away from my current location and start a new life". :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
From what I've seen on forums thats pretty standard from piece wearers. They always talk about how they started wearing one after moving to another state, you regularly see posts from wearers who are worried about bumping into people who last saw them with hairloss.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
From what I've seen on forums thats pretty standard from piece wearers. They always talk about how they started wearing one after moving to another state, you regularly see posts from wearers who are worried about bumping into people who last saw them with hairloss.

I've heard this too. I tried pieces before and my personal experience is while it looks good some days (some days it does not especially when it's time to get it serviced), the person is usually very conscious of people looking at him as he walks around. When I went in, I saw people waiting to get their pieces fixed and/or a haircut with it on, and you could see clumps of hair missing that had fallen out.

In terms of people moving, it makes sense. Get a fresh start where no one knows them bald even though they still are.

beemark

Reaction score
A few points.....

First of all, hairpieces are not for men who need them, they are for men who want them.

Second of all, everybody feels self-conscious early on. You need to wear the hairpiece - don't let the hairpiece wear you. In other words, you can't let yourself be distracted all the time wondering how it looks, if anybody notices it, what others think about hairpieces in general and my favorite: The Impostor Syndrome. The Impostor Syndrome happens when you feel self-conscious because you think you are trying to fool other people and because you're afraid of what they would think of you if they knew you were wearing hair.

There is only one reason to wear a hairpiece - because YOU want to.

Are you afraid of people teasing you about it? Did anybody ever tease you about being bald? I bet they did. Did the other kids on your little league team tease you when that pop fly hit you on the head? And what about the time (only once?) when you had a bit too much to drink and said something really stupid in front of someone you were trying to impress? Did the ground open up and swallow you? Did you burst into flames? Were you emotionally damaged for life? I doubt it. So if you're afraid of getting teased, here's the truth - you WILL get teased. And it won't kill you.

If you show up at work one day wearing a hairpiece that looks like a dead raccoon, you'll never hear the end of it. BUT - if you wear a high-quality hair system that looks natural and is flattering, you'll get a bit of teasing, but then people will compliment you about how natural it looks, how it makes you look younger, etc. And a lot of people will tell you they liked you better when you were bald, or that the hair doesn't matter to them - and that's fine. Again, if you decide to wear hair, do it because you want to and because you like the way you look.

antonio666

Reaction score
beemark said:
A few points.....

First of all, hairpieces are not for men who need them, they are for men who want them.

Second of all, everybody feels self-conscious early on. You need to wear the hairpiece - don't let the hairpiece wear you. In other words, you can't let yourself be distracted all the time wondering how it looks, if anybody notices it, what others think about hairpieces in general and my favorite: The Impostor Syndrome. The Impostor Syndrome happens when you feel self-conscious because you think you are trying to fool other people and because you're afraid of what they would think of you if they knew you were wearing hair.

There is only one reason to wear a hairpiece - because YOU want to.

Are you afraid of people teasing you about it? Did anybody ever tease you about being bald? I bet they did. Did the other kids on your little league team tease you when that pop fly hit you on the head? And what about the time (only once?) when you had a bit too much to drink and said something really stupid in front of someone you were trying to impress? Did the ground open up and swallow you? Did you burst into flames? Were you emotionally damaged for life? I doubt it. So if you're afraid of getting teased, here's the truth - you WILL get teased. And it won't kill you.

If you show up at work one day wearing a hairpiece that looks like a dead raccoon, you'll never hear the end of it. BUT - if you wear a high-quality hair system that looks natural and is flattering, you'll get a bit of teasing, but then people will compliment you about how natural it looks, how it makes you look younger, etc. And a lot of people will tell you they liked you better when you were bald, or that the hair doesn't matter to them - and that's fine. Again, if you decide to wear hair, do it because you want to and because you like the way you look.
i agree with this guy 100 %,it is your choice weather to wear the hairpiece and you should be proud,however i thionk i would go down the route of telling people it is a peice rather than always being scared if people will notice that it is a piece

Felk

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Real men probably dont come on hairloss forums either but there you go ...

f*****g spot on

Coming to this forum for me happened when I probably wasn't a "real man" about it, but you can harden up and get your sh*t together then still choose to post. But it's not like you need the place, it's just out of interest, or a desire to help people out.

And trading ideas and conversing with the majority of the gents here is just something I enjoy.

