The Origins Of Us & Our Universe (what’s Your Theory?)

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just interested to know what everyone’s theory is on our origin and the universe we currently reside in? It’s an interesting topic and one that can be discussed for months. I find it intriguing due to the fact that curiosity leads everyone’s minds to wonder and speculate forming their own unique and individual theory.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
God/Intelligent Design.

Human life... Hell, the chance even a single cell organism was created during a "big bang" and millions of years is slim to none.

To put it in perspective, that would be comparable to taking a wrench, and in millions of years it becoming a Lamborghini. In fact, the Lamborghini scenario is still more likely.

I don't know, some dude clicking his fingers is more far fetched in my book than your spanner analogy.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just interested to know what everyone’s theory is on our origin and the universe we currently reside in? .
It's all but an endless redistribution of nothing.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We probably live in one universe among many. Life, planets and everything arose progressively thanks to recombination of atoms, gathering together to molecus, which in turn create bigger lumps and thus matter like a rock. So we got an unicellular organism ( a complex composition of molecuses) that evolved to molluscs, fishes and mammals. One species of primates with animalistic instinct but superior intellect got so unlucky to develop self-consciousness and thus initiating a succession of unnecessary suffering. Nothing makes sense. For example, why is baldness considered unattractive? Because in reality we' re still animals. We love to judge potential mates quickly by using some quick criterium like attractiveness, so if he looks youthful he must be a "youthful" person, his genome is more "youthful", thus healthier and beneficial for the potential offspring. Humanity basically loves busying itsself with unnecessary things like attractiveness because humanity want to reproduce more humans, even though nobody knows why the universe exists, making the whole reproduction pointless . We just do things because our brain releases some chemicals such as dopamine, that makes us feel good. This is what life essentially is if we analyze it critically. Why are physical laws they way they are? Why is -273.15 ° C the lowest possible temperature and not -272.15° C? Why do we have quarks, gravity, electromagnetism? Why is there something in the first place instead of simply nothing? If everything is set up in the way to create us, how can one explain that we humans still act like animals? So the universe exists for primitive animals? Life is a joke, but a mysterious one.

Last edited:

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We probably live in one universe among many. Life, planets and everything arose progressively thanks to recombination of atoms, gathering together to molecus, which in turn create bigger lumps and thus matter like a rock. So we got an unicellular organism ( a complex composition of molecuses) that evolved to molluscs, fishes and mammals. One species of primates with animalistic instinct but superior intellect got so unlucky to develop self-consciousness and thus initiating a succession of unnecessary suffering. Nothing makes sense. For example, why is baldness considered unattractive? Because in reality we' re still animals. We love to judge potential mates quickly by using some quick criterium like attractiveness, so if he looks youthful he must be a "youthful" person, his genome is more "youthful", thus healthier and beneficial for the potential offspring. Humanity basically loves busying itsself with unnecessary things like attractiveness because humanity want to reproduce more humans, even though nobody knows why the universe exists, making the whole reproduction pointless . We just do things because our brain releases some chemicals such as dopamine, that makes us feel good. This is what life essentially is if we analyze it critically. Why are physical laws they way they are? Why is -273.15 ° C the lowest possible temperature and not -272.15° C? Why do we have quarks, gravity, electromagnetism? Why is there something in the first place instead of simply nothing? If everything is set up in the way to create us, how can one explain that we humans still act like animals? So the universe exists for primitive animals? Life is a joke, but a mysterious one.

Why nothing should exist in the picture of reality? o_O

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is -273.15 ° C the lowest possible temperature and not -272.15° .

That’s actually rather easy to explain. The atoms stop moving at this point, you can’t get less movement than no movement. The number -273.15 is just a arbitrary value occuring when you develop a scale whose freezing point is denoted by zero.

I wanna live in the parallel universe where there is no balding btw