The Near-shaved Look (0 Guard) After Fue: Possible?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible?
If you have minimum work done (filling in of temples) to have a buzzed look, buzzed down to zero.

I have been on finasteride for 13 months with no improvement. I have maintained, and my temples have got worse.
I'm looking into a possible FUE in the future if treatment fails. I buzz my hair with no guard now and it would look nice if I had hair on the temples I guess.

Just starting my research here so I can find out if its even a possibility

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been sort of wondering the same thing...although a 1 guard. Specifically what I want to do is compare all hair transplant docs who pack the donor sites with ACell/ prp or whatever to minimize hypo pigmentation scarring. I have found that Dr. Wesley and I think Dr Cole does as well. Ultimately id like to find a Doctor in Turkey that does it !

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say the answer is no. Look at hair transplantation more as skin grafting. Then ask yourself could I have let's say 1000 skin grafts meaning cutting out 1000 pieces of skin from the back of my head and then cutting 1000 holes in the front of my head to stick them into and have it all look perfectly normal? Probably not but hair will help cover it up...............this is the reality in my opinion. If you are going to shave your head just shave your head and if anything a tan would be an infinitely better solution in my opinion.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not possible. You'd have to grow your hair out for it to look more natural and since the temples require single grafts you'd definitely need 2 passes to have enough density to blend in with existing hair behind it. I had an FUE in my temples to do the exact same thing you wanted and let me tell you when it's buzzed there's no denying you can tell exactly where my transplant is. Grown out to a 2 guard and it starts looking like I have 2 hairlines, a 3 guard and it starts blending in better, a 4 and you can't tell anymore. If you plan on doing a 1 guard then forget it. If you can rock a 3 guard now but your hair loss isn't stable then forget it because eventually it'll be noticeable.

One thing to note is any bald spot you transplant into will ALWAYS take 2 passes idc if you have thick hair or not. 2 passes at least. 1 for coverage and the second to add density. You can get an illusion of density with 1 pass but you better start using some thickening shampoo or something.

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should correct my answer. For the most part it's not possible. Everything has to be just right which is a lot to ask for with cosmetic surgery. Of course this is a ******** case and the work is flawless in my opinion. High norwood while also using beard hair which increases the difficulty of trying to match it all up 100 fold. One has to understand the procedure requires the surgeon to match up all those hairs so they look like the belong there. Most can't even get head hair only right let along trying to mix beard hair into it.

In my opinion this case is the best I have ever seen with the hair this short hands down because I have actually seen it in person under sunlight and that is the true test not so much pictures/video on a forum. Even with this some will be critical of the result which is a good thing because it's telling you what you are looking for is probably not possible. I haven't seen anything posted in 18 years that comes close so if someone has a case please post it.

And yes he also worked as a representative for the clinic and yes I was a patient of Dr. ******** after previously having about 12 procedures over the course of 25 years costing me a huge some of money approaching 6 figures because I believed all the same crap many that visit forums do and I made one simple mistake. I walked into a clinic at the age of 23 not knowing much and not understanding most in this business are predators. Dr. ******** was a breath of fresh air for me. Absolutely a big improvement for me but way too late. I learned the hard way you don't have to depends on what you want to believe. The forums can become cult like with the various posters/marketers encouraging others to join in............I would suggest just observing.

I had to bust my balls to pay for all it over all those years which is okay because working hard builds character and it became my karma so in that respect I should be grateful. If I were able to do what the majority in this business do which is fool people for a buck then it would have been easier. It’s not in me though and it never has been and that is not a problem. It’s bad karma because when you fool people, that is who you become and there are consequences to it. Young guys save your money and consider fitness/ martial arts first. If you are a high level player in any type of fighting system I guarantee you hair will not matter. Give it a shot if not plan on spending a whole lot of money and a whole lot time as a possible consequence.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=67&threadid=87525&enterthread=y

Last edited:

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I should correct my answer. For the most part it's not possible. Everything has to be just right which is a lot to ask for with cosmetic surgery. Of course this is a ******** case and the work is flawless in my opinion. High norwood while also using beard hair which increases the difficulty of trying to match it all up 100 fold. One has to understand the procedure requires the surgeon to match up all those hairs so they look like the belong there. Most can't even get head hair only right let along trying to mix beard hair into it.

