The Oral Seti Results Update Thread

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw. How do you guys mix seti? I tried it in 2016 but I was too difficult to mix for me...
Didn't dissolve well.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw. How do you guys mix seti? I tried it in 2016 but I was too difficult to mix for me...
Didn't dissolve well.

Mix for topical? You're better off with oral. Topical is relies on it going systemic.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also not really.
The dht starts something similar to an inflammation process in the hair bulb. It can take months until the scalp has calmed down even when the treatment is working well.

I saw an improvement in itching and sebum more than one year into treatment.

You really can't tell if something is working in the first months.

I dropped Ru for two months (in Feb) and later finasteride for three weeks to test something.
Now one month into full regimen again shedding itching ect. hits like hell.
So as @Min0 says it's just very anticyclic.

With seti I would expect results even later as I think it's slighly weaker than Finasteride.

Again, I am talking from personal experience obtained with every single hair loss treatment that I've used in my entire life. There were those that worked, and those that didn't. The ones that showed results in the first week continued to work. The ones that didn't were worthless. But, that is just my experience, and I realize that it offends some people who believe this isn't possible.

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, I am talking from personal experience obtained with every single hair loss treatment that I've used in my entire life. There were those that worked, and those that didn't. The ones that showed results in the first week continued to work. The ones that didn't were worthless. But, that is just my experience, and I realize that it offends some people who believe this isn't possible.

Can you compile a list of which worked/didn't and sides?

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also not really.
The dht starts something similar to an inflammation process in the hair bulb. It can take months until the scalp has calmed down even when the treatment is working well.

I saw an improvement in itching and sebum more than one year into treatment.

You really can't tell if something is working in the first months.

I dropped Ru for two months (in Feb) and later finasteride for three weeks to test something.
Now one month into full regimen again shedding itching ect. hits like hell.
So as @Min0 says it's just very anticyclic.

With seti I would expect results even later as I think it's slighly weaker than Finasteride.
i can tell u how dht starts the 'inflammatory itch'- it's via insulin and Insulin growth factor 1.

Testosterone/DHT => Androgen receptor => Insulin/IGF-1 => Insulin receptor => PTGDS => PGD2 => CRTh2 => Th2 accumulation(Basophils, Eosinophils, IL-4, IL-5, IL-13) in the hair follicles Sebocyte enlargement(aka proliferation) => Outer root sheath apoptosis

Last edited:

CodyJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How come my scalp never itches? I never got a shed or itch that seems to be so common

westonci

Experienced Member
Reaction score
posted this on another thread. Allergan is doing trials for both setipiprant and Latanoprost.

This is why everyone here should be adding a growth stimulant on top of Seti

Being on only seti 2g/day will only stop hairloss dead in its tracks. But their will be very little to no growth. (i tried seti alone for while)

A lot of people here are saying they are okay with maintenance, but i fee like they will be disappointed with maintenance alone.

If you invested all this money into seti you might as well spend a little bit more and add a growth stimulant (i.e PGE2, latanoprost, etc.)

Keep in mind guys blocking PGD2 (seti) and using a growth stimulant (latanoprost, minoxidil, PGE2) has an epic synergistic effects.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/18th-meeting-of-the-european-hair-research-society-ehrs/

https://i.imgur.com/KKHqomw.jpg

KKHqomw.jpg

https://www.docdroid.net/KAJJpYq/blumepeytavi2012.pdf

Just so people dont get confused. A and B are both Before pics but on different parts of the scalp.

C is the after of A (placebo) and D is the after of B (latanoprost)

https://i.imgur.com/9nVJtuy.jpg

9nVJtuy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CD1MvGj.png

CD1MvGj.png

Last edited:

Dougie3756

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have access to plenty of latanoprost eye drops, does anyone know how much and how often you would use this.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you compile a list of which worked/didn't and sides?

Everything that worked also had side effects (mostly big ones) so I'm just going to tell you that right off the bat. What worked for me is highly individual. The only thing to give results are: Minoxidil, topical estrogen, high dose equol.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe Allergan was running trials on bimatoprost and that they failed to show better results than Minoxidil. I’m fact they faired much worse. I haven’t seen anything about Allergan running tests for lantanoprost.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on seti 2g daily for 5 months, hard to say if it’s effective for me. I use minoxidil as well. At first I had a lot of vellus hairs on my hairline pop up, some started to gain pigment, but they aren’t going terminal. Still shedding a good amount. I’m going to stick with it for a few more months, but for me, I don’t think it’s stopping male pattern baldness only slowing it down. However I’m adding liposomal finasteride this week so my results can’t confirm how effective seti is in the future. Will keep the thread updated anyway.

abcdefg

Reaction score
i can tell u how dht starts the 'inflammatory itch'- it's via insulin and Insulin growth factor 1.

Testosterone/DHT => Androgen receptor => Insulin/IGF-1 => Insulin receptor => Sebocyte enlargement(aka proliferation) => PTGDS => PGD2 => CRTh2 => Th2 accumulation(Basophils, Eosinophils, IL-4, IL-5, IL-13) in the hair follicles => Outer root sheath apoptosis

You need to talk to inbeforethecure. That guy is another male pattern baldness genius maybe on the level of you. Most people likr me dont know what you guys are talking about half the time.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you don't know what they are talking about, then how do you know if they are genuises or not? they could be talking absolute rubbish.

also you can't tell if a treatment is working in just one week, that is absurd. the hair wouldn't even have breached the skin. and considering that the hair outside of the scalp is dead and doesn't change, how can it look "healthier"? only shampoos that coat or alter the hair can do that.

