The Mechanism You Think Most Responsible For Male Pattern Baldness!

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am slowly balding. Taking care of hair and treating male pattern baldness with things I can tolerate.
But the question always pops in my mind frequently is why dht behaves exact opposite according to body site? .I had read gravity theory long ago and forgot it quickly, but recently it catched my attention.the hair follicle resides in space between subcutaneous fat and scalp skin,a kind of sandwich. the gravity theory explains why hairs degrades over times.the pressure exerted by weight of skin on follicle over years makes follicle and surrounding capillaries to shrink. DHT which is anabolic increases in area where pressure is greater to make follicular cells devide rapidly but in doing this it also makes subcutaneous fat to vanish,decreasing this cushion makes pressure on hair follicles unbearable and they shrinks and die the death by getting crushed between skin and tough cranial bones.studies injecting botox to create cushioning showed excellent results.
What's your thought on pathophysiology of baldness??

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also men have thick skin and 10 times more DHT than women so pressure and fat loss is much intense and faster so they loose hairs in more extent than women.
But one flaw in this theory is that testosterone is also fat killer which is not found in male pattern baldness pathogenesis. People with DHT deficiency have tons of testosterone but they don't go bald ,puzzling.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gravity theory has been disproved, if I remember correctly. One scientist transplanted a miniaturizing hair from his scalp to his forearm, and it still continued to thin.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about high dht men that have 0 baldness ?

e652449a6b218264daab60b7894c0835d1c3f3b2.jpg

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people will disagree now but I think the galea plays an important role in male pattern baldness. I think the contraction of the galea starts the whole cascade. Increasing DHT is probably a response to the inflammation caused by the contraction of the galea , which in turn causes calcification and fibrosis. This triggers cell death and the hair shrinks. Genetics play the role of the 'messenger'. For each step of this domino effect there are molecules that signal to the body to trigger a certain reaction. I think people who don't go bald don't have the genes that respond to the signal ,thus stoping the mechanism, or they simply don't experience the galea contraction at all. It's all huge speculation, I know, but there are studies that suggest that the galea, inflammation and calcification are all involved in baldness.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are some men taller than others when they eat the same diet? Why does some people's hair go gray 20 years earlier than others?

Androgenic hair loss is mostly genetic. It doesn't require a medical 'problem' to make it happen. It's a normal part of the aging process.

(Yes I know that baldness correlates with some other medical problems. Correlation is not causation.)

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am slowly balding. Taking care of hair and treating male pattern baldness with things I can tolerate.
But the question always pops in my mind frequently is why dht behaves exact opposite according to body site? .I had read gravity theory long ago and forgot it quickly, but recently it catched my attention.the hair follicle resides in space between subcutaneous fat and scalp skin,a kind of sandwich. the gravity theory explains why hairs degrades over times.the pressure exerted by weight of skin on follicle over years makes follicle and surrounding capillaries to shrink. DHT which is anabolic increases in area where pressure is greater to make follicular cells devide rapidly but in doing this it also makes subcutaneous fat to vanish,decreasing this cushion makes pressure on hair follicles unbearable and they shrinks and die the death by getting crushed between skin and tough cranial bones.studies injecting botox to create cushioning showed excellent results.
What's your thought on pathophysiology of baldness??

Sure ? so where is hair transplant in your theory ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people will disagree now but I think the galea plays an important role in male pattern baldness. I think the contraction of the galea starts the whole cascade. Increasing DHT is probably a response to the inflammation caused by the contraction of the galea , which in turn causes calcification and fibrosis. This triggers cell death and the hair shrinks. Genetics play the role of the 'messenger'. For each step of this domino effect there are molecules that signal to the body to trigger a certain reaction. I think people who don't go bald don't have the genes that respond to the signal ,thus stoping the mechanism, or they simply don't experience the galea contraction at all. It's all huge speculation, I know, but there are studies that suggest that the galea, inflammation and calcification are all involved in baldness.

Have you ever hear of HAIR TRANSPLANT ?!!?!?!

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure ? so where is hair transplant in your theory ?
Hair transplant is a not disapproval of this theory. Transplanted hairs comes from doner area and are big in size ,also many genes for cell division are upregulated so hairs doesn't fall immediately .my guess is that transplant creat a deep wounds that remodels tissue and create new vessels so the hairs survives. Most people take drug to stop remaining hair from falling so that could also benefit transplanted hairs.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Big muscles =/= high DHT
Friend, muscles that big mean high anabolic androgenic steroid use; that's far worse for your hair than DHT alone, if you are genetically susceptible to baldness. That man appears not have the required androgen sensitivity to grow a beard, thicken body hair, or lose scalp hair, regardless of how much he blasts extraordinarily potent synthetic androgens into his body - androgens that 5 alpha reductase inhibitors do nothing to mitigate.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Friend, muscles that big mean high anabolic androgenic steroid use; that's far worse for your hair than DHT alone, if you are genetically susceptible to baldness. That man appears not have the required androgen sensitivity to grow a beard, thicken body hair, or lose scalp hair, regardless of how much he blasts extraordinarily potent synthetic androgens into his body - androgens that 5 alpha reductase inhibitors do nothing to mitigate.
I agree with you. But for other guys who have muscles does not mean they have high DHT levels

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Clearly genes are the underlying reason for the development of specific characteristics that lead to hair loss. However, this does not answer the question. We are looking for the specific traits the genes cause that lead to hair loss.

Clearly DHT alone does not cause male pattern baldness because many men have super hairy bodies and beards (both caused by high DHT in those areas) but no scalp hair loss. There is a reason the DHT causes increased hair growth in the body and hair loss in the scalp.

I propose it is to do with stress-related inflammatory cytokines.

DHT increases inflammatory cytokines, which kills the hair.
Some types of stress increase inflammatory cytokines, which kills the hair.

Some people have just one of those. E.g. high DHT, but no hair loss.

Some people have high scalp inflammation caused by both DHT and stress hormones. The result of this combination of extreme perifollicular inflammation? Cataclysmic destruction of the follicles by way of perifollicular fibrosis.

I suspect this inflammation is particularly focused in areas like receding hairline and the crown area (but that's just a hunch).

I'd like to see data on this.
Why inflammatory cytokines affects hairs on top of head not from sides or back? I think chronic weight on follicles plus muscle tension and immovable nature of top plays role,some people have good circulation others don't that certainly plays some role.but genetically sensitivity is also important.