The liver, the gut wall, and gut microflora...

Hoppi

Reaction score
I'm back and even more alternative than ever before! xD

Ok, on my time away I may not have been coming on here much or really at all, but of course as always my erratic brain has been humming and whirring, and I came up with this!

Basically... remember how I said my male pattern baldness followed a sudden depletion of collagen throughout my body (my skin all became thinner basically, like older :( )... well...

Basically... as I've said I believe that male pattern baldness in MOST people who have it (those who don't have follicles so genetically sensitive that even normal, healthy androgen levels upset them) is caused by an overburdened liver struggling to regulate hormones properly and resulting in androgenic imbalance. I still believe that to be the case, but am now exploring the AVENUES through which this can happen.

I am currently theorizing that as well as environmental toxins, liver fat, Candida, etc.... what if....

The liver could also suffer as a result of the depleting collagen in our bodies as we age? As we age, our skin becomes THINNER. It loses collagen and that's how we develop wrinkles and the common signs of aging skin. Logic would dictate that this happens on the INSIDE as well - our intestines are made from collagen as well. And if our intestines are thinner and weaker and more fragile... what does that mean? More leaky gut, more opportunity for Candida to harm them and a weaker, frailer system in general. And what FLOWS through your intestines? BACTERIA (a significant amount of it harmful) and other stuff that you certainly wouldn't want to ingest again!

So all that harmful junk gets pumped straight back into your blood stream as your intestines struggle to keep it all healthily contained like they did when you were younger. All this as WELL as gradually worsening gut flora caused by bad diet, stress and other factors.

I believe that if we optimize gut flora (this includes killing any Candida, etc), strengthen the gut wall and clean the liver... a significant number of us (the ones without follicles sensitive to even our baseline androgen levels) will find our male pattern baldness stops.

I would love to find someone else or even a group of people to try out this approach with me :)

Peace!

Hoppi!

Hoppi

Reaction score
lol :)

I think it's all true though!

If people took some time and really thought about it, they would realize it makes sense :)

That's how I came to the conclusion - LOTS of thought and brainstorming! And then I realized it fit perfectly.

But.. yeah ^^

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Browny said:
'Summons Rogazzle'

Well .... anyone this
bluebunny.gif
deserves to lose the hair. He's a haphazardly meandering HairLossTalk.com basket case. Reading Hoppi's posts is like stepping into the mindset of a faith healing superstitious kook. Like the ones you read about in the newspaper.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/25545/w ... r-son-dies

Browny

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Browny said:
'Summons Rogazzle'

Well .... anyone this
bluebunny.gif
deserves to lose the hair. He's a haphazardly meandering HairLossTalk.com basket case. Reading Hoppi's posts is like stepping into the mindset of a faith healing superstitious kook. Like the ones you read about in the newspaper.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/25545/w ... r-son-dies

Haha

I often find reading Hoppi's posts is like a monstrous Psychadelic bubble exploding in your mind.

Seriously though we need to keep you both on this forum just for pure comedy gold from Rogazzle.

P.s. Hoppi you seem like a nice chap, but clearly crackers when it come to this alternative sharade

Hoppi

Reaction score
Thing is, people level the accusation at me that I'm making assumptions, and then attempt to counter them with....... more assumptions! :)

Basically... yes I considered the idea that thinner collagen results in hair loss directly (when androgens are mixed in) due to a weaker structure around the follicle. However, I discarded this when I realized firstly how closely timed my digestive issues were to me hair loss and the whole thing, and more importantly the increase in body hair I have experienced since this happened, which of course suggests an androgenic change.

As for whether my digestive issues are imaginary, I can't prove that over the net. But ever since this started, for example, mayonnaise gives me hours of excrutiating pain, makes me faint and gives me the runs, and cooked egg hits me hard too. For example.

Basically, my approach to digestive healing is very simple :)

You gotta correct the microflora in the intestines, strengthen the intestinal wall, and clean the liver and gallbladder. Oh, and of course clean the intestines in general!

Silver, lemons and apples are my main focus right now, as silver kills bacteria and fungi and promotes healing, lemons encourage the liver to cleanse and contain pectin which helps remove toxins, and apples contain malic acid which removes fat from the body and pectin also.

I also intend to consume plenty of protein and nutrients to support my gut wall as it heals, and probably get some probiotics from time to time too!

Silver isn't the only way of killing stuff in the intestines and promoting healing, but it's probably the most effective.

