The myth of ru58841 being unstable/degrading faster in water

oddmood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Below are 2 studies made in the 90s by the researchers working for Roussel Uclaf(the company that created Ru)
The studies compared Ru permiation in a classic ethanol solution versus liposomes. Both concluded the liposomes are better, but the important thing is that in both studies the control solution was ethanol, pg and water.

Percutaneous absorption of a new antiandrogen included in liposomes or in solution
This one used 40% water and 20 20 ethanol pg.

Importance of Sebaceous Glands in Cutaneous Penetration of an Antiandrogen: Target Effect of Liposomes
This one used 50% water and 20 10 ethanol,pg.

Even the macaques study had 18% water in composition.

This is important because people usually avoid adding water to their mixes or buying that premade k&b solution. Personally I get rashes not only on my scalp but on entire body when using the classic 70:30 solution.
The psk company(the one that bought Russell uclaf) didn't use water in their clinical trials because they wanted a fast drying product, adding water slows the evaporation time and the solution becomes messy like minoxidil.

Also, in none of this studies ru58841 is not mentioned as being unstable or the need to make fresh batches everytime.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
Anagen Inc sell legit RU58841.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Below are 2 studies made in the 90s by the researchers working for Roussel Uclaf(the company that created Ru)
The studies compared Ru permiation in a classic ethanol solution versus liposomes. Both concluded the liposomes are better, but the important thing is that in both studies the control solution was ethanol, pg and water.

Percutaneous absorption of a new antiandrogen included in liposomes or in solution
This one used 40% water and 20 20 ethanol pg.

Importance of Sebaceous Glands in Cutaneous Penetration of an Antiandrogen: Target Effect of Liposomes
This one used 50% water and 20 10 ethanol,pg.

Even the macaques study had 18% water in composition.

This is important because people usually avoid adding water to their mixes or buying that premade k&b solution. Personally I get rashes not only on my scalp but on entire body when using the classic 70:30 solution.
The psk company(the one that bought Russell uclaf) didn't use water in their clinical trials because they wanted a fast drying product, adding water slows the evaporation time and the solution becomes messy like minoxidil.

Also, in none of this studies ru58841 is not mentioned as being unstable or the need to make fresh batches everytime.
Some guy posted on here in the past few months that when he added water to his RU solution that the RU precipitated to the bottom. The thread was him asking if he could salvage it.

jazz1

Reaction score
How do you know?
I tried their 5% KB solution in the past with mixed RU58841. This eliminated my scalp DHT itch but also gave me sexual sides at the time, my shedding also decreased.