The Most Powerful Natural Inhibitors By The Oral Route

Reaction score
We all know that there is nothing comparable to finasteride but it really seems that there are natural products that can slow hair loss. I have heard about Saw Palmetto from the root of nettle, pumpkin, flaxseed, sesame, reishi ... but which do you think are the most potent?

Flowsome

My Regimen
Reaction score
A mixture of beta-sitosterol and saw palmetto is one of the most comparable and well-studied natural alternatives. You'll find most of these products are branded to combat benign prostate hyperplasia, but a fair amount of people with male pattern baldness use them as a natural and financial alternative. I can't speak to the efficacy of nettle, pumpkin seeds, etc. – been meaning to look into those for a while.

Reaction score
A mixture of beta-sitosterol and saw palmetto is one of the most comparable and well-studied natural alternatives. You'll find most of these products are branded to combat benign prostate hyperplasia, but a fair amount of people with male pattern baldness use them as a natural and financial alternative. I can't speak to the efficacy of nettle, pumpkin seeds, etc. – been meaning to look into those for a while.
saw Palmetto seems interesting, but I had heard that its inhibitory effects reach a very small percentage of the scalp, what do you think?

Flowsome

My Regimen
Reaction score
saw Palmetto seems interesting, but I had heard that its inhibitory effects reach a very small percentage of the scalp, what do you think?
Interesting – I haven't heard of that before! Would you mind finding the source? I'd like to read into it.

Reaction score
some users: @Flowsome

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/so-say-you-were-taking-saw-palmetto.2960/

Saw Palmetto inhibits a form of 5 alpha reductase, that results in increased Testosterone which results in increased libido.

Its not placebo effect. Its an endocrine system modulator. Well known.

Its NOT a treatment for male pattern baldness.

It's effective in the prostate. It's not effective on the scalp. Do you know why? If not please read up on it. Please educate yourself.

Saw Palmetto INHIBITS THE FORMATION OF ONE TYPE OF DHT. THe type NOT FOUND prominently in the scalp. The type THAT IS FOUND PROMINENTLY in the prostate.

Thus the 100+ studies on SP's helpful effects on the prostate, and the 0 studies on SP's helpful effects on the scalp and hair.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=7&threadid=99275

hi
1, dont take saw palmetto orally by the time it goes through your system it wont even reach your scalp plus its not very good for you ( PUMPKIN SEED OIL CAPSULES TAKEN DAILY LOWER INTERNAL DHT , AND ARE VERY GOOD FOR YOU)
2, do exactly AS I SAID HOW TO USE SAW PALMETTO and it will work , you will shed at first but that means its working any hair that sheds means its making way for the new hair shaft
3, you will only see new hair after about 4 - 6 wks , you will see it coming through, follow how i said how to do it and you will get results
4 , it has to be applied every day for about 2 - 3 months to see results , once hair starts coming through you can cut it down to every other day , but the days you miss, spray with rosemary and nettle water couple of times a day, i suggest spraying every day of your life as it only drys and leaves no resadue ( use couple of nettle teabags and ground up dried rosemary to make consentrated spray they are natural DHT blockers , note , you must grind up dried rosemary in coffee grinder or something to release the hair restoring chemicals in about a cup of hot water , about two large spoonfulls, leave in water about 1 and half hrs then sive sediments out and put water in spray bottle for easy applicaion ........

UPDATE
10 WKS INTO HAIR REGIME WITH TOPICAL SAW PALMETTO AND OTHER INGREDIENTS AND GETTING GOOD HAIR REGROWTH ALL ACROSS MY HEAD FROM CROWN TO FORHEAD AND EVEN HAIR REGROWTH WHERE I HAD LOST HAIR AWSOME THIS HAIR REGIME WORKS IF YOU DO IT EVERYDAY
PLUS APPLY ROSEMARY AND NETTLE RINCE TO HAIR ONCE OR TWICE DAILY AS WELL

belfort

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using saw palmetto and beta sitosterol for a week now and man I am shedding crazy.

belfort

My Regimen
Reaction score
@nahIodesiempre I am also on minoxidil 5% for the last 4 months now. I shed a bit in the first 2 weeks..and then I got some great results after 3 months.. and then I started with saw palmetto 350mg a day for 3 weeks I started to shed a little bit but nothing major and then a week ago I added additional 100 mg softgels of beta sitosterol twice a day with the saw palmetto and straigh after I started using the beta sis I am shedding like hel.. like more than 100 hairs per wash.. I wash my hair at night and in the morning everytine after I apply minoxidil.. I don't know If I should continue with the beta sis and saw palmetto.

Flowsome

My Regimen
Reaction score