The Obama deception documentary

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
http://www.motorauthority.com/dick-cheney-george-w-bush-didnt-want-to-pull-the-plug-on-gm.html
bush_wagoner_mulally_main_630_1219_630x360-0605-630x360.jpg

During an interview on Fox News last Tuesday, Cheney revealed that during his presidency George W. Bush did not want to be the one who “pulled the plugâ€￾ on GM.

“I thought that, eventually, the right outcome was going to be bankruptcy,â€￾ Cheney said, referring to GM. “It had to go through such a dramatic restructuring to have any chance of survival that they had to be able to renegotiate labor contracts and so forth, and the president decided that he did not want to be the one who pulled the plug just before he left office.â€￾

Cheney said that rather than acting on GM, the Bush administration “put together a package that tided GM over until the new administration had a chance to look at it.â€￾ This included the original $17.4 billion auto industry bailout package signed in by the Bush administration late last year, which was designed to give the incoming Obama administration some time to adjust and make preparations for the inevitable GM bankruptcy.
I'm not a Bush fan at all, and I haven't read a lot about that, but it seems like the right and honorable thing to do. Instead of choosing a course in the last days of his administration, he let Obama decide what he wanted to do. Seems like the courteous thing to do.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
I grew up in the middle of Detroit and moved out at about 30 years old. Went to Lincoln Park then just outside of Monroe where I now live. (I worked in downtown Detroit for 32 years and retired last October, 2008.)

I live in a subdivision but it is in an area which is very close to rural towns/farms, etc.

Like you, I stayed away from Livonia, Plymouth and Northville. Too crowded IMHO. But I have friends who live in the Plymouth and Northville area who love it. Not much crime in those suburbs. Fairly affluent.

I got sick of living with so many people nearby. My subdivision is still a typical subdivision but rural areas are extremely close by. Alot of metro-parks and wide open spaces are near me.

It's been paradise compared to my years in Detroit. IMHO, for all intents and purposes, Detroit is a cesspool. You couldn't give me a home for free to live there again.

Way too much crime and people who do nothing but ask for handouts and hustle for a living.

If feel very bad for the honest, decent people who live in Detroit and have to put up with such a large population of useless jacka**es.

This might not be accurate/true, but I remember reading that a house in Detroit was on the market for $1 and it did not sell very quickly. Detroit absolutely is a cess pool. I had a friend who studied transportation planning, and Detroit was held up as the example of what NOT to do. Basically, build a ton of interstates leading out of the city, people move out, and the only ones who stay are those too poor to move.
Plymouth doesn't seem to ritzy. Livonia maybe a little bit, but its no Birmingham.
Love northern Michigan. Not talking UP, but like I said, the small lakes up by Traverse City are great.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well regardless, obama vs mccain, obama is by far the lesser of 2 evils i mean i just found mccain's policy driven by nothing but retarded ignorace

frankly as a brit i think the US could benefit by changing the constitution and allowing bill Clinton to serve a third, and a forth and many more terms and i don't think America will ever return to the well ran state of the Clinton years

unfortunately the recession has brought people's intrest to be "economy first, people second" but i found myself not caring about the video when they discussed the "new world order" crap

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
A president obviously has powers, but you cannot expect the US or any other country to give a single man complete control.

It is impossible for one man to know enough about military, economy, public relations, security, business..etc.

There are areas where a president will listen to his advisers and accept what they say. Military generals will know far more than a president would about what military action needs to be taken.

Obama can try and use a more diplomatic approach, but if the US military, counter-terrorists and whoever your equivalent of MI6 is, says they need to strike and they need to strike now, he will agree to it.

This is why when he says change is here, it's not really. The set up for the united states and most other countries take years to build and it would take years to change.

There are plenty of countries around the world where one man has complete control. Too many examples to list.
In the US, we have 3 branches of government, designed specifically to prevent any one branch from becoming too powerful.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
well regardless, obama vs mccain, obama is by far the lesser of 2 evils i mean i just found mccain's policy driven by nothing but retarded ignorace

frankly as a brit i think the US could benefit by changing the constitution and allowing bill Clinton to serve a third, and a forth and many more terms and i don't think America will ever return to the well ran state of the Clinton years

unfortunately the recession has brought people's intrest to be "economy first, people second" but i found myself not caring about the video when they discussed the "new world order" crap

McCain is a good man. It's Palin that was the problem. I considered voting for McCain. Then he picked Palin. We definitely don't need a stupid hick in the White House.
Clinton wasn't that great. He was better than Bush and better than Obama will be, but he did plenty of stupid stuff. Bombing that pill factory in the Sudan to get Monica off the front page is a good example. Somalia is another.