ARONO129

Reaction score
Some people know I wear a hair piece. When I first got outed because the color wasn't a 100% match I got mad and really sad. Then I came to terms with the fact that I wear one. With people I know I call it my "lid". I went to a buddies house for supper, he was a real jokester. He put a grape on my head and I ate dinner with that there until someone told me. I laughed the loudest. I found when I laughed about it, the jokes and cruel remarks stopped.

I got a hair transplant about 10 years ago and the doctor botched it. You can't really sue in Canada. So now I have to cover it up. I learned to live with that. I'm not paranoid about my hair anymore. Life is too short.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
If my options were either this:
DSC_0058.jpg

a1.jpg

or this:
b2.jpg

(yes, it is the same person)

I wouldn't care if it looked slightly odd, it still looks a lot better and I'd pick the wig alternative ten times out of ten.

JulianB

Reaction score
Have you ever noticed only the same 5 or 6 people post on the Toplace forum?? He only has about 5 customers, and frankly the photos of those units I have seen from the guys on theat site I wouldn't be to happy if I were them. I could spot their "piece" from across the street. Toplace clients must have very LOW standards.

And NO I will never post a pic, my piece is so good no one has ever asked or even thought I wear one, unless I tell them. Remember you get what you pay for and these "hair for less sites" are usually crap.

Wise up everyone.

ithappens

Reaction score
JulianB said:
Have you ever noticed only the same 5 or 6 people post on the Toplace forum?? He only has about 5 customers, and frankly the photos of those units I have seen from the guys on theat site I wouldn't be to happy if I were them. I could spot their "piece" from across the street. Toplace clients must have very LOW standards.

And NO I will never post a pic, my piece is so good no one has ever asked or even thought I wear one, unless I tell them. Remember you get what you pay for and these "hair for less sites" are usually crap.

Wise up everyone.

i'm as cynical as the next guy when it comes to wearing and having people trying to pretend that what they have is undetectable etc, but to simply make a statement like that about toplace is pretty idiotic. By no means am I going to defend them as the end all and be all, but the guy has alot of clients from all over the world, and even has conventions and stuff like that where some of them meet up etc. Some guys on their forum have great hair others not as great. It's more of a product of someone getting a proper template done, having a proper cut-in, having realistic expectations, and then performing their maintenance than the actual piece itself. Meanwhile guys like you who have made only 5 posts all of which and the two most recent has just slammed other hair order companies leads me to believe you work for a competitor and are trying to scare people off? Wise up everyone? I've just wised up to you.

JulianB

Reaction score
PLeeeeease-

That is always the first response "You must work for a competitor". Well you wise up. I would say where I buy my hair if that were the case. I have just been around and have tried them all. IN MY OPINION...note the "in my opinion"...Toplace is a crock and Hollywoodlace.com is a complete scam.
Trust me no one knows I wear a piece unless I tell them. It just makes me ill to see guys kiss up to certain hair sellers so they keep sending them hair at low prices. I've had dealings with some of theses "places" and they like to act like they run your life and know whats best. WE are the consumers and should tell THEM what we want. I just see some of these pics with guys getting such terrible hair and it makes me sad. Only you can know whats right for you and only you can make your hair (system) look better by tweaking the order and playing with the style. Those 2 sites I mentioned like to practice at, "well I thought that would suit you better" simply because it was all they had in stock and wanted to unload the hair.

Just a little tid bit for you all to chew on...Toplace edits it's message board and deletes ALL the negative posts concerning their products and service. Something fishy about that I would say...
And as for Hollywoodlace.com...I can't believe they haven't been put out of business yet, I think that is just a matter of time.

ithappens

Reaction score
JulianB said:
PLeeeeease-

That is always the first response "You must work for a competitor". Well you wise up. I would say where I buy my hair if that were the case. I have just been around and have tried them all. IN MY OPINION...note the "in my opinion"...Toplace is a crock and Hollywoodlace.com is a complete scam.
If you were a competitor you would say where you buy your hair? Really? Well let me ask you what you have to lose from telling all of us where you get your hair from? No one would be able to figure out who you are simply from posting so none of your reasons make any sense what so ever. You just simply keep slamming other companies. Truth be told you can't tell us where you get your hair from because if you did say HCM, which I assume this *** clown works for, you would easily be outed for what you really are, and also you know you can't just make up a company cause you would be outed as well. so in turn ladies and gents he will just keep refusing to tell us and slamming other companies. it's what guys like this do I've seen it before.

