The Leading International Companies In The Development Of Baldness Treatment

bekeero

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The leading international companies in the development of baldness treatment /
Dr. Alexey Terskikh had this to say of the presentation made today.
“Our new protocol described today overcomes key technological challenges that kept our discovery from real-world use,”
“Now we have a robust, highly controlled method for generating natural-looking hair that grows through the skin using an unlimited source of human iPSC-derived dermal papilla cells. This is a critical breakthrough in the development of cell-based hair-loss therapies and the regenerative medicine field.”
https://stemsontx.com/

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Provided that a person has the money....

the question is: IS THIS TREATMENT AVAILABLE NOW?

NotJason

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, great find and great news! Incredible that there seem to be 4-5 companies working on hair multiplication and seem to be making tangible progress!
Really seems like it’s becoming more of a question of ‘when’ and not ‘if’ or ‘what’.
Also really exciting that all out hopes aren’t riding on a single company. More companies mean more motivation to be first to market, lower prices due to competition as well as quicker availability in different regions. Basically a win for all of us.
Feeling good today!

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Functional hair follicles grown from stem cells

Scientists from Sanford Burnham Prebys have created natural-looking hair that grows through the skin using human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), a major scientific achievement that could revolutionize the hair growth industry. The findings were presented today at the annual meeting of the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) and received a Merit Award. A newly formed company, Stemson Therapeutics, has licensed the technology.

https://www.sbpdiscovery.org/press/functional-hair-follicles-grown-from-stem-cells

This was covered also on social media as well:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...reakthrough-alopecia-california-a8979066.html

„The work was awarded a merit award by the ISSCR – but has not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal, and hurdles remain in scaling it up. While there is a potentially ”unlimited” supply of these cells in the blood, this reprogramming process is still relatively costly with current techniques.“

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
New science, no clinical phases approved. we are still a whole lot of years away.

So its not coming out tomorrow.
Yes, but science behind this procedure is very legit. They launched new website and patented their product.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't they set up lab in African country and made available the new therapies where people could go to and get the job done.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well this is it, the cure! Just 10-20 years away; ho hum. At least i can be confident of seeing out my last couple of years with a full head of hair.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't they set up lab in African country and made available the new therapies where people could go to and get the job done.

Do you understand why there are so many phases?

if no, then I can tolerate your comment.

But lets say someone does as you want to, and you develop cancer, then that?

Your desperation lead you on a very deadly path.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because people behind this project are legit university professors with credibility and careers. Not scammers.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
“Stemson believes we have the most promising biological approach to deliver a therapy which can generate net new hair follicles to replace those lost in people suffering from hair loss. We are honored to have Allergan’s support, and we look forward to working together with the Allergan team in developing this exciting new therapy and taking it into clinical trial” said Geoff Hamilton, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder at Stemson Therapeutics.

Stemson Secures Multi-Million Dollar Investment from Allergan

RU588FOUR1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been a salesman for many years and have learnt to never count the Purchase Order until it hits your inbox.

This is an advancement that everyone should feel good about. But don’t start booking your flights. This genuinely does look like the foundation of a cure, but it’s availability is a long way away.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you understand why there are so many phases?

if no, then I can tolerate your comment.

But lets say someone does as you want to, and you develop cancer, then that?

Your desperation lead you on a very deadly path.

Is it possible to get hair cancer?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it possible to get hair cancer?

it is possible to generate some serious side effects. And that is what we to know about.

Are there side effects, if yes how serious and how often do they occur.

If you look at the side effects of the pills or medication you might take, then you will realize some of those are pretty bad. but since the statistical chances are so slim that they will happen, they still get approved. But as long as we know about them and then are willing to take the risks

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’ve been a salesman for many years and have learnt to never count the Purchase Order until it hits your inbox.

This is an advancement that everyone should feel good about. But don’t start booking your flights. This genuinely does look like the foundation of a cure, but it’s availability is a long way away.
Only time will tell. But
it is possible to generate some serious side effects. And that is what we to know about.

Are there side effects, if yes how serious and how often do they occur.

If you look at the side effects of the pills or medication you might take, then you will realize some of those are pretty bad. but since the statistical chances are so slim that they will happen, they still get approved. But as long as we know about them and then are willing to take the risks
Yes, that’s why there are long clinical trials.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The big issue here is cancer because basically they are reprogramming skin cells to turn into DP cells, the process is not efficient and the reprogrammed cells could end up being cancerous. This is the big issue with ips cells but apparently the risks can now be controlled and hence the long research needed so I would not get too excited, it's the standard 5-10 years scenario but I'm positive we will get there in the end with this kind of therapy.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's just a bit depressing, that we will be the last generation wasting their 20's and early 30's with fighting against hairloss instead of living the best time of life. But at the end it's a very nice science work and everybody of us will be happy with his nice hairs in some years. Even 50 year old guys want to have hairs, because the look allways matter when you're into it.

When I was 18, I thought I don't care about my look at 28. Now I'm 28 and I bet I will still care about my look at 38.