In my opinion this case is the best I have ever seen with the hair this short hands down because I have actually seen it in person under sunlight and that is the true test not so much pictures/video on a forum. Even with this some will be critical of the result which is a good thing because it's telling you what you are looking for is probably not possible. I haven't seen anything posted in 18 years that comes close so if someone has a case please post it.

And yes he also worked as a representative for the clinic and yes I was a patient of Dr. ******** after previously having about 12 procedures over the course of 25 years costing me a huge some of money approaching 6 figures because I believed all the same crap many that visit forums do and I made one simple mistake. I walked into a clinic at the age of 23 not knowing much and not understanding most in this business are predators. Dr. ******** was a breath of fresh air for me. Absolutely a big improvement for me but way too late. I learned the hard way you don't have to depends on what you want to believe. The forums can become cult like with the various posters/marketers encouraging others to join in............I would suggest just observing.

I had to bust my balls to pay for all it over all those years which is okay because working hard builds character and it became my karma so in that respect I should be grateful. If I were able to do what the majority in this business do which is fool people for a buck then it would have been easier. It’s not in me though and it never has been and that is not a problem. It’s bad karma because when you fool people, that is who you become and there are consequences to it. Young guys save your money and consider fitness/ martial arts first. If you are a high level player in any type of fighting system I guarantee you hair will not matter. Give it a shot if not plan on spending a whole lot of money and a whole lot time as a possible consequence.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=67&threadid=87525&enterthread=y

I was one of the posters on this thread back in the day, my handle was HairToday,GoneTomorrow. I still hold this as the benchmark for a pretty bald guy getting work done and still able to do a shaved head look. It is an incredible result.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Dr. Coles YouTube channel. I think its for hair clinic. 2 weeks ago a video was uploaded with 3957 graphs. Its very impressive.

Actually he set out an email for days of reduced cost.
Best of luck!

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible?
If you have minimum work done (filling in of temples) to have a buzzed look, buzzed down to zero.

I have been on finasteride for 13 months with no improvement. I have maintained, and my temples have got worse.
I'm looking into a possible FUE in the future if treatment fails. I buzz my hair with no guard now and it would look nice if I had hair on the temples I guess.

Just starting my research here so I can find out if its even a possibility

Think the scabs do show. Could be wrong about that. The thing is, I really think people with hair transplants shouldn't go with a buzzed look. The density is too uneven, in my opinion.

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I guess a high fade isnt at all possible with a hair tranplant then...

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say the answer is no. Look at hair transplantation more as skin grafting. Then ask yourself could I have let's say 1000 skin grafts meaning cutting out 1000 pieces of skin from the back of my head and then cutting 1000 holes in the front of my head to stick them into and have it all look perfectly normal? Probably not but hair will help cover it up...............this is the reality in my opinion. If you are going to shave your head just shave your head and if anything a tan would be an infinitely better solution in my opinion.

I wanted to just shave my head in the beginning.
But I have very deep temple recession, fair skin and jet black hair on my head... especially the forelock is very thick. Makes it look like I have some "black/gray thing" in the middle of my forehead when I shave. I look so bad I avoid all mirrors/shiny surfaces

shookwun

Reaction score
NOP.

you will look like you have white dots on the back of your head.

need a 1-2 guard

It's not possible. You'd have to grow your hair out for it to look more natural and since the temples require single grafts you'd definitely need 2 passes to have enough density to blend in with existing hair behind it. I had an FUE in my temples to do the exact same thing you wanted and let me tell you when it's buzzed there's no denying you can tell exactly where my transplant is. Grown out to a 2 guard and it starts looking like I have 2 hairlines, a 3 guard and it starts blending in better, a 4 and you can't tell anymore. If you plan on doing a 1 guard then forget it. If you can rock a 3 guard now but your hair loss isn't stable then forget it because eventually it'll be noticeable.

One thing to note is any bald spot you transplant into will ALWAYS take 2 passes idc if you have thick hair or not. 2 passes at least. 1 for coverage and the second to add density. You can get an illusion of density with 1 pass but you better start using some thickening shampoo or something.

good post.

this is 100% true from my experience with transplants

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's impossible to say without photos and how many grafts we are talking about. Weak donor area, I would say no. Strong donor area, maybe.