Same goes for apples and lemons, but I favour a KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid!) approach :)

I'll also probably get another colonic sometime and often take digestive enzymes, simply as I believe a clean colon is useful as well!

Hoppi

Hoppi

Reaction score
Also, out of interest, don't you guys ever see the link between overweight guys who eat lots of fat and carbohydrate, and male pattern baldness?

Like, the guy eating loads of crisps and burgers and stuff, in my experience they're the ones with no hair. They're also the ones who always have gas! lol

I believe it's due principally to Candida and fatty liver, as well as other very closely related medical conditions.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^^^
Wow. You're a loon. Got any statistical evidence to support any of your sweeping assertions above?

Thought not.

Don't expect us to be clamoring to join you inside that floaty sphere of yours. Too stuffy and claustrophobic.

Drink me some silver for teh leaky gut.
\
josh.gif

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
as long as hes making the point that they r just theories, hypothesises, and based on his opinions and experiences, im fine with these posts.

Its when he presents something as factual when it is just speculatino, that i hav a problem with.

and for the record, gas is a sign of healthy beneficial bacteria doing their thing.

Hoppi

Reaction score
anxious1 said:
as long as hes making the point that they r just theories, hypothesises, and based on his opinions and experiences, im fine with these posts.

Its when he presents something as factual when it is just speculatino, that i hav a problem with.

and for the record, gas is a sign of healthy beneficial bacteria doing their thing.

yes, some gas is normal. But bloating and excessive gas is a sign of imbalance (or another digestive issue like fatty liver). Why do you think unhealthy people tend to get gas all the time compared to healthy people?

Hoppi

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
You believe you have those things! anyway they have nothing to do with male pattern baldness. You must do something solid, and changing your diet is not solid enough to halt male pattern baldness, supplements are, powerful naturaltopicals (and minoxidil) are, and finasteride and dutasteride are lol (if you want to slowly become a woman). Good luck Hoppi!

You don't believe the liver affects hormone levels?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Be forewarned - arguing science with
bluebunny.gif
is like trying to argue science with a fundamentalist christian.

Waste. of. Time.

Hoppi

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
You don't believe the liver affects hormone levels?

Yes, but diet alone can't fix hair loss, it's a fact :)

man I must have gone over this with you like a hundred times. I'm not doing it again. We agree to disagree!

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you think unhealthy people tend to get gas all the time compared to healthy people?

Whos making this assumption though hoppi? How can u prove that unhealthy people have more gas. how can u prove there unhealthy and how can u prove their gas is more than someone elses. Do u sit behind them with a funnel connected to a mass spectrometer, or some sort of methane detector? Its just speculation.

I'd be more worried if there is no gas.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Hmmm...the liver and hormones...where'd I read that :whistle:

hehe probably in my last thread or post or anything else by me =D

But, the difference here is this idea that as well as Candida and dysbiosis and fat and stuff causing this... I wanted to know why older people seemed SO much more susceptible. Like, it seemed like by say 60 or 70 a huge, huge percentage of men have norwood 7s. And I was curious as to why it seemed like SUCH a losing battle at that age. Like, I can't believe they have any WORSE situations involving fatty liver and Candida than many others...

But... of course as you get older your whole system just gets older and frailer and doesn't work as well doesn't it? Like, your liver is going to be less efficient, your intestines will be WAY thinner and weaker. It's the collagen thing that really hit me, as it occurred to me that thinner collagen around the intestines probably = more leaky gut.

The solution again is good microflora, cleaning your liver and intestines and toughening and healing the gut wall.

Sounds almost simple when you put it like that! :)

Shame I haven't got much money right now... as soon as I get a job I can resume trying to sort myself out (my life has been busy!)

Jacob

Reaction score
Actually..as you usually did/do...I mentioned the connection some time ago and you brushed it off and went on and on about what you were focused on for that week...or day. Then it gets brought up elsewhere and you're all over it. I'm sure Biofilms will be next. J/k.............

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Actually..as you usually did/do...I mentioned the connection some time ago and you brushed it off and went on and on about what you were focused on for that week...or day. Then it gets brought up elsewhere and you're all over it. I'm sure Biofilms will be next. J/k.............

nah, I've never really dwelled too much on biofilms although I have looked into them.

It's important to stay focused and not to go off on tangents too much!

Hopefully I'm near the end of this one!

Hoppi

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
so Hoppi, you are using minoxidil now?

yeah, just to tide me through.

Damn I can't wait until I have cash again! Shouldn't be long :)