The Month of April

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an exciting month guys! Samumed ends their phase IIb and hopefully gives some information. Topical finasteride-whether you like the idea or not-will be available in the U.S. via prescription! Histogen will be presenting their results/trials at a stem cell summit. Also, the Turkey treatment "Kelopesia" should be released. Things will be good in April and only get better heading towards 2017!

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Press release from Tsuji which will hopefully release more information/details than what Swoop has gathered, and, if we're lucky, a Replicel update.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Press release from Tsuji which will hopefully release more information/details than what Swoop has gathered, and, if we're lucky, a Replicel update.

Yes. We are long overdue for a replicel update.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
This is an exciting month guys! Samumed ends their phase IIb and hopefully gives some information. Topical finasteride-whether you like the idea or not-will be available in the U.S. via prescription! Histogen will be presenting their results/trials at a stem cell summit. Also, the Turkey treatment "Kelopesia" should be released. Things will be good in April and only get better heading towards 2017!

Hey, I'm looking for April as well mostly because of SM and Tsuji news.

What is topical finasteride you are talking about? Is it effective? I gave up on oral finasteride because of Gyno :mad:

g.i joey

Reaction score
hasson and wong topical finasteride which apparently has the ability to not give you systemic sides, im eagerly awaiting this to be released, and in the meantime i just found out my pharmacy can make me a minoxidil/finasteride mix topical so im getting on that this week. EXCITED for these future treatments, but always keep a certain level of skepticism in the hair loss world.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
hasson and wong topical finasteride which apparently has the ability to not give you systemic sides, im eagerly awaiting this to be released, and in the meantime i just found out my pharmacy can make me a minoxidil/finasteride mix topical so im getting on that this week. EXCITED for these future treatments, but always keep a certain level of skepticism in the hair loss world.

Thanks for reply.

Will it be as effective as oral finasteride or less? Are there any studies? thanks

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
Replicel filed its 2014 10-k on April 27th last year and its 2013 10-k on March 19th, so I'm guessing we can expect that document soon. Pretty discouraging looking back at their old statements ... In 2014 they wrote, "plan to initiate a phase 2 dose-finding trail for RCH-01 in 2015". Was that delay caused by GE also? /s

Also, they say in their statements that "Participants of the phase I clinical trial will be followed for five years." How can they not know whether or not this works...

IvanXproject

Established Member
Reaction score

People have already tried it, and it gave the same side effects as oral finasteride. The topical finasteride has been available through that Italian pharmacy for a while now

g.i joey

Reaction score
The topical finasteride offered currently and hasson and wong are two diff formulations. Unless ur in Vancouver you haven't tried hasson and wong formulation yet.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score
Replicel filed its 2014 10-k on April 27th last year and its 2013 10-k on March 19th, so I'm guessing we can expect that document soon. Pretty discouraging looking back at their old statements ... In 2014 they wrote, "plan to initiate a phase 2 dose-finding trail for RCH-01 in 2015". Was that delay caused by GE also? /s

Also, they say in their statements that "Participants of the phase I clinical trial will be followed for five years." How can they not know whether or not this works...

I'm not sure those tests were to see how effective the rch-01 was... You can see what substances do to the body using only a small amount, but that doesn't mean it's the most effective dose to reach the desired results the substance is capable of... I think that's the goal with phase 2...

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure those tests were to see how effective the rch-01 was... You can see what substances do to the body using only a small amount, but that doesn't mean it's the most effective dose to reach the desired results the substance is capable of... I think that's the goal with phase 2...

Their 10-K says it was for the purpose of safety and efficacy yet the next sentence only comments on the safety. I find when reading financial statements you get a good idea by looking at what is not said or what the company is trying to hide. I hope as much as everyone else that Replicel is a success, but if we were going to build a case against them, I'd bring up this