The minoxidil catch

human

Reaction score
Really tempted to start minoxidil but I really dont like the thought of being a prisoner to its use every single day. I have read a lot of stories about people stopping treatment and then losing all the hair that minoxidil has maintained, this exacerbating the loss. Has anyone had this experience? If you start minoxidil and then stop, does your hair loss become more prominent?

Thanks

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not reasonable to expect permanent results from minoxidil. You can quit at any time, but obviously minoxidil isn't going to work anymore if you stop using it! That's like giving up on multivitamins and expecting to see the benefits after you stop taking them. You're only a prisoner to minoxidil as long as you want tokeep experiencing it's benfits!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Bottom Line

Hi Human, If you aren't currently on it and are deliberating over starting on it it's good you are doing your own research first. Take into account that many of us respond uniquely to minoxidil. while using it, However once off of it we ALL will respond the same. Document your experience by taking pics to get a baseline If you don't sport a short haircut then get one and remember if you decide to give minoxidil at least a serious try for at least 1 year and or you decide against it (which is fine as well) you will more than

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Human, Sorry about the last unedited post of mine. That was a premature slip :doh:Here is my cleaned up version. It's good you are doing your own research first. Take into account that many of us respond uniquely to minoxidil. while using it, However once off of it we ALL will respond the same. Document your experience by taking pics to get a baseline If you don't sport a short haircut then get one and remember if you decide to give minoxidil at least a serious try for at least 1 year include bi-monthly pic updates. Orif you decide against it (which is fine as well) you will more continue to lose your hair. Bottom line: there is no cure for this dreaded disease. Really the best we can do is not allow it to become your identity. Clearly, at this point it is no friend of ours, so we presently have no other true recourse but to fight it . Be strong and best wishes.

Petchsky

Reaction score
My view on minoxidil use is that it's not necessarily a every day commitment.

The way i use minoxidil was 2x a day for the first six months then cut down to once a day...I really only use it once every other day now and that's fine for maintenance.

You don;t really lose much hair after quitting minoxidil as such, as minoxidil makes all your hair go into the anagen phase, when you quit some of the hair goes back to telegen phase (sleeping) and your hair goes back to baseline.

The scary thing though is the actual seeing of the shedding of hair, but really you are just going back to baseline.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yes you are correct when on minoxidil alone, i was saying that from the assumption the OP was also on propecia, in which case thousands of hairs go back in to the sleeping phase which leads to a big shed.

Slimzee

Reaction score
New on the forum not sure if this has been covered but looking to get some info on the following - Anyone used a mix of minoxidil 8% with 0.004% mpg, 0.004% oesterodiol valerate, 0.004% cyprotone acetate ... its a liquid applied topically it was presented as the best 'topical formula that was very popular' however going through the forums and Google I didn't see anyone talking about it or selling? I Understand that minoxidil is certainly regarded as successful for topical regrowth and that the AA in this formula are said to slow the DHT in to the hair meaning they should not fall (?) ... However I am uncertain of it as cant find any info.... HELP PEEPS

Slimzee

Reaction score
I.D Walker cheers for the reply - it wasn't that I don't have it and aware that the Belgravia centre sell, I have the solution its from another source. I just wanted to see if anyone had views on the mix as I hadn't read anything. Obvs minoxidil has the FDA stamp but am I being conned with these added ingredients ? Will they have a better affect than just minoxidil or is this just another way to get more money? Equally I searched the ingredients and although the %'s are very very low which makes me ask will they have an affect? at the same time the write up on them makes me question the validity I mean progesterone is a female hormone right? Have you seen any other threads on this subject? and the recommend dose that has been advised is 1.5ml once per day but again most are talking a lot more twice per day .... total confusion and that's after seeing a 'professional'.