The Gardener

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
In the US, we have 3 branches of government
All of them report to the 4th branch of government who holds the REAL power... Their puppetmasters on K Street.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
somone uk said:

Agreed. I just wish Clinton could be President for freaking FOREVER!!! Can't we just change the Constitution and make him King of America?? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
McCain is a good man. It's Palin that was the problem. I considered voting for McCain. Then he picked Palin. We definitely don't need a stupid hick in the White House.

Agreed. I'm shocked that he would pick such a dumb bimbo to be his veep, although god knows she's provided a lot of fodder for Bill Maher and all the late-night talk-show pundits! :)

But let's keep in mind that Sarah Palin is good for us in one important way: her continued presence on the national political scene is good for us Democrats, because her incompetence is so egregious. So let's hear it for Sarah Palin! Palin for 2012!! :bravo:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
ClayShaw said:
In the US, we have 3 branches of government
All of them report to the 4th branch of government who holds the REAL power... Their puppetmasters on K Street.

Yeah... although they probably don't have much influence on the supreme court.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Bryan said:
somone uk said:

Agreed. I just wish Clinton could be President for freaking FOREVER!!! Can't we just change the Constitution and make him King of America?? :)

I think you love Clinton as much as I loved Reagan Bryan.

Oh well, they are gone and we are stuck with what we have.

Even I'd take Clinton over these current clowns. (If only he had been more 2nd Amendment friendly. Never understood why he cow-towed to the anti's so much. They must have had something on him. LOL!)

As to Palin, you have Pelosi Bryan. Now even you have to admit Pelosi is dumber than a box of rocks. And, she's Speaker of the House for pete's sake!!?? :shock:

I'd bet if Obama, Rahm Emanuel(sp?), Mrs. Obama and I were in a room by ourselves and I said: "Man, that Pelosi is dumb", they'd say HE** YES she is, but please don't spread that around"!! :)

Let's not forget Biden. He ain't dumb by any means but he does remind me a little of Billy Carter.

I mean, let's face it, Biden has a bigger mouth than Old Baldy. :shock:

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ooo. conspiracy. Poor production in the video. Somewhat entertaining but is just too long. I think Obama did not have enough experience at the executive position and peoplt hink of him more a s a celebrity than a president. What is funny is the ones crying at the election. Im sorry I just can't take that seriously.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
As to Palin, you have Pelosi Bryan. Now even you have to admit Pelosi is dumber than a box of rocks. And, she's Speaker of the House for pete's sake!!?? :shock:

I'd bet if Obama, Rahm Emanuel(sp?), Mrs. Obama and I were in a room by ourselves and I said: "Man, that Pelosi is dumb", they'd say HE** YES she is, but please don't spread that around"!! :)

I've recently had my sister here visiting me for a few days (remember, she's a former US Ambassador, along with numerous other accomplishments), and I happened to ask her what her opinion of Nancy Pelosi is. She said that Pelosi is verrrrry smart. She said that there's no way that you could get to that position without being very shrewd.

CCS

Reaction score
Do you think McCain would have won had he picked Ron Paul as his VP?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Old Baldy said:

I've recently had my sister here visiting me for a few days (remember, she's a former US Ambassador, along with numerous other accomplishments), and I happened to ask her what her opinion of Nancy Pelosi is. She said that Pelosi is verrrrry smart. She said that there's no way that you could get to that position without being very shrewd.

And you believed her?! :shock:

Come on Bryan, Pelosi couldn't think her way out of a paper bag.

She may be "shrewd" (whatever that means, [i.e.,could it mean deceitful, dishonest, manipulative, etc.,] :dunno: ) but she sure as heck ain't smart.

I should have your sister meet my big dog Virgil. She'd, no doubt, come away thinking he was a genius! :mrgreen:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Come on Bryan, Pelosi couldn't think her way out of a paper bag.

She may be "shrewd" (whatever that means, [i.e.,could it mean deceitful, dishonest, manipulative, etc.,] :dunno: ) but she sure as heck ain't smart.

