The Mechanism You Think Most Responsible For Male Pattern Baldness!

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what needs to be researched. Are there more androgen receptors on the top of the scalp compared with the back and sides? I don't know of any studies that have examined androgen receptors numbers in different areas of the scalp. That would be good data.

There must be a reason why the hair on the back and the sides isn't affected.
I'm not sure if this is anatomically possible but if the galea was stretched down this would solve the baldness puzzle.

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Why inflammatory cytokines affects hairs on top of head not from sides or back? I think chronic weight on follicles plus muscle tension and immovable nature of top plays role,some people have good circulation others don't that certainly plays some role.but genetically sensitivity is also important.
hey Mandar you look great. I wonder how do you apply minoxidil?.

I think if you tied your ears to the top and add some gel.. you will look pompadour!.

Kill them pu**y!!!.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am slowly balding. Taking care of hair and treating male pattern baldness with things I can tolerate.
But the question always pops in my mind frequently is why dht behaves exact opposite according to body site? .I had read gravity theory long ago and forgot it quickly, but recently it catched my attention.the hair follicle resides in space between subcutaneous fat and scalp skin,a kind of sandwich. the gravity theory explains why hairs degrades over times.the pressure exerted by weight of skin on follicle over years makes follicle and surrounding capillaries to shrink. DHT which is anabolic increases in area where pressure is greater to make follicular cells devide rapidly but in doing this it also makes subcutaneous fat to vanish,decreasing this cushion makes pressure on hair follicles unbearable and they shrinks and die the death by getting crushed between skin and tough cranial bones.studies injecting botox to create cushioning showed excellent results.
What's your thought on pathophysiology of baldness??

I this was just SLIGHTLY true.

Then why didn't the BALD astronaut that lived on the space station for a year grow a full head of hair?

INT

Reaction score
The problem with most people that (want to) believe in alternative theories besides the androgen theory of male pattern baldness is that they seem to think that our body and its internal processes need to make sense. A lot of the times, it simply doesn't.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with most people that (want to) believe in alternative theories besides the androgen theory of male pattern baldness is that they seem to think that our body and its internal processes need to make sense. A lot of the times, it simply doesn't.

That and to simplify it - what an easy life it would be if avoiding baldness was just a matter of reducing scalp tension. Wishful thinking if anything.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what needs to be researched. Are there more androgen receptors on the top of the scalp compared with the back and sides? I don't know of any studies that have examined androgen receptors numbers in different areas of the scalp. That would be good data.

There must be a reason why the hair on the back and the sides isn't affected.

There is this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9284093 from '97 which showed that there were both more androgen receptors and 5AR activity found in frontal follicles than occipital. However it should be known that the lead clinical researcher of this study was disbarred by the FDA for falsifying documents which obviously questions the integrity of all the research she conducted. Would love to know if there is any other research that confirmed her findings though.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not really about that. It's just that androgen theory can't explain sh*t.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should make sense why DHT makes hair shrink on top and doesn't affect hairs few centimeters down . molecular biology I'd complex but androgenic theory should make sense BT it doesn't.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
It should make sense why DHT makes hair shrink on top and doesn't affect hairs few centimeters down . molecular biology I'd complex but androgenic theory should make sense BT it doesn't.
It's just a very different type of hair, diverging growth phases and all. The cells in your body hair are just 'programmed' differently which is why there is a terminal length in body hair unlike in scalp hair as well.