The mistery of DUPA and the complete lack of information.

Rjgroto

My Regimen
Reaction score
To add, I sometimes look at the transgender transformations on reddit. And I've seen some dupa sufferers reverse their thinning. I really hope one day we'll be able to nail down how to effectively treat dupa.
Hi, Grim

Thanks for your input.
Hope oral minoxidil helps. I started taking it two weeks ago besides using topical minoxidil and topical finasteride on my whole scalp. Next week i will have the first mesotherapy session with dutasteride on my donor. I hope this combo works

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To add, I sometimes look at the transgender transformations on reddit. And I've seen some dupa sufferers reverse their thinning. I really hope one day we'll be able to nail down how to effectively treat dupa.
do you have the link on reddit ?

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was recently diagnozed with dupa as well. I have thinning on the sides though not on the back and It is really odd because i respond very well to treatment (finasteride from 1998 - 2010 and dutasteride from 2011 - up to now). I went to a world class surgeon who said I could only extract follicles from the back, not from the sides. But how can he garantee this condition won't develop into the back.
How old are you, you look 25

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was recently diagnozed with dupa as well. I have thinning on the sides though not on the back and It is really odd because i respond very well to treatment (finasteride from 1998 - 2010 and dutasteride from 2011 - up to now). I went to a world class surgeon who said I could only extract follicles from the back, not from the sides. But how can he garantee this condition won't develop into the back.
it usually doesn't affect the entire back, only the nape, so there is still a small strip that could be used as a donor area

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay positive guys, I know it's not easy but as long as you're not a NW7 there's lot of treatments coming out in the next few years which are going to make the current treatments look like snake oil in comparison.

Kintors Pyrilutamide, Breezula are scheduled for 2023 but if we're lucky we might see them in late 2022.

There's soon going to be light at the end of the tunnel, and even if you are a NW7, there's still treatments in the pipeline coming out to give you a complete head of hair but those will take a few more years.

There's Gene Editing Therapy using CRISPR, mRNA, Turn Biotechnology, possibly David Sinclair

And of course Dr Tsuji, and Stemson Therapeutics

Rjgroto

My Regimen
Reaction score
it usually doesn't affect the entire back, only the nape, so there is still a small strip that could be used as a donor area
Hi, dudealpha. Thanks for the observation. Yeah, that's true. I hope this pattern doesn't end up reaching all my back so i can extract some follicles from there. :)

Rjgroto

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stay positive guys, I know it's not easy but as long as you're not a NW7 there's lot of treatments coming out in the next few years which are going to make the current treatments look like snake oil in comparison.

Kintors Pyrilutamide, Breezula are scheduled for 2023 but if we're lucky we might see them in late 2022.

There's soon going to be light at the end of the tunnel, and even if you are a NW7, there's still treatments in the pipeline coming out to give you a complete head of hair but those will take a few more years.

There's Gene Editing Therapy using CRISPR, mRNA, Turn Biotechnology, possibly David Sinclair

Hi, Micky,

Thanks for the positive words. I also hope there will be better treatment options in the near future. :)

DarkHairHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nothing seems to work for dupa man

Matthewfakha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys i also have dupa as my father have it losing hairs in whole scalp but still have normal hair pattern
And i think it’s not androgenic as all of us didn’t respond to Duta or finasteride
So lets all see what’s common in us and may be we find a solution
Some says it’s related to high prolactin levels
Some says it’s because of low or high estrogen
Some says it’s related to autoimmune as insoine works with one dupa suffer
I hear also that topical melatonin also works
So if any one have an idea we can discuss that

Rubicant112

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that my grandfather on my dads side has what looks like DUPA/NW7, granted he’s 85, but after seeing his hair recently it looks like what I’ll be looking like eventually.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it not the case that DUPA/retrograde usually doesn't progress past a certain stage though? I've never seen people with completely depleted sides and back and if they exist they are certainly outliers. I haven't really even seen very severe cases. Usually there is a certain amount of thinning/ recession that obviously has a negative cosmetic effect but it plateaus after a while, no?