the new studied drugs

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
can someone summarize all the new studies/drugs in testing so someone without a lot of time can read up and grow some optimism. thanks.

seekinghair

Reaction score
There are four promising new treatments currently in study,

TB4. It could be released this year in China. It´s a topical drug.

Neosil's OSH 101. Phase II clinical studies are under development in Europe. It could be in the market by 2008. Again it´s a topical drug based on peptide that is suppsed to promote hair growth and thickening. It could be one more weapon to add to our current arsenal but not the cure.

Hair multiplication. This procedure requires a surgical intervention in addition to a previous in vitro multipication of your own follicule cells. Never before 2009-2010.

Curis. This could be the cure for Androgenetic Alopecia. It´s topical drug that has been said to reverse the balding process at its root. The development is being made with Procter & Gamble and is being said to be in the first stages of testing in human models.

I honestly believe that we have good reasons to be optimistic. I suscribe the statement that this is the best time in history to go bald.

powersam

Reaction score
the best time to go bald? i guess i'd have to agree as i'm reasonably optimistic that men wont have to worry about hairloss in a decade or less. so we'll be the last to go bald, is that good or bad?

JackWhite

Reaction score
seekinghair said:

Neosil's OSH 101. Phase II clinical studies are under development in Europe. It could be in the market by 2008. Again it´s a topical drug based on peptide that is suppsed to promote hair growth and thickening. It could be one more weapon to add to our current arsenal but not the cure.

Hair multiplication. This procedure requires a surgical intervention in addition to a previous in vitro multipication of your own follicule cells. Never before 2009-2010.

Curis. This could be the cure for Androgenetic Alopecia. It´s topical drug that has been said to reverse the balding process at its root. The development is being made with Procter & Gamble and is being said to be in the first stages of testing in human models.

I honestly believe that we have good reasons to be optimistic. I suscribe the statement that this is the best time in history to go bald.

There is never a f*****g good time to go bald! Whats next "this is the best time in History to get Aids" yea right

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LOL

JackWhite said:
seekinghair said:

There is never a f****ing good time to go bald! Whats next "this is the best time in History to get Aids" yea right

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Curis, now that Proctor and Gamble is involved, sounds like a promising new drug...

It's being developed for other skin disorders, but hair loss is the priority on their list!

I've read a lot on the Hedgehog pathways and how they can instantly turn hairs into the growing phase, instantly reverse tumors on tissue (even brain tissue), etc. etc.

They have fully regrown hair on animals, and it's now being tested on humans. I might even consider becoming a test patient myself it sounds so promising.

erovc

Reaction score
BostonHawk, good question. Discussions like these are easy to read w/o spending too much time on. It can be kind of a pain to read through 5 pages of individual responses to find out what is actually being studied. It may be helpful to have just a section devoted to the new drugs, research, etc. w/o having individual responses; such like this response, but w/o a discussion board involved. Also, it would be nice to have a section just devoted to pictures of members with their regimens w/o individual responses. Just a thought. I'm sure you're busy though HairlossTalk. Thanks everyone.

erovc

seancashmere

Reaction score
So I'm thinking this Curis thing sounds like another Rogaine/minoxidil. Reasoning? Well, it's a hair growth stimulator. You'll have to take it for life. It's topical and non-systemic which tells me that it's efficacy will be hard to materialize. I mean, look at some of the regimens you all use... you claim maintainance or regrowth, but you really have to stare at a scalp to see a difference in most cases. I'm sure that Curis reads exactly like Rogaine did in its early stages of development. However, depending on a thing or two, it may work!

My question is, does the hair follicle die?? I mean, after the skin turns shiney, and no more hair grows, say, in you temples or at your crown... is the follicle that's still in there alive? Is it still producing those miniturized hairs???? That's major because if it is, I'm thinking this Curis could potentially make those follicles put in some work. However, the hair shaft would have shrunk, no? So... would they just sprout s'more miniturized hairs or what? Also, is this the best thing in the pipeline? I really disagree that it's the best time to go bald... however, if this Curis does the trick... say before I turn 30 (unfortunately, I'm twenty-flippin'-six)... I might reconsider having a child knowing that if I do pass on my baldness there is a legitimate (not just cosmetic) means to combat it, realistically.