Why do you believe that?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Here's one example: (Obviously from an anonymous insider but this is from one of the staffers,)

House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi is known amongst even her Democratic colleagues as one of the less cerebral members of the House. But even her staff was stunned by her seeming inability to understand the recent Kelo Supreme Court ruling regarding governmental property seizures.

"We briefed her on it. She seemed to ask questions as though she understood it, but clearly she didn't," says a Boxer adviser on Capitol Hill. "How else to explain it?" [...]

Even after the press remarks, Pelosi, according to other Democratic staffers, didn't seem to understand what the fuss was all about. "She was oblivious. She really thought she had a handle on some basic ideas about the Supreme Court, the way Congress works with the rulings of the court," says a Democratic leadership staffer. "A generation of 'Schoolhouse Rock' get this and she doesn't? Her staff should be ashamed of itself for putting her out there."

Before I retired, I had a conference with an old respected attorney who testifies before Congress on tax issues and financial issues. (He had met and known of Pelosi based on first hand experience.)

He said very clearly, Pelosi is not smart. (And this old attorney is an old style Democrat. We used to have good political arguments. He knew his stuff and usually won. He's around 82 or 83 years old now.)

It's common knowledge among people in Washington DC that she is not smart. Where have you been? :)

Tidbit: Bush's IQ was in the mid 120's when he took the IQ test in an attempt to get into the US Air Force.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Old Baldy said:
Here's one example: (Obviously from an anonymous insider but this is from one of the staffers,)

House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi is known amongst even her Democratic colleagues as one of the less cerebral members of the House. But even her staff was stunned by her seeming inability to understand the recent Kelo Supreme Court ruling regarding governmental property seizures.

"We briefed her on it. She seemed to ask questions as though she understood it, but clearly she didn't," says a Boxer adviser on Capitol Hill. "How else to explain it?" [...]

Even after the press remarks, Pelosi, according to other Democratic staffers, didn't seem to understand what the fuss was all about. "She was oblivious. She really thought she had a handle on some basic ideas about the Supreme Court, the way Congress works with the rulings of the court," says a Democratic leadership staffer. "A generation of 'Schoolhouse Rock' get this and she doesn't? Her staff should be ashamed of itself for putting her out there."

Before I retired, I had a conference with an old respected attorney who testifies before Congress on tax issues and financial issues. (He had met and known of Pelosi based on first hand experience.)

He said very clearly, Pelosi is not smart. (And this old attorney is an old style Democrat. We used to have good political arguments. He knew his stuff and usually won. He's around 82 or 83 years old now.)

It's common knowledge among people in Washington DC that she is not smart. Where have you been? :)

Tidbit: Bush's IQ was in the mid 120's when he took the IQ test in an attempt to get into the US Air Force.

Pelosi is clearly a moron.
The only way Bush's IQ is 120 is if it WAS 120 and he killed off a bunch of brain cells with coke/booze.
But, Bush's IQ test to get into the Air Force was probably as legit as his National Guard service.
I'm with you 100% on Pelosi, baldy, but don't try to paint Bush as a smart guy. It simply won't work. These are not the words of an intelligent man:

"We've got a lot of relations with countries in our neighborhood."

"They misunderestimated me."

"I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."

"And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq."

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

And my personal favorite:
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."

He doesn't come off as intelligent in the least.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Come on, you can't pass judgement about how "smart" someone is by using subjective criteria. Even though I despise the man, I have no doubt that George W Bush is probably a very intelligent guy. YES he has a "way with words", so to speak, but that doesn't mean the guy is stupid. Dude got an MBA from Harvard. I think Bush's problem isn't that he wasn't smart, but rather, I think he had some deeper personality defects, he seemed to be a very impulsive man.

As for Pelosi, I have no doubt that she's probably very smart as well. To attain the position she has, I have no doubt that she is a policy heavyweight and has great skill in dealing with people. My problem with her is that I don't think she understands economics. At ALL. Well, maybe, unless she received her economics education from the University of Havana....

Cap and trade passed the House today. If that bill is signed into law, you can wave bye bye to whatever remained of our manufacturing sector, and the ongoing economic deterioration of this country will accelerate. Manufacturing is key to revitalizing exports, which is the only way this country has any hope of reversing our decline. The days of papering over perennial trade deficits with increasing debt have come to an end.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Obviously I don't like Pelosi but who really knows if she is really stupid. I think she is in my heart of hearts.

That said, you're right about cap and trade Gardener IMHO.