The pace of loss

rtg313s

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I posted a little while ago, but had another question. I started noticing I was losing hair when I was about 21, now I'm 23. When I say noticing, I just mean that I could see hairs on my pillow, in my gel etc. Anyway, now I'm starting to see some thinning in the front of my hair...mainly when I spike it. A lot of this may be b/c I have blonde hair that is predominantly spiked in the front. About 1.5 months ago I started getting some serious itching going on, on my forehead, eyebrows, sideburns and Scalp. The dermatologist diagnosed me w/ Sebbhoric Dermatitis.
My question is this: Is Sebhorric Derm a tell tale sign that MBP has begun for me? Does it indicate that I'm going to begin balding at a faster rate now? Or is it likely that I will continue to thin at the same rate I always have?
I am very curious about this and would appreciate any feedback you guys could offer. I just started finasteride last week, so I want to prevent anymore thinning and keep what I have. Oh 1 last ? I know finasteride takes a minimum of 3 months to work, so now that I'm on it, will I continue to thin untill/if the med kicks in? Thanks so much

jeffsss

Reaction score
rtg313s said:
Hi everyone. I posted a little while ago, but had another question. I started noticing I was losing hair when I was about 21, now I'm 23. When I say noticing, I just mean that I could see hairs on my pillow, in my gel etc. Anyway, now I'm starting to see some thinning in the front of my hair...mainly when I spike it. A lot of this may be b/c I have blonde hair that is predominantly spiked in the front. About 1.5 months ago I started getting some serious itching going on, on my forehead, eyebrows, sideburns and Scalp. The dermatologist diagnosed me w/ Sebbhoric Dermatitis.
My question is this: Is Sebhorric Derm a tell tale sign that MBP has begun for me? Does it indicate that I'm going to begin balding at a faster rate now? Or is it likely that I will continue to thin at the same rate I always have?
I am very curious about this and would appreciate any feedback you guys could offer. I just started finasteride last week, so I want to prevent anymore thinning and keep what I have. Oh 1 last ? I know finasteride takes a minimum of 3 months to work, so now that I'm on it, will I continue to thin untill/if the med kicks in? Thanks so much

Itching of the scalp isnt a good sign.

and it takes minimum of 3 months for finasteride to work so the hair your losing now, will not be back.

rtg313s

Reaction score
Well I know the itching isn't a good sign...it's really irritating. I was just curious to see if in any of your experiences, the itching has proven to be a sign of "the beginning of the end."

SE-freak

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
and it takes minimum of 3 months for finasteride to work so the hair your losing now, will not be back.

Not true.

We are not talking about a switch that goes on or off here. Don't talk in absolutes.