the logic behind playing with your hormones...

g.i joey

Reaction score
Why can females play with their hormones when it comes to birth control, but when men use finasteride alot of us look at it as risky business, yet when a girl tells us shes on the pill we're just happy to know we dont have to wear a condom lol.

This is a pretty pointless thread, but millions of women use birth control playing with their female hormones, idk why playing with dht is so frowned upon.

and yes, like birth control pills, im aware that its due to the sides that there is some huge skepticism, but we can obviously observe that when woman play with their REPRODUCTIVE hormones for years they seem to get on just fine whenever they feel ready to stop taking it.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Ooh believe me they're not. It can be extremely hard to stop the pill, and I wish I never started. The best way seem to taper off very slowly (3/4 of the dose for six months then 1/2 etc etc). Some experience acne, migraines, brain fog, period troubles and even fuxking androgenic alopecia. Not true for everyone of course, but know that it can be a pain in the ***. Still, gynecologists prescribe it to girls like candy.

myhairbegone

Established Member
Reaction score
I woud guess the mechanics of birth control are better understood than finasteride. But then again I'm a huge dumbass

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why can females play with their hormones when it comes to birth control, but when men use finasteride alot of us look at it as risky business, yet when a girl tells us shes on the pill we're just happy to know we dont have to wear a condom lol.

This is a pretty pointless thread, but millions of women use birth control playing with their female hormones, idk why playing with dht is so frowned upon.

and yes, like birth control pills, im aware that its due to the sides that there is some huge skepticism, but we can obviously observe that when woman play with their REPRODUCTIVE hormones for years they seem to get on just fine whenever they feel ready to stop taking it.

Birth control pills are better researched by now due to hundreds of millions of women taking them.

dh05

Reaction score
What does a woman have to do to enjoy sex? Lie on her back, move her body around a bit.

What does a man have to do? Well...get his dick hard in the heat of the moment and then keep it that way...sometimes while using a condom making it harder to maintain the erection...

labellavita1985

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this is a pretty legitimate question, but in the case of birth control you're not completely shutting down the production of a specific hormone, as is pretty much the case with finestaride. Birth control pills contain hormones that women produce naturally (usually estradiol and a progestin,) they just give you a steady dose throughout the month when normally you would have major fluctuations throughout the cycle (explaining conditions like PMS, PMDD, and pre-menstrual acne.)

As controversial as they are these days, I absolutely love being on birth control (so much so that I pay $56 out of pocket every 28 days because my insurance doesn't cover my bcp.) I love what it does for my skin, my emotional state, etc. Being on birth control is also appealing to me because low androgenic, high estradiol containing BCP's can be very effective at "treating" hair loss, at least theoretically.

I do dread the day I have to come off. Currently I'm trying to quit smoking just so I can continue to take the BCP into my later years (doctors won't prescribe BCP's to women over 35 who smoke due to blood clot risk.)

g.i joey

Reaction score
I think this is a pretty legitimate question, but in the case of birth control you're not completely shutting down the production of a specific hormone, as is pretty much the case with finestaride.

not true though, you still have 30% DHT circulating your body at any given time on finasteride.

- - - Updated - - -

Some experience acne, migraines, brain fog, period troubles and even fuxking androgenic alopecia.

id say thats pretty damn close to what these PFS sufferers feel aside from the sexual sides.

crazy how its the men on here crying about the sides and millions of women take birth control with those very similar side effects lol. I mean im sure there are forums for birth control but theres no post birth control syndrome, they just tough it out.

nate30

Reaction score
I think the primary difference is that Finasteride can cause sides of a sexual nature, although in some cases birth control can as well. My girlfriend was on the pill for a time but decided to stop because it did lower her normally high libido. But with that said libido is generally more important to a man's quality of life than it is to a woman's...not saying that's the case for everyone, but that is the popular consensus.

But trust me, you won't be so eager to just tough it out if your pecker stops working as well as you're accustomed to.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
What does a woman have to do to enjoy sex? Lie on her back, move her body around a bit.

What does a man have to do? Well...get his dick hard in the heat of the moment and then keep it that way...sometimes while using a condom making it harder to maintain the erection...

Tu ne sais rien, Jean Neige !

- - - Updated - - -

not true though, you still have 30% DHT circulating your body at any given time on finasteride.

- - - Updated - - -

id say thats pretty damn close to what these PFS sufferers feel aside from the sexual sides.

crazy how its the men on here crying about the sides and millions of women take birth control with those very similar side effects lol. I mean im sure there are forums for birth control but theres no post birth control syndrome, they just tough it out.

My gynecologist completely denies it, but I'm in a fb support group of women wanting to stop the pill and some of their stories totally makes the chicken in me postpone and postpone again the time I'll (begin to) stop.