the lost temple! ( used just the big2 plus...)

NINJAX

Reaction score
raj47 said:
hey ninjax what do you think about accutane for sebum reduction?

Hi there raj!

well lets lets start with what we know on accutane....

Accutane

Isotretinoin (trade name: Accutane) is a powerful drug used in the treatment of acne. Four to five months of Accutane treatment usually leads to clearing of acne. It is a potent medication that is very effective for nearly all types of breakouts. Accutane is needed for moderate to severe acne that has failed other treatments. It should be used for a severe, scarring acne. Is also used for acne present for many years that has not respond completely to antibiotic pills and creams. While it has many side effects, in some ways it is safer than long-term antibiotic usage. Most other acne-controlling medicines are antibacterial agents, which are effective only if used daily. Over two million people have taken this drug, so a lot is known about its safety and effectiveness

so...

unless youre suffering from severe acne on the head then this is ur drug of choice... first youll have to understand that this drug takes time to take effect... this is a good drug to take in the long run to treat severe oily skin especially on the face or scalp...but as this is a drug there will be side effects to its use especially at the start.

its actually a way to bring about new skin by speeding up the process chemically.

Now the problem is getting rid of the sebum superficially. If ur already treating male pattern baldness u should already be aware that we are taking alot of drugs in already...so it would be wise to look for effective options to minimize these drugs effect in the long run.

the Soap i used does just that( not selling or promoting just sharing) it strips off the sebum by the enzyme found in it...a very powerful enzyme at breaking down sebum..leave it on ur oily skin for just a minute and rinse off and ull notice that exfoliation has occured. This is different from other soaps that it just strips off the oil.. the ezyme actually breaks down skin components especially the oil found on top of it. Now we have observed how oil really is an indication that hairloss is speeding up. on my other posts there i explain that DHT is studied to be easily broken down by enzymes.

In conclusion i would advise first a ladder approach... using simple methods that are effective already and when things turn more complicated then going up the ladder of more potent(but more side effects) drugs such as accutane

hope this helps ur query:)

mann02

Established Member
Reaction score
HEY NINJAXXXXX HAHA LIKAS PAPAYA SOAP IS ORIGINALY MADE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES thanks for the link

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey ninjax its great to here for supportive guys like you and some others like strangekarma and i knew you are registered nurse its great.

i've been on accutane 10mg from 2010 feb from that onwards i seen more peeling on my scalp and my shiny scalp reduced to 1000w bulb to 1w bulb (he he )

i've been on study since from my hair fall when i was in 17(2002-2005) years of age actually i had hair fall which was consistent and up-to my age of 20 and then i saw rapid hair fall was at 2006.from that point i have seen oily scalp at 2006 i saw it through a LCD monitor when i was working in front of a PC.
from 2006 ~2009dec i had a trebile oily scalp now from accutane i got relived so much i think so .

now this is this the case DHT will be the main cause for hair fall and its consistently improving by day by day at one point make you're hair worse than ever before ,if you see at some of the guys like success forum example is skylinegtr and grass they pepole are extremely suffered from oily scalp and they got success once they get rid of the sebum from their scalp.

hey ninjax can you tell me where are the specific areas of sebeasculus gland in human body(because you are registered nurse).thank you buddy

NINJAX

Reaction score
hey ninjax can you tell me where are the specific areas of sebeasculus gland in human body(because you are registered nurse).thank you buddy[/quote]

Sure... heres a little anatomy and physiology on the topic..free of charge for all to enjoy!

The sebaceous glands are microscopic glands in the skin which secrete an oily/waxy matter, called sebum, to lubricate the skin and hair of mammals.In humans, they are found in greatest abundance on the face and scalp, though they are distributed throughout all skin sites except the palms and soles. In the eyelids, meibomian sebaceous glands secrete a special type of sebum into tears. There are several related medical conditions, including: acne, sebaceous cysts, hyperplasia, sebaceous adenoma and sebaceous gland carcinoma

sebaceous glands will differ in amount and production depending on what gender and genetic dispostion. A branched type of acinar gland, the sebaceous glands exist in humans throughout the skin except in the palms of the hands and soles of the feet.

Sebaceous glands can usually be found in hair-covered areas, where they are connected to hair follicles (see image at top). The glands deposit sebum on the hairs, and bring it to the skin surface along the hair shaft. The structure consisting of hair, hair follicle, arrector pili muscle, and sebaceous gland is known as a pilosebaceous unit.

Sebaceous glands are also found in non-haired areas (glabrous skin) of eyelids, nose, penis, labia minora, and nipples. Here, the sebum traverses ducts which terminate in sweat pores on the surface of the skin.

At the rim of the eyelids, meibomian glands are a specialized form of sebaceous gland. They secrete a form of sebum (called meibum) onto the eye, slowing the evaporation of tears.

Sebaceous glands are involved in skin problems such as acne and keratosis pilaris. In the skin pores, sebum and keratin can create a hyperkeratotic plug called a "microcomedone". The prescription drug isotretinoin significantly reduces the amount of sebum produced by the sebaceous glands, and is used to treat acne.

The extreme use (up to 10 times doctor-prescribed amounts) of anabolic steroids by bodybuilders, for muscle gain can cause acne. The sebaceous gland is stimulated due to some steroids conversion into dihydrotestosterone. This may cause serious acne on the face, neck, chest, back and shoulders.

A blocked sebaceous gland can result in a sebaceous cyst.

A condition involving enlarged sebaceous glands is known as sebaceous hyperplasia.

Sebaceous gland carcinoma is a rare and aggressive form of cancer involving the sebaceous glands; sebaceous adenoma is a more benign neoplasm of the sebaceous glands.

antonio666

Reaction score
all you have done is grown your hair out a bit you are a norwood 3 ,you look a lot better with the hair grown out in my opinion but you have not had any sucsess in my opinion

daffyduck

Reaction score
thanks for the tips NINJAX! i will be following your regimen and hopefully i will have good results like yours!

support! :punk:

daffyduck

Reaction score
by the way, the minoxidil 5% you mentioned here is the blue spray bottle, right? :innocent:

mann02

Established Member
Reaction score
daffyduck said:
by the way, the minoxidil 5% you mentioned here is the blue spray bottle, right? :innocent:

You mean regroe minx?I've been using it right now...it's the only minx available in Philippines

Simplestone

Reaction score
Speaking as a medical school student, the amount of unfounded or otherwise debunked pseudo-science in this thread is pretty remarkable.