Trust me no one knows I wear a piece unless I tell them. It just makes me ill to see guys kiss up to certain hair sellers so they keep sending them hair at low prices. I've had dealings with some of theses "places" and they like to act like they run your life and know whats best. WE are the consumers and should tell THEM what we want. I just see some of these pics with guys getting such terrible hair and it makes me sad. Only you can know whats right for you and only you can make your hair (system) look better by tweaking the order and playing with the style. Those 2 sites I mentioned like to practice at, "well I thought that would suit you better" simply because it was all they had in stock and wanted to unload the hair. :spam:

Really because I've seen the hair from some of these places right next to the very expensive ones and there is virtually no major differences. As for the other garbage you posted I have never seen anyone on toplace once suggest and force anyone to buy any sort of hair style or at the very least trying to unload hair on someone. There is more a margin for an order not to arrive exactly what the person was looking for based on the pure fact that it is a hair order company, and it's not a face to face interaction going on, but in terms of quality etc there's really no major difference. You're talking in circles and repeating information. You guys at HCM like to scare people off because God forbid we THE CONSUMERS learn how to do the maintenance ourselves and you guys can't steal thousands of dollars from us a year.

Just a little tid bit for you all to chew on...Toplace edits it's message board and deletes ALL the negative posts concerning their products and service. Something fishy about that I would say...
And as for Hollywoodlace.com...I can't believe they haven't been put out of business yet, I think that is just a matter of time.

I have seen some negative posts on toplace, but here we go again you just can't help slamming all these hair order companies in every post. Truth be told he has deleted a few posts before, but from what I understand they were from HCM guys like you coming on there, ripping the product never to be heard from again. Funny though that each time the messages had different usernames but from the same ip address. buddy i can smell your sh*t from a thousand miles away get lost.
:firing: owned

JulianB

Reaction score
Actually I first started with HCM and even though I liked the hair the rest of what they had to offer was completely rediculous. I order from an internet company just like everyone else. I cut, style, and attach all my own systems.

You just want to argue for arguement sake. GET OVER YOURSELF. If you don't like my posts, don't read them or bother to reply. I know there are many others out there who feel the same way about the companies I have mentioned but I'm not on a crusade. I don't care where people buy there hair from. I just feel they are losing out from getting good service and and a great hair system by not trying other companies and only looking at the price tag.

If you ask me, YOUR the one who must work for one of those "CRAP" companies and your intent to harp on my posts only proves that...

:tongue:

ithappens

Reaction score
JulianB said:
Actually I first started with HCM and even though I liked the hair the rest of what they had to offer was completely rediculous. I order from an internet company just like everyone else. I cut, style, and attach all my own systems.

You just want to argue for arguement sake. GET OVER YOURSELF. If you don't like my posts, don't read them or bother to reply. I know there are many others out there who feel the same way about the companies I have mentioned but I'm not on a crusade. I don't care where people buy there hair from. I just feel they are losing out from getting good service and and a great hair system by not trying other companies and only looking at the price tag.

If you ask me, YOUR the one who must work for one of those "CRAP" companies and your intent to harp on my posts only proves that...

:tongue:
:spam:

Really considering I've posted on here countless with better things to talk about and say than to blast hair ordering companies all the time. I could care less about your posts, but you make untrue outlandish statements, and fail to back any of your claims up. i don't need to argue with you anymore because I think everyone can see you for what you are a fraud. You still have failed to answer my question as to where you get your hair from? what's the big secret don't want anyone to know who you work for be it Farrell or HCM. Your whole "you get what you pay for" motto is exactly that of farrell anyway. just please don't insult my or the other users intelligence on here. keep beating around bush with your I have the perfect hair system but I'm not going to tell you where I get it and oh yea all the other places suck mentality, you're only making yourself look worse. :firing: :freak:

JulianB

Reaction score
All I can say is-

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Get a hobby PLEEEEASE! I'm writing MY OPINION and EXPERIENCE. Maybe JUST MAYBE I will stop one person from having a bad experience with one of the forementioned companies, but people are going to do what they want anyway.

Your need to prove me wrong in some way is really sad. There is no wrong here, only opinion. I'm sorry your taking it so seriously. You truly have my sympathy. Stop taking it so personally...move on. I will continue to post any opinion I feel may be helpful to someone out there. If you feel the need to reply to my posts that is your right.

In my opinion save yourself the headache...don't buy from Toplace and HollywoodLace.com!

Enough said...

FTank

Reaction score
So if I started wearing a toplace piece you guys think everyone would just know? I still have a bunch of hair now and thought at some point I could transition it when things get worse.