The Oral Seti Results Update Thread

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I purchase in small quantities which is probably why they charge me alot. 1st order I bought 30 gms. @ $7/gm. and my 2nd order I purchased 40 gms. and they charged me $6.50/gm. They have better deals if you purchase 100+ gms. I'm only taking 1 gm./day so if I increase my dosage I'll probably buy in bulk. I know this stuff is very expensive, but unfortunately I'm so desperate since my hair has been falling out like crazy I'm willing to fork out the $$$ just to get a relief from this accelerated hair loss.

Really?? Now it makes sense why people say you need to use treatments for a few months to see if it works. I guess I always assumed that if you respond favorably to a treatment, results should be noticed within days.

Dude for some treatments you may need to wait up to a year

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there no one else that can make Setipiprant for us who would be a lot cheaper?
I've been googling around and some of the prices are absurd. I have no idea why they would bother putting those prices obviously no one will pay for that?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so it's been 4 weeks since I've been on 1 gm./day and still no significant results in regards to decrease in shedding. I just bought more from Lyphar and plan on upping the dose to 1.3-1.5 gm./day. Will update again 4 weeks from now.

Not looking too good right now, so far finished one week of 1.4 gms./day and still no reduction in shedding. Scalp still itches, too. I have a 3 wk. supply left and at this point it's highly unlikely I'm going to continue on after that.

Okay I think I'm gonna call it quits. A little over 5 weeks in and still nothing. Getting nervous since past couple days scalp itch and shedding has increased. I noticed that people who respond to this stuff notices a decrease in scalp itch and shedding within days. There are others who seem to experience increase shedding a couple months in but at least they experienced an initial decrease in shedding and scalp itch. From my experiences, there was no decrease in shedding or scalp itch and I feel if I were a responder I would have notice something by now (at the very least a decrease in scalp itch/irritation/inflammation). I'm really bummed right now, I had such high hopes for the anti-pgd2 route since the anti-dht route didn't seem to work (tried finasteride for 11 months a few years ago). I don't think there's any hope for me at this point. Been losing hair for the past 14 years but this past year has been absolutely brutal. Shedding has significantly increased, hairline got noticeably higher and couple of thinning spots on back of head got wider and thinner. Overall density has decreased to the point where I'm looking like a patient going through chemo. It seems like hair follicles became even more sensitive to dht within the past year.

Last edited:

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get
Okay I think I'm gonna call it quits. A little over 5 weeks in and still nothing. Getting nervous since past couple days scalp itch and shedding has increased. I noticed that people who respond to this stuff notices a decrease in scalp itch and shedding within days. There are others who seem to experience increase shedding a couple months in but at least they experienced an initial decrease in shedding and scalp itch. From my experiences, there was no decrease in shedding or scalp itch and I feel if I were a responder I would have notice something by now (at the very least a decrease in scalp itch/irritation/inflammation). I'm really bummed right now, I had such high hopes for the anti-pgd2 route since the anti-dht route didn't seem to work (tried finasteride for 11 months a few years ago). I don't think there's any hope for me at this point. Been losing hair for the past 14 years but this past year has been absolutely brutal. Shedding has significantly increased, hairline got noticeably higher and couple of thinning spots on back of head got wider and thinner. Overall density has decreased to the point where I'm looking like a patient going through chemo. It seems like hair follicles became even more sensitive to dht within the past year.
Get a mineral analysis or blood work done might be some underlying cause for your hairloss maybe.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get

Get a mineral analysis or blood work done might be some underlying cause for your hairloss maybe.

Got blood work done a few months ago by a doctor that seems to be clueless when it comes to hairloss (not many doctors to choose from in my area). According to my results, there were surprisingly no issues with thyroid. I thought for sure I had thyroid issues.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If fina doesn't work, seti won't work for you either.

You can try duta as a last resort. Or maybe look in to transplants?

