the most unluckiest guy to have walked this planet

x505x

Reaction score
Ok, so here's my LON GG sad story.
I'm 18 and started losing hair when i was 13. The only good thing about my appearance was my hair since im short AND i have acne. My mom was the first one to notice but i waved her off thinking she just wanted me to keep my hair short.
When i turned 14 my barber told that my crown is thinning slightly and i should do something about it. I went back home after that haircut and had a look in the mirror.
What I saw changed my life forever. My balding crown was was staring back at me. Soon my classmates started to notice my hairfall issue. Not many..just quiet a few (about 2 guys each month)
When i turned 15 i decided to go for a buzz cut so i trimmed my hair to number 2 on top and 1 on the sides.
my balding patch blended in completely with the rest of my hair but alas this method of concealing was short lived.
By the time i was 16 I moved to another country and was already a victim of depression. Buzz cuts didnt work anymore and once i joined my high school i had to embrace my baldness. (I had NO IDEA that concealers exist.)
By the time i was 17, keeping long hair looked like i was combing over my thinning area.
No prom nights for me..No crushes..No girls
Just a poor little guy who was only good at studies. I didnt make many friends.
I just used to think WHY ME
WHY ME
WHY AM I GOING BALD SO EARLY
AT THIS AGE
SHORT, POCKMARKED, BALD
surely im cursed
and it really did feel like im cursed
my confidence level was 0 (still is)
i used to get nervous during presentations
used to keep my head down and walk when my back was against someone in the hope tht he/she wont notice my baldness that way.
i had completely lost hope till i came across nanogen
i nearly cried with joy..i thought my problems are finally over
but it was expensive like sh*t
still i decided to go for it
tried it in the summer break..worked great..but then i realised its gonna cost me like hell if i keep using this for my next and final year at school.
so i droppd the idea of using it at school and suffered another year of misery
Im gnna start my uni in a few days now
new country
new place
new ppl
came across dermmatch few days back
do u guys think i should go for it with a buzz cut?
i dont think its expensive and if this product works i can start a new life
else if nothing works i think im destined to die this way
having lost something so important this early has changed my life
whenever i look at a girl i look away cuz i dont wnt her to think tht a bald abnormal kids staring at her
my lifes a mess
hope dermmatch can change tht
and oh
my hairline is still intact
just the crown is thinning

vikings1234

Reaction score
sorry to hear your story at a young age. But it is what it is right? You will look back years from now and realize there is only so much you can do so don't waste your time. I have friends that are as bald as a babys rear and their lives are normal , hot gfs, great jobs etc. DO NOT let it control you. Your mind can play some bad tricks on you. Enjoy your life and be glad for what you have

as for Dermmatch. I found it to be a savior. It is DIRT cheap and will last you so long. I have thinning in crown like you describe although I am older. I use a small amount and it is a god send. Doesn't drip, I sweat am very active both socially and physically . I even was at a doctor to check some issues and had to disclose I was on propecia of course. So he checked my scalp and said it must be working good. Didn't even notice the dermmatch way up close and using his fingers to examine.

PM me if you need mroe help. Get on propecia too if you haven't . Don't listen to the BS people spew about it around here

x505x

Reaction score
@CPF - what's your story?
@vikings thanks alot man..ill certainly have a go at it..for now i think ill try dermmatch..but i have this question..if i apply dermmatch daily in my university, is it gnna make my hairloss a lot worse?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'd choose crown thinning over frontal thinning any day. At least you still have a frame for your face. There's this one dad that picks up his kid from day care every day. He shaves his head as short as I do but his only thinning is a tiny bald spot in the back of his head that can easily be covered up by growing it out a little and maybe a little derm. I look at him and think he's over reacting and throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Obsidian

Reaction score
You mean this guy?
elephant_man.jpg

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'd choose crown thinning over frontal thinning any day. At least you still have a frame for your face. There's this one dad that picks up his kid from day care every day. He shaves his head as short as I do but his only thinning is a tiny bald spot in the back of his head that can easily be covered up by growing it out a little and maybe a little derm. I look at him and think he's over reacting and throwing the baby out with the bath water.

He's 18, you ***. Did you start balding at 13? Have a little sympathy for someone for once.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
uncomfortable man said:

He's 18, you ***. Did you start balding at 13? Have a little sympathy for someone for once.

its hard to ask somebody who is so self-absorbed and narcissistic to have sympathy for others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
qball01 said:
Thickandthin said:
uncomfortable man said:

its hard to ask somebody who is so self-absorbed and narcissistic to have sympathy for others.

Zing!

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that you make your own luck.

Seriously. All of us have our own hindrances in some shape or form.

Positivity is the only way forward.

Anyone can give up, thats easy, and most people do in some form.

Just play the cards you have.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:

[...]

I wish this were true.

None of us chose to go bald and no amount of optimism can change that.

giggle

Reaction score
Belmondo said:
Hope4hairRedux said:

[...]

I wish this were true.

None of us chose to go bald and no amount of optimism can change that.

you don't choose to win the lottery either

there is luck (chance) and luck (living a life you're happy about). i reckon H4HR was talking about the second one and from that angle, he's right: your life and the way you feel about it are basically the reflection of what you make(/made) it

quite a lot of people don't accept this, and blame something/someone else for being unhappy - or using your words: unlucky -, to avoid having their suffering doubled by the additional weight of guilt. the root issue of their suffering is always the same though: their inability to approve reality

you have to realise that the difference between the two types of luck aforementioned is that the first one is ephemeral while the second one shall never fade. the first one might make you feel good temporarily, but it's the second one that will make you happy in the long run

you may have lost the genetic lottery go, but it doesn't prevent you from being a truly lucky man, which has nothing to do with hair