Thoughts?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seancashmere said:
My question is, does the hair follicle die?? I mean, after the skin turns shiney, and no more hair grows, say, in you temples or at your crown... is the follicle that's still in there alive? Is it still producing those miniturized hairs???? That's major because if it is, I'm thinking this Curis could potentially make those follicles put in some work. However, the hair shaft would have shrunk, no? So... would they just sprout s'more miniturized hairs or what? Also, is this the best thing in the pipeline? I really disagree that it's the best time to go bald... however, if this Curis does the trick... say before I turn 30 (unfortunately, I'm twenty-flippin'-six)... I might reconsider having a child knowing that if I do pass on my baldness there is a legitimate (not just cosmetic) means to combat it, realistically.

Thoughts?

Well i have heard of some scientific mumblings about the hair follicles still alive even after slick bald sets in but not producing actual hair...

seancashmere

Reaction score
seancashmere wrote:

Thoughts?

Well i have heard of some scientific mumblings about the hair follicles still alive even after slick bald sets in

Ahhh, so I suppose the common belief is to the contrary, that the follicle actually does die off. Sad. This Curis thing really may not be the holy grail after all.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Curis, now that Proctor and Gamble is involved, sounds like a promising new drug...

It's being developed for other skin disorders, but hair loss is the priority on their list!

I've read a lot on the Hedgehog pathways and how they can instantly turn hairs into the growing phase, instantly reverse tumors on tissue (even brain tissue), etc. etc.

They have fully regrown hair on animals, and it's now being tested on humans. I might even consider becoming a test patient myself it sounds so promising.

The curis stuff sounds awesome but i can't find any information about them starting human testing. I wouldn't mind becoming a test patient myself.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
This Curis product sounds promising. Proctor and Gamble doesn't get involved with products unless they are legit.

seancashmere

Reaction score
wow, you've put a lot of faith in Proctor and Gamble, seems to me like you're "jumping the gun!"

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nervx said:
Aplunk1 said:

The curis stuff sounds awesome but i can't find any information about them starting human testing. I wouldn't mind becoming a test patient myself.

since this is a topical treatment, at least one obstacle is overcomed. Direct risk of running fowl in human testing compared internally consumed treatment like gene theraphy.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seancashmere said:
So I'm thinking this Curis thing sounds like another Rogaine/minoxidil. Reasoning? Well, it's a hair growth stimulator. You'll have to take it for life. It's topical and non-systemic which tells me that it's efficacy will be hard to materialize. I mean, look at some of the regimens you all use... you claim maintainance or regrowth, but you really have to stare at a scalp to see a difference in most cases. I'm sure that Curis reads exactly like Rogaine did in its early stages of development. However, depending on a thing or two, it may work!

well u are partially right or wrong. because unlike pevious treatments like min or finasteride , this curis what it does is jumpstarts or reverse tricks on a male pattern baldness mechanism pathway level. It may be using the body' own natural rejenuvation powers to achive results. somethng similar but not the same which Minoxidil is widely believed to do. Minoxidil correct me, improves or opens up new blood flow to the hair system right? if it is then Curis is one step or few steps advanced.

seancashmere

Reaction score
Still... I sincerely doubt it's the cure it's being touted as. Even if it sparks growth in regions that are balding, the follicles still have suffered some miniaturizing, hence making thinning still a problem. It advances science closer to the cure I suppose, but I still want to see more. I want the cure, as we all do. I am not settling for less. So depressed.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
i do put a lot of faith in proctor and gamble. they are a reputable company and are always leaders in their field. now, they may decide the technology isn't effective and scratch the product, but i'm confident that if they create and market a product, it will be effective. i don't think it will be a cure, but i think it will be a decent over-the-counter product.

theendoftheend

Established Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
seancashmere said:

well u are partially right or wrong.

He is partially right or wrong? Wow... you're really going out on a limb there.