THE MSYTERY OF FOLLICA!!!

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Cody333 said:
Follica have already completed Phase 2 of their trials in Europe for the method using Lithium, Just enter Follica into the search and click on DE for further information

https://www.clinicaltrialsregister.eu/ctr-search/

Phase 3 can take between 1-3 years, so far they've completed their trials quite fast so hopefully that will be the same if they are going to be doing a phase 3, I'm not sure but I think they would have to issue a new drug application after phase 3 which takes between 6-10 months to be passed, so if everything goes well we might not be far from having Follica on the market, best case scenario would be phase 3 taking a year and the application going through in 6 months, but I doubt we'll be that fortunate. If this treatment is giving results then it should be available a lot sooner than 5 years anyway.

They are not using any new drugs...the lithium gel they used is already FDA approved for seb. derm.

Nothing they are using needs further approval.

Thanks for the post! I didn't know the trials were taking place in Germany......interesting.

So then why is it taking so long to hit the market?

T

TravisB

I've read they are going to use something related to follicular neogenesis. They'll damage the skin in a certain manner, then inject something (eg. already available and FDA approved drugs, that are not for hairloss, so no minoxidil or finasteride) into these wounds, and this should help the newly created follicles to grow hair.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mmm.... how can you tell there wont be a phase 3?

Loomis

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Cody333 said:
... Phase 3 ...

That's if there is a phase 3! My guess is that phase 2 will reveal crappy results and the project will be scrapped before it even goes to phase 3. I hope this is not the case, but this is my prediction. I hate to say it.

In fact, I have been briefly scanning the Follica blogs on the xconomy site, and judging by the few posts I read, the general consensus there is that Follica is DONE. There won't be anything from them for a long time ... like 5 years or something, and there will be no phase 3 for the current project. It is done.

Again, I hope this isn't the case, but I'm afraid it could be.

There isn't a single person on xconomy, hairsite or any other forum who knows what Follica are doing, or what their future plans are.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cody333 said:
dudemon said:
Cody333 said:
... Phase 3 ...

That's if there is a phase 3! My guess is that phase 2 will reveal crappy results and the project will be scrapped before it even goes to phase 3. I hope this is not the case, but this is my prediction. I hate to say it.

In fact, I have been briefly scanning the Follica blogs on the xconomy site, and judging by the few posts I read, the general consensus there is that Follica is DONE. There won't be anything from them for a long time ... like 5 years or something, and there will be no phase 3 for the current project. It is done.

Again, I hope this isn't the case, but I'm afraid it could be.

There isn't a single person on xconomy, hairsite or any other forum who knows what Follica are doing, or what their future plans are.

I never understand dudemon, does he want HM to be a reality or what? From his posts it seems like he gets a real kick out of seeing these companies fail.

I bet if Folica passes phase 3, dudemon would say:

"I bet it doesn't work effectively enough" or something along those lines. Just like when it was in phase 2, dudemon will say "it will fail at phase 2"...you get the picture.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
so since they havent presented any results it's too late now to do so right? i mean i get what you're saying dudemon, they should be gleefully rushing the news

wendal

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Oknow said:
I never understand dudemon, does he want HM to be a reality or what? From his posts it seems like he gets a real kick out of seeing these companies fail.

I bet if Folica passes phase 3, dudemon would say:

"I bet it doesn't work effectively enough" or something along those lines. Just like when it was in phase 2, dudemon will say "it will fail at phase 2"...you get the picture.

No, I hate seeing these companies fail. But until one of them actually proves themselves, I think its foolish to buy into the mental masturbation of the "I can have all my hair back as soon as HM comes out" pipedream. I no longer buy into it; not until I actually see it take place with my own two eyes. Hoping and wishing are just that, and not reality.

If you have no hope in any of these companies, then why do you post or even read this section of the forum? Why do you intentionally hang around a place that you shrug off as some kind of joke? It appears to me that you get off to being negative.

T

TravisB

I asked Follica about phase II results, they replied me:

Thanks for your interest in Follica.

Our publically shared information can be found on our website. We are committed to driving this technology forward and are enthusiastic about
the potential. With that said, developing a new treatment takes time and we appreciate your patience as we progress in a diligent manner.

Your support is very important to us and encourages us to move forward as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

The Follica Team

@dudemon

Have more faith man. Have you seen things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAS_k1IrJpA&feature=player_embedded 10-15 years ago? The stem cell hair restoration research is certainly moving forward. Seriously, if the scientists can do things like in the video now, then I think in the next 10 - 15 years, hair multiplication could be the real deal.

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the thing folks. The technology exists to grow hair folicles, that isnt the problem.

The problem is having them survive the hair cycle. Growing various body parts are being done, they don't have cycles to survive. Hair does, and that is the tricky part, that and making sure they do not become cancerous cells. However I think they have been over coming the last part

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
TravisB said:
I asked Follica about phase II results, they replied me:

Thanks for your interest in Follica.

Our publically shared information can be found on our website. We are committed to driving this technology forward and are enthusiastic about
the potential. With that said, developing a new treatment takes time and we appreciate your patience as we progress in a diligent manner.

Your support is very important to us and encourages us to move forward as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

The Follica Team

@dudemon

Have more faith man. Have you seen things like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAS_k1IrJpA&feature=player_embedded 10-15 years ago? The stem cell hair restoration research is certainly moving forward. Seriously, if the scientists can do things like in the video now, then I think in the next 10 - 15 years, hair multiplication could be the real deal.

Sorry, I have no faith. Besides, in 10-15 years I'll be 50-55. Might as well pulll up a coffin. :jackit:

Seeing is believing. Until then, I am forgetting about HM and all of these companies. IMO, they are all nothing but a bunch of BS and destined to fail. End of story.

I think the point he is trying to make, a lot of progress has been made in the past 10-15 years. So if anything, we are A LOT closer now to HM then 10-15 years ago...where to be fair, you didn't have competition of this scale.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
Sorry, I have no faith. Besides, in 10-15 years I'll be 50-55. Might as well pulll up a coffin. :jackit:
It makes no sense. Many people above 60 proceed today to hair transplants and you say that at your 50's you would not apply a radical solution if it was available? Besides at that age there are more chances to have money for this.

Of course all this is relative. I guess that people that managed to keep themselves in good shape in their 50's, would do it in a heartbeat if the solution was efficient, permanent and safe. We don't want to have a head full of hair just for the sake of chicks, as the youngest ones around here would make anyone believe; there are other reasons also.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
but i was hoping for a procedure that wont be as drastic as a hair transplant. :dunno:

Loomis

Reaction score
If Follica's procedure works then a dermatologist will be able to perform the treatment, I don't know why you would think it will only work in the donor area either, I think you might be underestimating them.

T

TravisB

Hmm, somehow I don't think it will be that great to grow significant amount of hair on the bald scalp. It would be a miracle cure.

Loomis

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Cody333 said:
If Follica's procedure works then a dermatologist will be able to perform the treatment, I don't know why you would think it will only work in the donor area either, I think you might be underestimating them.

I don't think it will only work in the donor area......I only think it will work best in the donor area......until they can perfect the technique of an even, symetrical coverage, on the bald area.

But we don't know what they will be able to do yet, or how the treatment will work, they could have perfected all of that by the time they get through trials.

T

TravisB

Interesting. But how can we know if these are actual Follica results, and not just good Propecia/minoxidil response?