Unfortunately, I'm a severe diffuse thinner so I probably don't have enough donor hair to make a noticeable difference in coverage. And even if I did have enough donor hair, if I can't even stop my rapid hair fallout the transplant results would be short lived. I desperately need to find a way to slow down my rate of hair loss. So if a fina non responder would also not respond to seti, why do you think duta would work? Also, do you think duta would be more effective than topical fina or equol? My only other option right now would be the zinc thymulin formula being discussed in the other thread.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'm a severe diffuse thinner so I probably don't have enough donor hair to make a noticeable difference in coverage. And even if I did have enough donor hair, if I can't even stop my rapid hair fallout the transplant results would be short lived. I desperately need to find a way to slow down my rate of hair loss. So if a fina non responder would also not respond to seti, why do you think duta would work? Also, do you think duta would be more effective than topical fina or equol? My only other option right now would be the zinc thymulin formula being discussed in the other thread.
minoxidil to survive a couple of years?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil to survive a couple of years?

Avoided minoxidil because of fear of the big shed and also heard it's greasy which would make my thinning hair look worse. I'm getting pretty desperate though, so I was actually thinking about just applying a little minoxidil to the thinnest balding spots on the back of my head and hope that it doesn't cause shedding in other areas (one member here claimed that minoxidil can cause shedding in areas where it's not applied).

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Avoided minoxidil because of fear of the big shed and also heard it's greasy which would make my thinning hair look worse. I'm getting pretty desperate though, so I was actually thinking about just applying a little minoxidil to the thinnest balding spots on the back of my head and hope that it doesn't cause shedding in other areas (one member here claimed that minoxidil can cause shedding in areas where it's not applied).
It's because some of it goes systemic. I am not sure if there is a treatment out there that doesn't cause a shed. Most of it is just resetting your hair cycle. Some of the hair you are losing with come back stronger. Other hair will just be gone a bit sooner than it would have been regardless of treatment. It generally takes 6-12 months to see results. For me it's typically right in the 8-10 month slot.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If fina doesn't work, seti won't work for you either.

You can try duta as a last resort. Or maybe look in to transplants?

You've already said this twice now, setipiprant is not an anti-androgen and works completely differently from how finasteride/dutasteride works.
There's absolutely no science saying if anti-androgens don't work for you, setipiprant won't either..

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I am debating on what my next move should be. I have another dermatology appointment next week, and I am hoping to get a prescription for finasteride. I am in the early stages of hair loss, and want to be proactive rather than reactive. My question to you guys is: should I try finasteride with setipiprant, or just do one or the other by themselves? Thankfully, money is not an issue for me, so the cost of setipiprant at 1g/twice daily is worth it if it stops or slows down my hair loss.

If I go the setipiprant route, where do you guys recommend I source it from? Seems like Lyphar is the preferred choice...

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti works lower down the chain.

Check this image:

View attachment 90245

But sure, what I'm saying is just my theory and there is no evidence. But it's also what I see from online anecdotes, never seen a guy where seti worked when fina did not.

Let me guess, you don’t experience finasteride side effects?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seti works lower down the chain.

Check this image:

View attachment 90245

But sure, what I'm saying is just my theory and there is no evidence. But it's also what I see from online anecdotes, never seen a guy where seti worked when fina did not.
Respectfully, "If fina doesn't work, seti won't work for you either." is a pretty dangerous line to throw out without a disclaimer that it's a theory based off anecdotal evidence. Is there more than one forum user that has tried 2g of Seti a day for over 8 months? If so I very much doubt it was a user who failed on finasteride/dutasteride, tried Seti for the appropriate time, and saw no signs of improvement or maintenance. The data set just doesn't exist yet.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using seti 2grams for a while now and it's sporadic I go through sheds and have a little itch, then no shed no itch , I am going to stick to this treatment for 12 months and see and I will be doing pge2 microneedling soon so we'll see what my results are then. Also I never got any side effects from seti so who knows if it even works on me but I think all hair loss treatments like finasteride take a while for the body to get acclimated with. Also I have a poor sleep schedule due to school and work once I'm done school I can focus on getting a full 8 hours. Thought I'd mention it since I think I shed and have more sebum and itch when I get poor sleep and drink coffee

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using seti 2grams for a while now and it's sporadic I go through sheds and have a little itch, then no shed no itch , I am going to stick to this treatment for 12 months and see and I will be doing pge2 microneedling soon so we'll see what my results are then. Also I never got any side effects from seti so who knows if it even works on me but I think all hair loss treatments like finasteride take a while for the body to get acclimated with. Also I have a poor sleep schedule due to school and work once I'm done school I can focus on getting a full 8 hours. Thought I'd mention it since I think I shed and have more sebum and itch when I get poor sleep and drink coffee
what is your source?