Gemini

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding can not be a good indicator in just 2-3 weeks period.
Most of the current drugs (minoxidil/finasteride) cause an initial shed in the first weeks, just to regrow them later

Probably the only thing you can see quickly is reduction in scalp itch

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on Lewis' Seti 1.3G for a week. Will be upping it to 1.5 soon. Too early to say for results. Personally ive had no issues with sleeping. Skin is definitely drier though. Anyone else using Lewis for Seti? Ive noticed that it doesnt really have a taste apart from slightly bitterness? Will be using a capping device soon though

baldco

My Regimen
Reaction score

Testosterone/DHT => Androgen receptor => Insulin/IGF-1 => Insulin receptor => Sebocyte enlargement(aka proliferation) => PTGDS => PGD2 => CRTh2 => Th2 accumulation(Basophils, Eosinophils, IL-4, IL-5, IL-13) in the hair follicles => Outer root sheath apoptosis

Now I am confused and maybe you or InBeforeTheCure can shed more light on IGF-1 role. If what you say is true, Metformin would reduce the bioavailability of IGF-1 due to increase in IGFBP and essentially stop the hair loss in its track. But if you visit PCOS forums, Metformin caused a significant thinning of scalp hair especially those with Androgenetic Alopecia. Most women tend to recover to their pre-metformin hair stage after discontinuing. I was always under impression the IGF-1 was required for DPC proliferation and that reducing IGF-1 in this case would lead to decrease anagen/telogen ratio.
Any Insights would be appreciated. I am aware that out of all growth factors, IGF-1 is the only one to be directly affected by androgens and balding scalp has much less of it compared to controls

Edited to add the following study in support for IGF1 and Alopecia. I

Attachments

• treb2018.pdf
    275.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you don't know what they are talking about, then how do you know if they are genuises or not? they could be talking absolute rubbish.

also you can't tell if a treatment is working in just one week, that is absurd. the hair wouldn't even have breached the skin. and considering that the hair outside of the scalp is dead and doesn't change, how can it look "healthier"? only shampoos that coat or alter the hair can do that.
im indeed no genius- the researchers doing studies on pubmed/plosone/PMC are. In other words, for 90% of the time, i offer no hypothesis- it's always from studies- specially genetic molecular causes of Androgenetic Alopecia.

If you are truly making the effort to(aka bother to) understand Androgenetic Alopecia yourself, you would have come across this very recent https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29439547/ from feb 2018 that specifically backed up what i've said about IGF-1 and Androgenetic Alopecia. I will post the abstract(again) in case you cant even be bothered to read up on it and brush it off as nonsense.

Abstract
Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) and prostaglandin D2 receptor 2 (DP2) is known to be an important factor in androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). However, the effect of PGD2 in human dermal papilla cells (hDPCs) is not fully understood. The function of PGD2-induced expression of the androgen receptor (AR), DP2, and AKT (protein kinase B) signal were examined by using real time-PCR (qRT-PCR), western blot analysis, immunocytochemistry (ICC), and siRNA transfection system. PGD2 stimulated AR expression and AKT signaling through DP2. PGD2 stimulated AR related factors (transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGFβ1), Creb, lymphoid enhancer binding factor 1 (LEF1), and insulin-like growth factor 1, (IGF-1)) and AKT signaling (GSK3β and Creb) on the AR expression in hDPCs. However, these factors were down-regulated by DP2 antagonist (TM30089)(<==same drug class as Setipiprant) and AKT inhibitor (LY294002) as well as DP2 knockdown in hDPCs decreased AR expression and AKT signaling. Finally, we confirmed that PGD2 stimulates the expression of AR related target genes, and that AKT and its downstream substrates are involved in AR expression on hDPCs. Taken together, our data suggest that PGD2 promotes AR and AKT signal via DP2 in hDPCs, thus, PGD2 and DP2 signal plays a critical role in AR expression. These findings support the additional explanation for the development of Androgenetic Alopecia involving PGD2-DP2 in hDPCs.

= IGF-1 causes Androgenetic Alopecia via the AR/PGD2/CRTH2/Th2 axis - not by me , but by this study(and many other studies too)

Not true on the 2nd part.

As testified by others here in this forum who have been experimenting with multiple different chemicals long enough- i would be able to know whether something is working based on hair texture, scalp sebum and other physiological signs like armpit odour in just a few days amount of time.

Last edited:

sktboiboi

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I am confused and maybe you or InBeforeTheCure can shed more light on IGF-1 role. If what you say is true, Metformin would reduce the bioavailability of IGF-1 due to increase in IGFBP and essentially stop the hair loss in its track. But if you visit PCOS forums, Metformin caused a significant thinning of scalp hair especially those with Androgenetic Alopecia. Most women tend to recover to their pre-metformin hair stage after discontinuing. I was always under impression the IGF-1 was required for DPC proliferation and that reducing IGF-1 in this case would lead to decrease anagen/telogen ratio.
Any Insights would be appreciated. I am aware that out of all growth factors, IGF-1 is the only one to be directly affected by androgens and balding scalp has much less of it compared to controls

Edited to add the following study in support for IGF1 and Alopecia. I
u have to search for them yourself- for they have been posted many times before by others.